IGNORED

Adebola

SimplyRed

Well I haven't seen a thread about this chap yet, so if there is - I apologise!

I must admit to being somewhat apprehensive when we signed him because of his age (32), but he won me over today and he got a standing ovation from me when he was subbed.

It was refreshing to see a traditional CF go about his business of hassling the opposition defence, holding the ball up and generally playing the perfect CF's game.

He gave us the time to get out of defence and on to the front foot and played his role intelligently and with a lot of style.

And to top it off, he scored a cracking goal and showed our other lacklustre strikers how it should be done.

Top man, Dele - keep up the good work!

:clapping::clapping:

Well I haven't seen a thread about this chap yet, so if there is - I apologise!

I must admit to being somewhat apprehensive when we signed him because of his age (32), but he won me over today and he got a standing ovation from me when he was subbed.

It was refreshing to see a traditional CF go about his business of hassling the opposition defence, holding the ball up and generally playing the perfect CF's game.

He gave us the time to get out of defence and on to the front foot and played his role intelligently and with a lot of style.

And to top it off, he scored a cracking goal and showed our other lacklustre strikers how it should be done.

Top man, Dele - keep up the good work!

:clapping::clapping:

Reminded me so much of Wayne Allison!

Now the midfield players can see that he will win the knock downs I think they will start making the runs off of Adebola on a more regular basis.

i no this is what we have been missing all this season and now i would really like to see him with trundle as he could knock it down to him now

and this was also the 2st time this season i have really seen the ball actually being won in the air by one of our strikers

He had a very good game yesterday and I was impressed, if he carries on like that for the next 15 I'll be delighted and quite happily admit I was wrong to be apprehensive about signing him.

It was noticeable that Carle actually got into goalscoring positions playing off Adebola which is where the 4411 has let us down in the past.

He went off pretty early - was that a knock?

I was also impressed with Dele yesterday. Went about his task very well indeed.

The question mark that's lingered around his career though is consistency. If he can play like that every week, then it will prove astute business but it's probably better to judge what sort of impact he's had after of ten games or so. Good start to his BCFC career though...

The question mark that's lingered around his career though is consistency. If he can play like that every week, then it will prove astute business but it's probably better to judge what sort of impact he's had after of ten games or so. Good start to his BCFC career though...

Didnt Coventry fans say he has one good game in 3? Lets hope he can improve on this with City. Hes a strong player who can finish well and I believe he does bring something different to the team. Hope he scores a few Tuesday at Scunny. :fingerscrossed:

He took his goal very cooly and showed a decent turn of pace for a 32 year old!. He held the ball up well for the rest of the time he was on and had a hand, albeit indirectly in Orr's goal. Not a bad home debut and I'm sure he'll be very pleased with the way it went.

It would great if he could nick a brace at Scunny on Tuesday.He certainly has a good chance especially with two wingers in the side.

There is not to many consistent players in the championship my friend, if Dele played like that every week he would be plying his trade in the premiership, that goes for almost every player in this league.

He took his goal very cooly and showed a decent turn of pace for a 32 year old!. He held the ball up well for the rest of the time he was on and had a hand, albeit indirectly in Orr's goal. Not a bad home debut and I'm sure he'll be very pleased with the way it went.

It would great if he could nick a brace at Scunny on Tuesday.He certainly has a good chance especially with two wingers in the side.

T'was a great home debut, fits into our side well.

But would one goal from Dele not be enough from you?! :tomato:

Two goals would almost certainly mean a City win......

Indeed. 9 other outfield players though pal...

Think we'll go in with the same team on Tuesday, although it wouldn't surprise me if we rest Elliott and play Skuse as he left the pitch on saturday with he knee strapped. We don't want to take un-necessary risks.

We'd have a decent chance with just the one goal - S****horpe have only scored one goal in the last 6 games ( a 1-0 win against Charlton....at home).

I fancy Adebola to score tomorrow night in a 1-0 win..

he is doubtful for the game though.. fingers crossed he is the rabbit out of the hat from the subs bench.

Didnt Coventry fans say he has one good game in 3? Lets hope he can improve on this with City. Hes a strong player who can finish well and I believe he does bring something different to the team. Hope he scores a few Tuesday at Scunny. :fingerscrossed:

Yeah they did but I'll give him a chance and see how he goes under Johnson.

I also recall speaking to a Millwall lad who told me Marv Elliott was a bighead, wouldn't be a success and that we'd bought a dud.

Got a very respectable goal record in our league. I have no worries about his ability to score a decent amount of goals for us in the Championship.

But if we get promoted, i doubt very much wether he`d be able to do the business in the Premiership (in terms of scoring goals). Because we`ll need a goalscorer if we are to have a decent chance of staying up.

Without one (as Derby have demonstrated), we`ll struggle and almost certainly get relegated.

Got a very respectable goal record in our league. I have no worries about his ability to score a decent amount of goals for us in the Championship.

But if we get promoted, i doubt very much wether he`d be able to do the business in the Premiership (in terms of scoring goals). Because we`ll need a goalscorer if we are to have a decent chance of staying up.

Without one (as Derby have demonstrated), we`ll struggle and almost certainly get relegated.

but best look on the brightside, eh?

I'm utterly stunned, :noexpression: it just shows you how far we have come when some fans are already concern with religation from the Prem!

Dela Adebola??!?!, he's not Premiership quality, JOHNSON OUT!!!

###### brilliant! :rofl2br:

Archived