IGNORED

Qpr

Always Believesham

• SC&T Board Members
No, i wasnt saying it was acceptable.

City have not just got this reputation, its been around for years. Ok the problems at wovles etc doesnt help but take walsall away a few season ago etc, even when i started going to away games (10 Years ago?) i can remember there being large police element at games like bournemouth etc.

Bristol city will always be at policed in a large way at away games.

Yes, and as long we have this element amongst our following, we are going to be met at high profile away games by large police contingents. So should we just accept that we've 'always had' this problem, or try to do something about it?

I'm sure that club's that don't have this problem element amongst their following don't get policed in such a heavy-handed manner. You reap what you sow.

• SC&T Board Members
Your right blagdon red, but if people on this site are prepared to moan on here and not write letters to the police saying they have had enough etc then nothing will be done about it.

The police will continue to act in the matter they do, the police should easily be able to pick out who wants to cause trouble, it isnt hard.

Agreed - it isn't hard ... so I'd like to see the club nip the problem at source, i.e. take measures to stop such people getting tickets ... then the rest of us can enjoy our away days and the police can stand down.

• SC&T Board Members
Blagdon red, can you honestly see the police stepping down though? Look at the amount of home games this season where there has been no need for police.

The number of police in attendance at any game will obviously not be just a matter of some senior officer dreaming up a number ... it will be based on intelligence, past experience with the club in question etc., etc. As I said above, I'm sure the number of police we saw at QPR on Saturday do not turn out for every visiting team. So if the number for other teams is lower, you have to ask why. Presumably because there is less evidence of those teams' followers acting in an anti-social manner.

Or put it another way: If City had sold zero tickets for yesterday's game, would the same number of police have turned out? Of course not. If City had sold tickets only to old age pensioners, Premier Club members and personal friends of CS, SL and co., would there have been the same police numbers? Of course not. If City had sold tickets to the above, plus ST holders only, would there have been the same police numbers? Unlikely.

I would agree that the police numbers yesterday looked excessive, but I don't accept that the numbers could not be a lot less at similar games in the future if we were to get our house in order and rid ourselves of our anti-social following.

The problem with the police yesterday was, the part where something could happen (the walk through by the station) didnt have any police there at all.

But blagdon, how do you say who can and cannot have a ticket? Appearence?

If you have no previous problems then the club cant do much, also i do feel it is unfair if you restrict tickets sales to people because they have been seen with the wrong elements etc.

• SC&T Board Members
The problem with the police yesterday was, the part where something could happen (the walk through by the station) didnt have any police there at all.

But blagdon, how do you say who can and cannot have a ticket? Appearence?

If you have no previous problems then the club cant do much, also i do feel it is unfair if you restrict tickets sales to people because they have been seen with the wrong elements etc.

You said yourself, it's easy to tell!

In reality though, you have to start on the presumption that anyone without a record is innocent and slowly weed out the bad apples one by one as they bring themselves to the attention of the police.

It would not be a simple process and it wouldn't succeed overnight (look how long it took Englandfans to get there ... and even their system is still not perfect). But that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. The alternative is just to accept that away days for many decent fans are going to be repeatedly ruined by the anti-social behaviour of others and, as a direct consequence, forceful policing.

Yep, crap again. But noone stands so it isnt a suppose.

I was at the fair left upper , was crap untill the "hoolies" turned up and they made some noise but then they left before the end so it died down.

Our fans far right upper seemed alright.

And qpr fans being good? The ones on the fair left were #######s, giving it the big "i am" durning the game. Then when the hoolies actually left the ground when they could of gone to have a fight they just stayed there. Complete tarts.

They act super hard inside the ground but outside its lovely and safe.

I was stood up in the fair left upper, near the back, and i left early, but only because of what happened before the game (o'neils) and didnt want to be kept in and miss my coach at victoria. and your right a few of them wanted to fight me and my mate, and they could of when we left but never (not that i was looking for a fight!)

The whole day was rubbish thanks to the OB. and i was right on one because of it.

PS don't know if you were referring to me but I personally am not a hoolie, and neithers my mate!

At least the rugby didn't cost me £120!

Have to say the idiot minority that follow our club have beaten me! My boy wants to come to games with me now and I will not subject him to the arses that pretend to follow City. Home games only for me now!

Sad after alot of years.

