IGNORED

Qpr

Always Believesham

great support, unfortunate with the old bill aparently, its was a great atmosphere until we went 2-0 down, we went abit quiet but understandably....also though the amount of empty seats around us at the end?? there were barely any seats taken...hold your hands up...who left befor the end? not everyone has a good excuse, apart from that though a good turn out and we sang fairly well.

Yep, crap again. But noone stands so it isnt a suppose.

I was at the fair left upper , was crap untill the "hoolies" turned up and they made some noise but then they left before the end so it died down.

Our fans far right upper seemed alright.

And qpr fans being good? The ones on the fair left were #######s, giving it the big "i am" durning the game. Then when the hoolies actually left the ground when they could of gone to have a fight they just stayed there. Complete tarts.

They act super hard inside the ground but outside its lovely and safe.

I was in the far right upper. It was all right.

Bit of banter with one gesturing QPR fan before the game who must have been hammered.

Sorry, I know it's the done thing to slag off the atmosphere but I thought it was okay considering the events unfolding on the pitch.

Upper right and yes, I did leave (89 mins, we got stuffed)! Wanted to move the car (BBC car park) and listen to the rugby!

In the same circumstance, I would do the same. Doesn't make me a bad fan! 34 years says it doesn't!

i bet the rugby was worse!

i watched it and was in total shock, coudn't believe our second half...

At least the rugby didn't cost me £120!

Have to say the idiot minority that follow our club have beaten me! My boy wants to come to games with me now and I will not subject him to the arses that pretend to follow City. Home games only for me now!

Sad after alot of years.

At least the rugby didn't cost me £120!

Have to say the idiot minority that follow our club have beaten me! My boy wants to come to games with me now and I will not subject him to the arses that pretend to follow City. Home games only for me now!

Sad after alot of years.

Yup but every club has these "idiots" around mucker, us being no exception.

Yup but every club has these "idiots" around mucker, us being no exception.

Don't deny it but why should my nipper be subjected to 'F$^king this' and 'F%%king that' every other word? I was brought up to defend kids from that. These to55ers wanted to walk over my boy to gesticulate at the QPR fans! Bollox to 'em! He should not have to have grown men shoving him out of the way! Drunken scum!! I tried to move and was told to 'F$%^ing sit down' by a steward. Never again!

Don't deny it but why should my nipper be subjected to 'F$^king this' and 'F%%king that' every other word? I was brought up to defend kids from that. These to55ers wanted to walk over my boy to gesticulate at the QPR fans! Bollox to 'em! He should not have to have grown men shoving him out of the way! Drunken scum!! I tried to move and was told to 'F$%^ing sit down' by a steward. Never again!

Ohno mate i wasn't condoneing it and i totally agree, although being 19 i often go away with some mates and we do witness some of these idiots, we just want to go sing our hearts out and enjoy the match not have some idiots starting fights everywhere its ridiculous mate

Wasn't tarring you with them! Just really fed up and a really crap day! Totally fed up because these idiots have made today my last away game for a while. I can't stand 'em!

I know it is ridiculous people don't need to be violent to create a good atmosphere there is no need for violence in football or anyway IMO

For most of the second half I had a few of our stone island loving younger fans fans giving me and others around me abuse and mouthing off because because myself and others round me were not joining in with the songs... They were making right idiots of themselves goading the QPR fans near the corner and seemed only intrested in looking for trouble. Surely its my choice weather I sing or not did not know it was maditory.

Pretty much annoyed me more than the score yesterday..

:disapointed2se:

I'm with you - I posted this on another thread.

"What worries me, apart from booing our own players, is the genuine hate that "fans" show for the opposition. Don't get me wrong, banter is fine, but frankly it goes far beyond that.

At home games I'm in the Dolman - can't stand watching football from behind the goal - and OK maybe it's tame and people don't sing as much as in the beloved East End. However, to be honest it scares me to be standing next to guys whose body position and eye line are directed, not at the pitch, but at the home fans for 60% of the time. The plank next to me was bellowing obscenities at the QPR stand from the start, just because the home fans had the temerity to suport their own team.

Now a lot of you would probably praise him because he had passion & sang loud and long. Me, I loathed him and would prefer to share a pint with the "eccentric" in the blue sombrero that he was aching to get at. So I read all these posts about lack of atmosphere with a hint of sadness. If vocal support goes along with hatred and simmering violence then you can keep it.

Pass the prawn sandwiches, vicar. "

• SC&T Board Members
I'm with you - I posted this on another thread.

"What worries me, apart from booing our own players, is the genuine hate that "fans" show for the opposition. Don't get me wrong, banter is fine, but frankly it goes far beyond that.

At home games I'm in the Dolman - can't stand watching football from behind the goal - and OK maybe it's tame and people don't sing as much as in the beloved East End. However, to be honest it scares me to be standing next to guys whose body position and eye line are directed, not at the pitch, but at the home fans for 60% of the time. The plank next to me was bellowing obscenities at the QPR stand from the start, just because the home fans had the temerity to suport their own team.

Now a lot of you would probably praise him because he had passion & sang loud and long. Me, I loathed him and would prefer to share a pint with the "eccentric" in the blue sombrero that he was aching to get at. So I read all these posts about lack of atmosphere with a hint of sadness. If vocal support goes along with hatred and simmering violence then you can keep it.

Pass the prawn sandwiches, vicar. "

I agree totally ... we have gathered an unwelcome element amongst our travelling followers this year - largely at the high profile games that are fairly easy to get to ... the problem was very apparent in the pubs and roads outside the ground at Wolves, in the main stand at Palace and at pubs like O'Neils on Shepherd's Bush yesterday.

I've seen the changing face of City's away following from the early 70s through to today, and it is uglier now than it has been for many years.

I only hope that the club is aware of this and will seek to put measures in place to curb the availability of away tickets to this element, who clearly have no interest in watching the game or supporting the team.

Guest WellyCiderHead
the problem was very apparent in the pubs and roads outside the ground at Wolves, in the main stand at Palace and at pubs like O'Neils on Shepherd's Bush yesterday.

Were u in oneils yesterday? i was there from 12oclock onwards and didnt see any trouble at all until the police decided we wernt going to watch the first half.

No, i wasnt saying it was acceptable.

City have not just got this reputation, its been around for years. Ok the problems at wovles etc doesnt help but take walsall away a few season ago etc, even when i started going to away games (10 Years ago?) i can remember there being large police element at games like bournemouth etc.

Bristol city will always be at policed in a large way at away games.

Lower Left was mostly stood/singing all game.

That bloody ###### in the Mexican hat with the clacker...

Jesus christ, what a ####!

:noexpression:

I was down in the lower left and thought a couple of times how quiet the rest of the stand was. Sadly we didnt really get much to be excited about until Ivan came on and showed some movement...To late to salvage anything but certainly enough to show that NC on the wing is a non starter if IS is fit.

NC is clearly a very good footballer but would seem to me to be better employed in the middle more, applying pressure to the Elliott/LJ partnership or the Trundle/Noble role behind the front man...

Funny thing before KO I was talking to a couple of Rangers supporters/London Cabbies who know Pete Johnson and they were certainly under the impression NC was bought in as a winger...Small world..

Archived