IGNORED

Palace - Not Good Boys

bringbacktherobin

I suggest you read the A & S website more closely as the only arrest made since the west brom game where against southampton which was an arrest made outside BS3 bar, and then against Cardiff but although disappointment of the Eastend was mentioned there is no mention that the arrests were made in that stand , in fact both arrests were made outside the stadium in the car park.

During the match, concern was again raised regarding the behaviour of some supporters in the Micra Wedlock Stand, especially those against the segregation net, adjacent to the Southampton supporters. Several City supporters were ejected from this area by Club stewards, supported by the Police, and it is disappointing that a minority of supporters seem to be more intent on goading and abusing the away supporters than watching and supporting their team. The Police will strongly support the Club in any action they deem suitable to reduce the problems in this area.

personally looking at those comments, the question has to be, in line with other punishments in Dolman and Williams why weren't those ejected from the stand arrested and given long bans from Ashton Gate?

surely if you want the East End to be a safe and respected places for Home and Away fans, you should agree with this view?

Oh **** it, I can't be bothered to hold my tounge....

You mug, there's a difference between attacking a player and pensioner, to gesticulating at football. So some kids get kicked out, do they really need a lifetime ban? Do they ###### "Out you go, lesson learned - Come back next week and behave"

You try and take the moral high ground, but I can well remember your postings on the subbers site. If the person who you abused took my advice, they would have sued you. **** off you ****.

Sorry, but isn't that double standards? some people say they expect/want same restrictions in the Williams/Dolman as the EastEnd because trouble happens, when the someone suggests that people who behave violently in the EastEnd they should they be subject to the same punishment as others?

Just for the record, I've never been registered on the subbers site? sorry very much mistaken identity! :dunno:

Nogbad the Bad , thats because rovers are nice friendly people who never cause trouble. Hang on thats not right!

No, that must be right, even though their arrest figures last season were not far off City's despite having much smaller crowds. :innocent06:

Seriously, anyone know of any reason why there are only details on a few Rovers matches whereas every City game goes into great detail? Or have I missed them?

Their 3 or 4 home matches at the end of last would make interesting reading too.

So some kids get kicked out, do they really need a lifetime ban? Do they ###### "Out you go, lesson learned - Come back next week and behave"

Thought this was well over the top at the time - never heard of such harsh penalties on fans for relatively minor misdemeanours elsewhere.

We see home fans gesturing at us at every away game with no action taken by the home stewards.

Makes City's arrest figures/banning orders figures look bad and our reputation as fans is blemished unnecessarily countrywide when they are published.

Years ago they would have just been kicked out, in fact probably not even that.

Regarding the Cardiff game - anyone who was at the match could clearly see that it was Cardiff fans alone who forced their way past the stewards, to try to get at the City fans.

The fact that there were apparently no Cardiff fans arrested following this incident defies belief.

The original post , was merely to suggest that palace supporters are not totally innocent , and that they played a good part in the final whistle shnananagins. the point made was that the "hooligans" who travel to away matches are the same "hooligans" who gain entry to the Eastend. This is clearly not the case and there are members of this forum who will fight tooth and nail to keep all such potentially harmful comments to a minimum. Making the statement that its a minority is incorrect as well. Finally you suggest that it is p o t d supporters, well tell us something we don't know. This is an ongoing situation many "Eastenders" are trying to deal with.

Were you in the east end for the cardiff game?

How about you come into the east end for one game to see what it is really like in there? How about the hull game?

I'm not living in denial because i have been in the east end for every single game this season.

Nope Atyeo as per my season ticket. Could see full well what was going on from where I was, Thanks.

Been in there in the past on a few occasions and have no intention on going back. Thanks for the offer.

my views, if you don't like them that's your issue, you seem to be totally missing the point where I have said "MINORTIY"

I don't like the portrayal as your views as facts, especially when they are incorrect.

I also don't like you referring to large parts of Bristol's population as chav scum. No doubt any youngster between the ages of 14 and 21 fall into this category.

Ok some youngsters may have mildly misbehaved by giving it the "big un" safely behind the cordon of netting, police and stewards, but facts are facts most of them are 15 years old and probably don't know any better, but they are good kiddies and they are learning. Not one single punch has been thrown in that stand nor any other acts of violence.

rather than write young people off as scum why not attempt to work them? have you seen these so-called chav scum lately singing their hearts out, making their own flags, getting behind the team and bouncing around the eastend? Slowly but surely fun is coming back to ashton gate and it's starting in the eastend.

Join in rather than abuse people.

Guest red ken 2
red ken 2, whos meant to be gas?

This B Carey who wrote the letter to the evil post, knew far to much about City and the local rag to come from Croydan as it claims.

Guest red ken 2
Nope Atyeo as per my season ticket. Could see full well what was going on from where I was, Thanks.

Been in there in the past on a few occasions and have no intention on going back. Thanks for the offer.

Seems to me your taring all East Enders with the same brush, been here before me thinks. Your like a lot of other E.E. knockers, know alot about what bad boys they are, but never been one yourself. :innocent06:

For me personally it is never about those in the EE at the moment.

I attend near on every away game and know some of the young fellas who go in the EE and also go away, it is not them I was referring to and never was.

The reason the EE isn't opened to large sections of the home crowds is all about the RISK and THREAT that something will kick off there and when/if it does, then the police come down on the club, whack us with an extra bill, there is the possibility the club gets its name dragged up again related with trouble etc etc

I personally don't sit in the EE. I don't hold a ST so usually end up in Block D of the Williams but have been in the Dolman and EE in recent times, it depends on the game.

