IGNORED

A Dolman Thank You And Sniffer Dogs?

cider head

I'm not a suprised at about the filton thing, at the colelge in the centre there is always a dodgy looking car whihc only ever seems to be packed outside now and again.

Now i think hes dealing drugs but i could be wrong.

Now us football fans are much much more of a threat arnt we.

No not at all but it seems like its a clampdown in the city. Loads of students saw the police cars and made a quick exit too!! I think most of the drugs found were cannibis anyway, but they obviously find this need enough to do it.

Officer my car got broken into can you help

No sorry young sir, we were busy catching people with a bit of weed on them inside the ground, now if you ring this number we will give you a crime ref number.

Exactly!

It seems the police aren't interested in preventing car crime around AG on matchdays.Instead they put their resources into trying to catch a few fans who just might have some weed in their pockets.

What is the world of the football fan coming to?

Whats next - Strip searches and metal detectors?

As I've just posted on our forum:

"......Meanwhile police will take a stand against those bringing illegal drugs into the stadium...."

As I've argued before, I'm not condoning the use of drugs in a football stadium (or anywhere else) but do the ends really justify the means? Are younger fans being targetted by pushers in and around the grounds? Are deals being done in the toilets at half time? Are syringes frequently found in the stands?

Is there really such prolific drug use in our grounds or is this yet another step towards demonising football supporters?

Do the good people of Bristol see these police and their dogs on a Friday night in and around the pubs and clubs?

I assume the streets of Bristol are so crime free that the police can afford to deploy these officers and their dogs on a Saturday afternoon?

If there are people smoking a spliff in your ground, then given that we're frequently told how highly training the various teams of stewards/security personnel are and that CCTV is ever more powerful, if the clubs can't deal with a bit of pot smoking (it isn't as if those smoking it will be aggressive, is it?), then it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I wonder whether the police will be searching people going into and out of the local Sainsbury.

If not, why not?

As I feared in the other thread, this game was going to have a larger police presence than usual, partly due to the last away game, perhaps partly due to the bad feeling on this forum.

Unless you have anything to hide (knife, weed) you have nothing to worry about, so I don't really see that this is a big deal.

MR

Guest MaloneFM

So if I'm up in the gantry and I get a bit carried away, these dogs can smell if I have weed? Bearing in mind I produce gallons of the stuff.

They'll be up and down that bloody ladder all afternoon.

Good luck to 'em I say.

It aint unique to Football fans. you should see the numbers of drug squad plod at bike shows, rock festivals etc etc. They are totally unable to catch dopeheads at them sort of events, even when they openly snort charlie, let alone spliff up.

It might be easier catching all the nasty pothead pixies who go to football. After all they're using dogs, who as we all know, are far more intelligent than their handlers. Its the only way they ever do catch anyone.

Tis an easy way to get your stats up for the end of year targets which our illustrious government is so addicted to. Bust a few potheads, drug arrests up, target met. job done, home to wifie for tea and sex. stuff dealing with real criminals.

sniffer dogs?? :noexpression: it's ashton gate not kingston jamaica :noexpression: :noexpression:

Taken from main site..

The club would like to place on record their thanks for the support received to the

chairman's recent request for people leaving early in the Dolman Stand to exit the stadium as soon as possible.

We know their have been some issues with not enforcing the new procedures and we

will continue to address this problem.

However, the club will not accept the attitude of a minority of supporters who find

it necessary to express their feelings by spitting at stewards.

Any supporter found treating stewards in this manner will receive appropriate action from the club.

Please help us to achieve our aims.

Meanwhile, Police are taking a stand against those who bring illegal drugs into football matches.

A passive police drugs dog will be at the turnstiles for tomorrow's match with

Sheffield Wednesday and inside the stadium to sniff out those people trying to bring illegal drugs in.

:noexpression: :noexpression:

Police will also be targeting those causing any kind of anti-social behaviour at the match,

both inside and outside the stadium.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1236287,00.html

Sniffer dog needs to be at Temple Meads or the bus station not Ashton Gate .

And who pays for this extra policing i ask myself????

99.9% of football fans are law obiding citizens, 11 cars were broken into in Portishead 2 weeks ago, have the police caught anybody yet? No, they are all to busy harrassing (and thats what it is!!!!) innocent City fans.

Terrorists, theives, drug dealers, gun and knife weilding hoodies and the Police focus their attention on..Yup you've guessed it folks...........City fans!!!!

I'm off before i say something that gets me in trouble

Is being anti-social against the law now?

Surely we'd all be knicked at some point or another?

It's getting absurd.

Further evidence that this country's becoming a Toff inbred led Police state.

I just found the following examples of ASBOs on wikipedia.......

Two teenage boys from East Manchester forbidden to wear one golf glove. :noexpression:

A 13-year-old forbidden to use the word "grass".

A 15-year-old forbidden to play football in his street.

A 17-year-old forbidden to use his front door.

.... according to the wikipedia website there is great concern that people are being jailed following the breach of an ASBO where the original offence was itself non-imprisonable. Imagine being jailed for only wearing one golf glove !!!!! :noexpression:

Archived