IGNORED

Palace - Not Good Boys

bringbacktherobin

Seeing as everyone was saying that we were terrible fans etc etc and palace are amazing and they don't know what came to town etc.

Taken from a post at http://z12.invisionfree.com/StandUpSitDown...?showtopic=2695

Southampton fans today giving harmless banter, were literally assaulted by our stewards- incredible stuff.

Tensions arose in the first half when some half-wit Palace fan ran into the no-mans section between home and away and spent about a minute gesturing and generally trying to wind up Sainst fans.

No real bother though as most fans laughed, as the fool continually fell on his arse on what was the old away terrace which now resembles a ski slope.

It did, however, get a bit of banter going between both sets of fans and about 20 saints were 'giving it' as such.

With about two mins before full time these twenty fans were congrergated on the steps rather than their seats and were having fun bouncing about which culmulated with a mini surge towards the pitch.

From then on near carnage ensued which I can only blame on our 'bouncer' stewards.

As the Southampton fans reached the barrier near the pitch our stewards did their usual 'panic stations there's going to be a riot' act and started to form a human sheild.

To my utter disbelief to a man it seemed that every single steward then started throwing pucnhes at the Saints fans.

We are talking about 10 stewards out of control here that were just up for a fight.

This incensed me so much that I left my own seat and rushed to the front - I sit right next to the away section. I felt the need to vent my spleen at the ######s that were suposedly in charge of safety in our ground.

By the time myself and a friend had reached the front the situation had escalated so that home and away fans were trying to reach other.

Five minutes later I was nearly nicked for pushing back a steward who had shoved me very hard in the chest and my mate had a 2-3 inch gash above his eye which was pouring with blood as a result of a coin from from Saints fans.

All so avoidable if our stewards could have ignored a bit of harmless fun.

#######s

Looks like that idiot who wrote a letter to the post needs to look closer at his own fans.

Its got nothing to do with stewards, its just the palace fans were coming out with stuff like, "worst team ever to come", "horrible set of fans etc"

But then is is from a palace fan

"Tensions arose in the first half when some half-wit Palace fan ran into the no-mans section between home and away and spent about a minute gesturing and generally trying to wind up Sainst fans."

So palace arnt so sparkly clean.

• Admin
Seeing as everyone was saying that we were terrible fans etc etc and palace are amazing and they don't know what came to town etc.

Taken from a post at http://z12.invisionfree.com/StandUpSitDown...?showtopic=2695

Southampton fans today giving harmless banter, were literally assaulted by our stewards- incredible stuff.

Tensions arose in the first half when some half-wit Palace fan ran into the no-mans section between home and away and spent about a minute gesturing and generally trying to wind up Sainst fans.

No real bother though as most fans laughed, as the fool continually fell on his arse on what was the old away terrace which now resembles a ski slope.

It did, however, get a bit of banter going between both sets of fans and about 20 saints were 'giving it' as such.

With about two mins before full time these twenty fans were congrergated on the steps rather than their seats and were having fun bouncing about which culmulated with a mini surge towards the pitch.

From then on near carnage ensued which I can only blame on our 'bouncer' stewards.

As the Southampton fans reached the barrier near the pitch our stewards did their usual 'panic stations there's going to be a riot' act and started to form a human sheild.

To my utter disbelief to a man it seemed that every single steward then started throwing pucnhes at the Saints fans.

We are talking about 10 stewards out of control here that were just up for a fight.

This incensed me so much that I left my own seat and rushed to the front - I sit right next to the away section. I felt the need to vent my spleen at the ######s that were suposedly in charge of safety in our ground.

By the time myself and a friend had reached the front the situation had escalated so that home and away fans were trying to reach other.

Five minutes later I was nearly nicked for pushing back a steward who had shoved me very hard in the chest and my mate had a 2-3 inch gash above his eye which was pouring with blood as a result of a coin from from Saints fans.

All so avoidable if our stewards could have ignored a bit of harmless fun.

#######s[/code]

Looks like that idiot who wrote a letter to the post needs to look closer at his own fans.

Like he was ever "really" from Croydon !

Stewarding away from home is like referees, you get a mixed bag with each week.

I've seen some really peddantic stewarding (Forest), poor stewarding (Cardiff) but some bloody good as well (Carlisle, Bournemouth, Oldham - blokes who live in the real world and have a chat with you as well)

There are also varying elements in the opposing crowds depending on where you go as well.

Whether Palace had some troublemakers or not doesn't concern me personally, but I will say that we have a bunch of ****wit young chavs that attach themselves to us and that is our problem.

Whether you like it or not, they directly responsible for some of the stigma we have and for the fact that we can't sit in the East End regularly in large numbers at games.