I don't speak of everything I say to be fact. What I base on is personal experience. I don't make out to be a close mate of Lansdown BUT I know this is his view because he was at the same business function as me in London recently and I had a chance to have a chat for about half hour with him 1 on 1. We talked about a range of things on City and football in general but one of the things was why the EE was closed off.

It is because it is an additional threat that the club just don't need to take. It's his view and I actually agree with him.

I don't agree with him on other things but this is one that I do.

I understand what you are saying, i to have spoken to Mr Lansdown about this at the chatting with the chairman event held by the Supporters Trust and in fairness his reaction was the same. Although he was blissfully unaware of the treatment given to supporters in that stand. However it was himself that reopened the stand to home supporters against the opinion of the police due to what he was led to believe would be a large uptake of tickets for this popular stand.

I appreciate that only 242 of us pledged our support for this stand by buying ST'S, but there was some "confusion" on how the 1000 seats we were promised would be allocated. (won't bore you with the saga).

Now the popularity of the EE has grown and if our team gain promotion to the promise land do you think that the "restrictions" in place will still be implemented? and thousands of seats left empty?..neither did I.

The fact that while we are still under achieving in terms of demand for tickets the club can still exercise their control over the "potentially volatile area". Don't be fooled by these restriction being motivated by "hooligans" In reality MONEY TALKS empty seats don't pay wages if the interest was there and we were in a situation where "overflow" was a standard event any " Tom, d###, or Harry" could gain entry, and whats more the club would "love it".

The reason the EE isn't opened to large sections of the home crowds is all about the RISK and THREAT that something will kick off there and when/if it does, then the police come down on the club, whack us with an extra bill, there is the possibility the club gets its name dragged up again related with trouble etc etc

If physical alterations can be made to the existing eastend, like those that were made between the eastend and the williams stand, then I'm all for them, especially if they will reduce police costs and get more city fans in the eastend.

My suggestion would be to build two big thick perspex walls down the middle. A bit of netting each side. Maybe even distemper the perspex as well.

If physical alterations can be made to the existing eastend, like those that were made between the eastend and the williams stand, then I'm all for them, especially if they will reduce police costs and get more city fans in the eastend.

My suggestion would be to build two big thick perspex walls down the middle. A bit of netting each side. Maybe even distemper the perspex as well.

I see what you're saying here however they will be unlikely to do that.

Football boards can be a short sighted bunch at times and I bet you the way they'd look at it would be you're suggesting spending money to alter a stand that was -

1. Ear marked for gutting at the end of the season.

2. We're moving to a new stadium anyway its a waste of cash.

What they'll do is continue to have the EE as an overflow and will be opened for games of high demand.

The fact they do this with no restrictions (i/e Boro) shoots down their argument it is closed off to restrict hoologans I agree.

Seems to me your taring all East Enders with the same brush, been here before me thinks. Your like a lot of other E.E. knockers, know alot about what bad boys they are, but never been one yourself. :innocent06:

how about you re-read my postings!!!

I've said on MANY occasions in this thread I'm talking about a MINORITY! of people in the East End

jesus christ, I forget how unbelieveable stupid some people can be on this forum! :ranting:

If you could fully see what was going on then you could see that it was cardiff fans that was causing the problems.

Could you please tell me what city fans did wrong on the game?

small minority from both sides after the final whistle attempting breach the segregation netting area.

ashtonsmate, sorry i don't see how you can say city fans were trying to get at cardiff fans.

If the cardiff fans really wanted to get to city fans they could off, but once they found out how easy it was to rip the netting up they stopped.

I had some flags tied up at the back of the stand and was told i had to stand in between the city fans and the cardiff fans and wait for a policeman to say i could get it.

Do you really think i would have been stood in between two sets of fans if there was going to be trouble?

Guest red ken 2
how about you re-read my postings!!!

I've said on MANY occasions in this thread I'm talking about a MINORITY! of people in the East End

jesus christ, I forget how unbelieveable stupid some people can be on this forum! :ranting:

Yes i have read your posting many times, to the point were it's got boring reading the same crud. And as for people being stupid on here, perhaps a look in the mirror will tell it's own story.

I see what you're saying here however they will be unlikely to do that.

Football boards can be a short sighted bunch at times and I bet you the way they'd look at it would be you're suggesting spending money to alter a stand that was -

1. Ear marked for gutting at the end of the season.

2. We're moving to a new stadium anyway its a waste of cash.

What they'll do is continue to have the EE as an overflow and will be opened for games of high demand.

The fact they do this with no restrictions (i/e Boro) shoots down their argument it is closed off to restrict hoologans I agree.

i disagree that it's a waste of cash, they could be reused at the new ground or sold on

let's keep the focus on what's good for the club, more pro-city noise from the eastend is a winner for everybody (except the opposition)

a plastic fence system is also got be cheaper in the long run than some sort of human shield

I cant believe how stupid some people are, why they keep needing to knock the east end all the time.

I'm not knocking that you sit down and watch the game in silence do i.

And you say MINORITY!!, so your saying that there are no people in the atyeo, william or dolman stands that wouldnt like a bit of a fight with fans now and again?

I've made my views and I've been unfairly hammered for them and told I'm talking crud/am stupid and so forth, that's fine, it's just my view, if you disagree with my views fine. I've put my point across which has just been replied with insults and i've nothing left to add to the matter.

unfortunately as others have said in other East End threads, sometimes the attitude of those trying to defend the east end, only seems to possible further highlight the possible mentality of some in that stand.

either way, in 2/3 years time it will be a redudant discussion.

Archived