IGNORED

A Dolman Thank You And Sniffer Dogs?

cider head

sniffer dogs?? :noexpression: it's ashton gate not kingston jamaica :noexpression: :noexpression:

Taken from main site..

The club would like to place on record their thanks for the support received to the

chairman's recent request for people leaving early in the Dolman Stand to exit the stadium as soon as possible.

We know their have been some issues with not enforcing the new procedures and we

will continue to address this problem.

However, the club will not accept the attitude of a minority of supporters who find

it necessary to express their feelings by spitting at stewards.

Any supporter found treating stewards in this manner will receive appropriate action from the club.

Please help us to achieve our aims.

Meanwhile, Police are taking a stand against those who bring illegal drugs into football matches.

A passive police drugs dog will be at the turnstiles for tomorrow's match with

Sheffield Wednesday and inside the stadium to sniff out those people trying to bring illegal drugs in.

:noexpression: :noexpression:

Police will also be targeting those causing any kind of anti-social behaviour at the match,

both inside and outside the stadium.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1236287,00.html

Just when you think City fans have had enough of the rough handed treatment recently from the police - we are now subjected to THIS stupid and pointless action, do they really think this is going to give them results?

It makes me SICK to learn the club has agreed to this action in the light of the disgraceful behaviour of the police last week at QPR.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Just when you think City fans have had enough of the rough handed treatment recently from the police - we are now subjected to THIS stupid and pointless action, do they really think this is going to give them results?

It makes me SICK to learn the club has agreed to this action in the light of the disgraceful behaviour of the police last week at QPR.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

This week, an intrepid ziderhead has already brought attention to this subject of Gestapo/Stasi Police State type behaviour on my Red Goblin corner. Things will get a lot worse at football and in life in general in this country if people continue to act like sheep and don't oppose it..........

http://www.ziderheads.co.uk/ch/index.php?showtopic=1094

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

[/qu

Beggars belief!

While I am not a fan of police dogs barking at me when I attend football matches, there is no doubt that people do smoke splifs at Ashton Gate. When smoking was "legal", you could smell it wafting across the Atyeo every home game. Now you get that same smell out the back of the Atyeo at half-time. Now bearing in mind this is illegal, what should the club do? I imagine they would be criticised if they continue to ignore it. I'm not sure why the potheads can't wait until they get home, after all a game of football only takes up about three hours of the day.

While I am not a fan of police dogs barking at me when I attend football matches, there is no doubt that people do smoke splifs at Ashton Gate. When smoking was "legal", you could smell it wafting across the Atyeo every home game. Now you get that same smell out the back of the Atyeo at half-time. Now bearing in mind this is illegal, what should the club do? I imagine they would be criticised if they continue to ignore it. I'm not sure why the potheads can't wait until they get home, after all a game of football only takes up about three hours of the day.

Atyeo stand?? :noexpression: no wonder they are quiet they are all stoned :winner_third_h4h:

ok fair comments but if you can smell it then surley a steward can?? why do they need police mobbed up

with dogs? it looks far too confrontational which the club want to avoid.

wats the betting that the dogs are by the eastend turnstyles tomorrow :whistle2:

well i didn't want to say it but was thinking it yes....

who was spitting though? fans in the dolman? people stoned in the atyeo?? blimey ashton gate seems a battle ground

outside the EE from all the sing songs and fun in the EE what am i missing??

great, i suppose there will be dogs muck around the ground then as well no doubt the EE will be the ' anti social' behavior target zone the article goes on about.

uncle ern will be out with his shovel tomorrow! tiz good for the roses all that muck you know!

I imagine that they are trying to get people to leave their drugs at home in case the police dog smells it, rather than a poor steward having to use his much less sensitive nose to try and pin-point the culprit and then make an issue...

I guess so.. but i thought city had a top notch cctv system that could pin point a boil

on yer arse through five layers of clothing???

http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/page67.html

well i didn't want to say it but was thinking it yes....

who was spitting though? fans in the dolman? people stoned in the atyeo?? blimey ashton gate seems a battle ground

outside the EE from all the sing songs and fun in the EE what am i missing??

drugs, spitting at stewards. they are just minor incidents to the club, bet there wont even be dogs in the end, just extra police (in riot gear, because of the away following) in the eastend as they have to deal with all the big crimes like standing, singing and enjoying the game. :whistle2:

drugs, spitting at stewards. they are just minor incidents to the club, bet there wont even be dogs in the end, just extra police (in riot gear, because of the away following) in the eastend as they have to deal with all the big crimes like standing, singing and enjoying the game. :whistle2:

Ah! i see,,,

they think were on something becuse we are enjoying our saturday rather than sat there moaning our butts off,

it makes sense now......