I've always thought that us complaining about other fans starting something or the standard of stewarding causing something to be akin to a bloke stood in his garden complaining about the neighbour's dog barking while behind him his house is on fire.

hiskey bcfc , what has numskull hooligan chavs got to do with why large numbers cant get admittance to the EASTEND on matchday?

Because the East end as you know sits right next to the away support.

On a couple of occasions (which I have witnessed first hand as I was in there last season) some of these idiots get into the East end when its opened up with the sole aim of trying to start something up with the away end.

If these clowns didnt come to the games then Lansdown would not feel he has to keep the EE down to low numbers to avoid an incident.

Why should he take on the risk of having it open with the possibility of something starting when other areas of the ground can be filled with a lower police bill.

Why face the risk of a larger police presence, increased bill and our club dragged through the mud?

Whether you or I like it or not, if we didnt have these idiots then there wouldn't be the closed EE issue.

Its simple really. They are to blame.

Away games, yes there can be crap stewards, hostile troublesome crowds too, but lets not pretend we don't have a bunch of idiots who come for trouble either.

I'm sure the policing costs in the Williams stand have now escalated to a monumental scale now there have been ACTUAL punches thrown from a supporter. Six year ban if i remember correctly. Perhaps this supporter tried to get admittance to the Eastend and was refused entry as he was quite clearly in the wrong stand, or do the other stands have this "numskull" element in them aswell?

Because the East end as you know sits right next to the away support.

On a couple of occasions (which I have witnessed first hand as I was in there last season) some of these idiots get into the East end when its opened up with the sole aim of trying to start something up with the away end.

If these clowns didnt come to the games then Lansdown would not feel he has to keep the EE down to low numbers to avoid an incident.

Why should he take on the risk of having it open with the possibility of something starting when other areas of the ground can be filled with a lower police bill.

Why face the risk of a larger police presence, increased bill and our club dragged through the mud?

Whether you or I like it or not, if we didnt have these idiots then there wouldn't be the closed EE issue.

Its simple really. They are to blame.

Away games, yes there can be crap stewards, hostile troublesome crowds too, but lets not pretend we don't have a bunch of idiots who come for trouble either.

Agreed.

personally I won't go into the stand anymore as I have feared for my safety due to some of the idiots in there.

It is true that it is only a minority in that stand but the minority are always the problem in all parts of life wherever you go, unfortunately there is alot of "chav scum" in the Bristol and they are the sorts that we need to get rid of from the club, they are not all just kids, some of them are grown ups who should know better. Thankfully majority of the idiots have been banned from Ashton Gate and now only get to bring their behaviour to away games.

That said as most can see from other parts of the ground, there will always been problems with "some" in the eastend, but it is those that need to be removed from the stands.

Perhaps they should make an example of those they have removed from the east end similar to the 2 people who caused problems recently in the Dolman (Bradley Orr incident) and the Williams (assault incident) those to incidents resulted in long bans for 2 the people concerned, perhaps if they handed out longer bans to the morons in the east end it would hopefully reduce the behavour of the remaining minority.

thats why the williams stand also has the same restrictions then is it?

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the williams stand/east end have a fence actually built and a new tunnel in/out the stand to keep home/away fans seperate? and they restrictions put on the stand to keep fans apart in that area?

there did used to be alot of trouble in the Williams stand with fans (ala the millwall game few years back) but in fairness though there isn't the trouble in their since the large group from the corner by the clock fans moved out of that stand and elsewhere in the ground?..........hmmm wait a min? where do they sit now?

there did used to be alot of trouble in the Williams stand with fans (ala the millwall game few years back) but in fairness though there isn't the trouble in their since the large group from the corner by the clock fans moved out of that stand and elsewhere in the ground?..........hmmm wait a min? where do they sit now?

What a stupid, incorrect comment.

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the williams stand/east end have a fence actually built and a new tunnel in/out the stand to keep home/away fans seperate? and they restrictions put on the stand to keep fans apart in that area?

I don't know mate , where do they sit? let me remind you that the supporters in the Eastend are all season ticket holders or friends of season ticket holders all of which are totally known to the club with full details given. There has been NO arrest made in the stand since the West brom game and NO violence at ALL in the stand in the entire season to date. The club have also put over 1000 under 11's in this stand to which has been referred to as a stand for "unsavourry" characters!

I don't know mate , where do they sit? let me remind you that the supporters in the Eastend are all season ticket holders or friends of season ticket holders all of which are totally known to the club with full details given. There has been NO arrest made in the stand since the West brom game and NO violence at ALL in the stand in the entire season to date. The club have also put over 1000 under 11's in this stand to which has been referred to as a stand for "unsavourry" characters!

firstly.....I said MINORITY, most of the problems have so far happened this season when it's been opened up for overflow?

