IGNORED

Brad On The Rad

HomerRed

Anyone who got to the end of Radio Bristol's post-match coverage (and priceless phone calls) might have heard Bradley Orr's interview. It may well be on World too.

Anyway the guy says to him something like 'you're looking comfortable at Championship level' and Brad says 'Thanks very much. I know I had a lot of critics before the season started who didn't think I would be up to it because I read the stuff on the forums'.

He's worked hard on his game, gets in his share of blocks and tackles and is prepared to get in the box for the sort of finish like today we have been lacking at times. Also thought the midfield formation helped him with more options for his passing.

Fair play to the lad. I like a never-say-die trier and he deserves a lot of credit.

My advice to Orr would be to steer well clear of these forums and keep putting in the solid performances. If he could just raise his level of distribution by 10% I think he would become a very good Championship player rather than a good one. Defensively he is very sound and did some excellent covering work for our centre halfs today. He gets beat by his winger on occasion (don't all full backs - we expect our wingers to go past theirs so it stands to reason that theirs will go past our full backs now and again!!) and he must be one of our most dependable players. Him and Carey at the back are the ones that do most of the talking and, in my opinion, are the two key players in the back four.

Totally committed player who sums up our "team" and his goal yesterday had a touch of quality about it.

My advice to Orr would be to steer well clear of these forums and keep putting in the solid performances. If he could just raise his level of distribution by 10% I think he would become a very good Championship player rather than a good one. Defensively he is very sound and did some excellent covering work for our centre halfs today. He gets beat by his winger on occasion (don't all full backs - we expect our wingers to go past theirs so it stands to reason that theirs will go past our full backs now and again!!) and he must be one of our most dependable players. Him and Carey at the back are the ones that do most of the talking and, in my opinion, are the two key players in the back four.

Totally committed player who sums up our "team" and his goal yesterday had a touch of quality about it.

His attitude is, and has always been second to none in terms of commitment and passion.

The question mark I have always had of him is his passing and is footballing brain as to when to push up and when to remain back.

Couple of times this season he has cost us goals.

However all credit to him yesterday. If there is anyone in our squad who will work his socks off in his own time to fix any weaknesses it is Bradley Orr.

I would keep the same back 4 as we have had to get us to 3rd McAllister, Carey, Fontaine, Orr

Why isn't he playing Fontaine??

If anyone shouldn't have started yesterday it was McCombe for me.

Anyone who got to the end of Radio Bristol's post-match coverage (and priceless phone calls) might have heard Bradley Orr's interview. It may well be on World too.

Anyway the guy says to him something like 'you're looking comfortable at Championship level' and Brad says 'Thanks very much. I know I had a lot of critics before the season started who didn't think I would be up to it because I read the stuff on the forums'.

He's worked hard on his game, gets in his share of blocks and tackles and is prepared to get in the box for the sort of finish like today we have been lacking at times. Also thought the midfield formation helped him with more options for his passing.

Fair play to the lad. I like a never-say-die trier and he deserves a lot of credit.

Was surprised to hear in his World interview that he believes in God like Basso - never saw him as Bible basher ... maybe he saw the light after that incident???

Bradley Orr's attitude and commitment has always been amongst the best. He is the very definition of a 100%er.

Since he switched to right back the improvement he's made as a footballer over the past two or three seasons has been outstanding.

He looks comfortable at this level and although there is always room for improvement technically (as others mentioned with passing and positioning) I think what he adds to the side mentally with his grit and determination should not be underestimated.

Bradley Orr sets a brilliant example to kids, I'm sure he wouldn't mind people saying he isnt the best footballer in the squad but in terms of effort, commitment and determination he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Definately my favourite player in the team, but then being a right back myself that stands to reason really but he seems a really great guy who gives 110%.

Orr has always kept his head down and tried to do his best for the club and this season he has really got what he deserves. When he first came here nobody quite knew what position he played in and I don't think he was too sure either. I'll admit I was one of the critics of his for quite a while but am glad he proved me and any others wrong. Right back really has been a good fit for him and it's good to see a relatively young player like him find his feet, put in 100% all the time. A true professional.

Not everyone has the ability to make critics eat their own words, but Bradley Orr not only did that with some well chosen words, he also emphasised the fact that players do read this forum.

The players should not be too worried really, because 67.3% of the "Knife Wielding" critics on this forum, know absolutely SFA about football really.

Leave that stuff to the man that hires and fires.

So, here we are 3rd in the Championship, yet that is still not good enough, or so it seems.

Bradley Orr's not a gifted player, nor a natural defender, but he is a decent all-rounder with effort and passion that makes up for his downfalls.

I think this season will be more of a learning curve for Orr than anything else. He clearly has the time to become a very solid player at this level, and he's getting invaluable experience every week.

I think it's often ignored that most of our squad are still finding their feet at a new level and will improve as time goes on. For that reason, I believe that this current crop of players will be a force next season.

Orr has surprised alot of people with his performances this season, including me. Frankly I couldn't see him holding down a first team place for very long but like many others I'm happy to have been proved wrong.

His qualities and weaknesses have been highlighted by others on this thread many of which I would agree with but would add that you need to be more than a 100%er with a good engine to make it at CCC level.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1237055,00.html

looks like some of his improvement has been thanks to Jesus!

looks like he's someone who's learned from his past mistakes and is now taking every chance that comes to him in improving himself as a person and a player and in the meantime the club is the benefit! long may it continue

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1237055,00.html

looks like some of his improvement has been thanks to Jesus!

looks like he's someone who's learned from his past mistakes and is now taking every chance that comes to him in improving himself as a person and a player and in the meantime the club is the benefit! long may it continue

I work with someone called Jesus, a Spanish fella.

Everytime young auditors come into the company I point that "if you're struggling with some of the accounts payable stuff then Jesus can help you..."

I'm easily amused see.

On a serious note - I was a bit surprised at this admission from Bradley. But, as with Basso, while I am not overly religious myself, I have nothing but the upmost respect for those who are and believe in it strongly.

I certainly think it's helped Basso achieve in life.

I think his individual improvement this season has been even greater than that of the team and we're 23 places up the league ladder from this time last year.

Superbly fit, highly committed, Bradley is an honest 100% effort player who has acheived his success by his own sheer hard work and thoroughly deserves every bit of it.

Top man. top interview and top player, another of the reasons we are sitting one point off the top.

Just remember back to Carlisle away last year, when we probably had our biggest test of that season and it was a time for the men to stand out from the boys so to speak, he was superb then and has improved since.

He has the pace and heart to make it at a higher level, still young and still can improve.

Long way to go I know, but if we do make it to the prem, this year or next, it will be no surprise whatsoever to see him starting at right back first game of the season as normal.

Archived