What the hell has happened to 'a day out at the footall'? I always thought a couple of beers, shout your head off and go home, was what following your team was about!

Dogs and drugs, FFS!

I despair!

Cue the 'father and son' crap I had last time I posted!!!!

By the way, what happened to the ' same bloke who wanted City fans to die'! Quote MOONING LIBERATION ARMY? Will you apologise for spouting crap about a fellow fan? It takes a man to admit they are wrong!

I think not!

Loser!

Whats interesting is I wonder if the police pushed for this or City??? Maybe the police haven't had there fill with pissing City fans off after QPR and want to further push it.... in which case I hope they fare a little less well against 14,000 City fans than they managed against 3,000!!!

I'M A FOOTBALL FAN, I'M A CRIMINAL.

I am another fan who sits in the Atyeo and agree with Brother Ernie that there used to be a distinct smell on the funny fags over the last couple of seasons. Yes we can smell it and so can the stewards, however the person smoking it doesn't wear a t shirt advertising the fact. The people I do blame are the people who sit around these CRIMINALS and say nothing!

I personally do not mind the dogs being present today, I have been in a number of international airports where they are also used. All the dogs do is walk along side a queue of people with a handler and sit down when they smell a substance. Nothing intimidating about it unless you have something to hide.

A quick sport/dog story.

Sunday morning and I had lost the previous day with Moseley Rugby Club. I was walking up Salisbury road to get the paper when the neighbourhood terror dog came at me. Wrong day, wrong man, not a happy loser. I looked at the dog and turned towards the dog, the message was clear. I charged, it ran, I chased, I caught, brought it to the ground and bit the mongerals ear. It ran wimpering home to daddy.

I then heard a slow clapping from an upstairs patio, I had been spotted by a neighbour.

Next weeks match was interesting, the first scrum I packed down in brought a chorus of woofs and more woofs. Terms of "mad dog and dog licker " percolated the game. We won so I had the last laugh.

I fear no dogs, and will bite the first furry freak that looks at me sideways. BCFC dog biter for hire !

I am another fan who sits in the Atyeo and agree with Brother Ernie that there used to be a distinct smell on the funny fags over the last couple of seasons. Yes we can smell it and so can the stewards, however the person smoking it doesn't wear a t shirt advertising the fact. The people I do blame are the people who sit around these CRIMINALS and say nothing!

I personally do not mind the dogs being present today, I have been in a number of international airports where they are also used. All the dogs do is walk along side a queue of people with a handler and sit down when they smell a substance. Nothing intimidating about it unless you have something to hide.

I'm more worried about the dog taking a pee up my leg :noexpression:

sniffer dogs?? :noexpression: it's ashton gate not kingston jamaica :noexpression: :noexpression:

Police will also be targeting those causing any kind of anti-social behaviour at the match,

both inside and outside the stadium.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1236287,00.html

antisocial behaviour ...........such as hurling abusive chants-obscene gestures-goading away fans :dunno:

and no inflatable sheep for the Cardiff trip i guess then :baa: or england flags :englandsmile4wf:

As I've just posted on our forum:

"......Meanwhile police will take a stand against those bringing illegal drugs into the stadium...."

As I've argued before, I'm not condoning the use of drugs in a football stadium (or anywhere else) but do the ends really justify the means? Are younger fans being targetted by pushers in and around the grounds? Are deals being done in the toilets at half time? Are syringes frequently found in the stands?

Is there really such prolific drug use in our grounds or is this yet another step towards demonising football supporters?

Do the good people of Bristol see these police and their dogs on a Friday night in and around the pubs and clubs?

I assume the streets of Bristol are so crime free that the police can afford to deploy these officers and their dogs on a Saturday afternoon?

If there are people smoking a spliff in your ground, then given that we're frequently told how highly training the various teams of stewards/security personnel are and that CCTV is ever more powerful, if the clubs can't deal with a bit of pot smoking (it isn't as if those smoking it will be aggressive, is it?), then it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

On a sidenote the Police have been clamping down round the colleges in Bristol this week. On Monday they did a search at Filton College and found drugs on the campus. They are doing regular checks in the future. Apparently they had one of their worst turnouts ever at the college the day they searched the building with the drugs squad! Perhaps this is a "drugs week" for the police?

Archived