I've gotta say any 'idiots' amongst us city fans were provoked along with us normal city fans

Don't deny it but why should my nipper be subjected to 'F$^king this' and 'F%%king that' every other word? I was brought up to defend kids from that. These to55ers wanted to walk over my boy to gesticulate at the QPR fans! Bollox to 'em! He should not have to have grown men shoving him out of the way! Drunken scum!! I tried to move and was told to 'F$%^ing sit down' by a steward. Never again!

If you don't want to hear your little one to hear swearing, a football match is the last place you should be taking him. When it comes to the time i bring my little boy, i know he will hear swearing and it will be up to me to teach him that he should swear and that its not acceptable -but it is acceptable for adults at a football match

The number of police in attendance at any game will obviously not be just a matter of some senior officer dreaming up a number ... it will be based on intelligence, past experience with the club in question etc., etc. As I said above, I'm sure the number of police we saw at QPR on Saturday do not turn out for every visiting team. So if the number for other teams is lower, you have to ask why. Presumably because there is less evidence of those teams' followers acting in an anti-social manner.

Or put it another way: If City had sold zero tickets for yesterday's game, would the same number of police have turned out? Of course not. If City had sold tickets only to old age pensioners, Premier Club members and personal friends of CS, SL and co., would there have been the same police numbers? Of course not. If City had sold tickets to the above, plus ST holders only, would there have been the same police numbers? Unlikely.

I would agree that the police numbers yesterday looked excessive, but I don't accept that the numbers could not be a lot less at similar games in the future if we were to get our house in order and rid ourselves of our anti-social following.

There was no intelligence used by the OB yesterday. none whatsoever!

Yesterday I left the ground at 1630, and am not ashamed of it. I always stay til the end usually, however yesterday at 3 nil down with the boys looking like they were never going to score a goal I left to watch the rugby. If they're going to play crap football like that then I am entitled to leave when I want to. Doesn't make me any less of a fan, love the reds and alway will. See you at Shef Wednes on Sat.

Yesterday I left the ground at 1630, and am not ashamed of it. I always stay til the end usually, however yesterday at 3 nil down with the boys looking like they were never going to score a goal I left to watch the rugby. If they're going to play crap football like that then I am entitled to leave when I want to. Doesn't make me any less of a fan, love the reds and alway will. See you at Shef Wednes on Sat.

I think you should be ashamed. The boys have played well this season, and deserve full support. You gotta take the rough with the smooth, otherwise you might aswell support man u

I left early to make sure i got to the coach station in time.... and i feel ashamed

Clubs like Leeds and Stoke have a membership system. It has stopped trouble for away games and was set up by their clubs. Not sure if we need that but always a thought I guess.

West Brom take it a stage further ......... my friend there said . you have to buy an away season ticket at a cost of £300 ....

this doesn't get you away tickets ......... it gets your on the list of those able to buy away tickets ..........

i think this was started when they were in the premiership ........ as demand for away tickets greatly outnumbered the amount of tickets available ........

think on it ..........

if we got promoted, 4000 tickets available at say man u or liverpool ........ 10,000 (current) maybe 15000 (if we got promoted) season ticket holders grabbing for em .......... i doubt any non season ticket holder would get an away ticket in that instance.

but if the hoolies were ST holders, it would be much easier to control situations then

:englandsmile4wf:

:englandsmile4wf:

think on it ..........

if we got promoted, 4000 tickets available at say man u or liverpool ........ 10,000 (current) maybe 15000 (if we got promoted) season ticket holders grabbing for em .......... i doubt any non season ticket holder would get an away ticket in that instance.

but if the hoolies were ST holders, it would be much easier to control situations then

very logical

i trust SL GJ CS and the big boys at the club know what theyre doing

bring on the wednesday!

I was in oneills and thought it was actually a nice atmosphere, only a couple of chants and most people were happy drinking, watching the man city game and chatting about the game. Landlady got on the mic and started getting over excited about something which caused a bit of jeering but thought it was good humoured so nothing to worry about. I fortunately left about 14:20 to go to the ground and the police let us go on our way no problem. Something that amused me was this bloke who would have been late 30's was with his mates in the lower left of stand giving this QPR guy, also late 30's, some stick to which he was replying with the usual 2 finger salute and it seemed to be standard banter when the city guy went over to the police man and asked him if he'd stop the QPR fan from winding up the city fans!?!? this d*ck then spent the rest of the game mouthing off to some other make believe thug in the crowd. If this wasn't so pathetic I might have got annoyed but I bet that bloke was giving it the big one before and after the game and if his mates knew he went bleating to the police it might burst his bubble!

Archived