"NO arrest made in the stand since the West brom" according to who? just need to look at the A&S website? arrests during the Southampton game AND cardiff game following problems in the eastend?

to say it was suprising that they let the kids in to that stand is an understatement, but to be fair they did keep them in general completely seperate from the the rest fo the fans, which is understandable.

What a stupid, incorrect comment.

why? there was trouble between the williams stand/East End a few years back during the millwall game, following that the attendance was reduced in the ground to ensure larger segregated areas? then they built the tunnel and large fencing in the east end entranace?

did this not happen? trouble in that corner of the ground has stopped?.....or rather......been moved

ashtonsmate, personally I won't go into the stand anymore as I have feared for my safety due to some of the idiots in there.

Could you tell me on what games you have feared for your safety?

People in the east end don't want to cause trouble, we don't go in there becasue it is close to the away fans, we go in there becasue it is a spare space in the ground where likeminded people can get together and enjoy football how they wish.

I would expect everyone currently in the east end would still be in the east end if the away fans wernt in there.

This does not include, trying to be violent to the away support or being absuive to them.

The gap between fans in the east end is a hell of a lot bigger than the one between the williams and the east end. If i wished (which i don't) to throw say a coin at the away fans in the east end, i highly highly doubt that it would be able to reach that far. But if i wanted to from the williams it would be easy to, all you have to do is wait fro the fans to leave for the toilet etc.

Don't say everyone in the east end is there for one reason they are not, every single person i know is in their because they want to get behind the lads.

Also the most popular bit of the east end now is at the back of the stand, not next to the netting, not next to the away fans.

I think you are mixing people who want to be passionate (in their own way, if you feel being in the dolman etc passionate then i don't have a problem with that) with people who want to cause trouble.

People in the east end don't mind how other people watch bristol city, yes it would be good if everyone was singing etc but i doubt that will happen.

Let people enjoy football how they wish, and you can enjoy football how you wish.

firstly.....I said MINORITY, most of the problems have so far happened this season when it's been opened up for overflow?

"NO arrest made in the stand since the West brom" according to who? just need to look at the A&S website? arrests during the Southampton game AND cardiff game following problems in the eastend?

to say it was suprising that they let the kids in to that stand is an understatement, but to be fair they did keep them in general completely seperate from the the rest fo the fans, which is understandable.

I suggest you read the A & S website more closely as the only arrest made since the west brom game where against southampton which was an arrest made outside BS3 bar, and then against Cardiff but although disappointment of the Eastend was mentioned there is no mention that the arrests were made in that stand , in fact both arrests were made outside the stadium in the car park.

Agreed.

personally I won't go into the stand anymore as I have feared for my safety due to some of the idiots in there.

It is true that it is only a minority in that stand but the minority are always the problem in all parts of life wherever you go, unfortunately there is alot of "chav scum" in the Bristol and they are the sorts that we need to get rid of from the club, they are not all just kids, some of them are grown ups who should know better. Thankfully majority of the idiots have been banned from Ashton Gate and now only get to bring their behaviour to away games.

That said as most can see from other parts of the ground, there will always been problems with "some" in the eastend, but it is those that need to be removed from the stands.

Perhaps they should make an example of those they have removed from the east end similar to the 2 people who caused problems recently in the Dolman (Bradley Orr incident) and the Williams (assault incident) those to incidents resulted in long bans for 2 the people concerned, perhaps if they handed out longer bans to the morons in the east end it would hopefully reduce the behavour of the remaining minority.

more hysteria from the ill informed

more hysteria from the ill informed

It isn't the problem with the season ticket holders in the East end and never has been.

The problem is with those who would hope to stir up some trouble and whether people like it or not, the East end is slap bang in the same stand as the away end.

I have seen personally the times I was in there last season (Yeovil and Boro) our idiot chavs in there.

The Williams Stand is next to the away end yes, but it is separate, it is not the same stand, it is much easier to police and there is a natural separation given most away fans will try and be as close to behind the goal as possible.

Those going along to a game to simply trade insults and start something with an away end are attracted to this stand.

Like it or not, this is the exact reason our Chairman will not open the end to home fans. It's just an additional risk that he doesn't need to take.

Cardiff started that trouble in the EE and Lansdown's view would be pretty much, if no home fans are in the stand then that trouble would have had no focal point!

I think the issue is blurred here. I'd like an open east end as much as anyone, the reason we don't is because we have an element who attach themselves to our club who we need to get rid of, these people are the issue - not those who want to go in the East end and sing.

The "trouble" at the cardiff game was down to the cardiff fans. Who ripped up the netting, cardiff fans, who were already leaving the stand when this happened, city fans.

Click Me there you go, have a closer look at the arrests etc.

Bit odd, lots of details on City matches but most Rovers games only give date of match etc. :dunno:

Archived