IGNORED

Mccallister

jhowie11

I just want to say how impressed I have been of JM this season. I think he has been outstanding fot the most part (oddly looking almost more comfortable than last year).

I don't think he's got the credit he's this year, he almost seems to go unnoticed. He's a good tackler, he wins alot of headers for a not-particularly-tall guy, has a pin-eye left peg (dare I say Tinnion-esque :dunno: ) and works well down the flanks with McIndoe (and Sproule when they swap).

Keep It Going Jamie! :chant6ez:

I just want to say how impressed I have been of JM this season. I think he has been outstanding fot the most part (oddly looking almost more comfortable than last year).

I don't think he's got the credit he's this year, he almost seems to go unnoticed. He's a good tackler, he wins alot of headers for a not-particularly-tall guy, has a pin-eye left peg (dare I say Tinnion-esque :dunno: ) and works well down the flanks with McIndoe (and Sproule when they swap).

Can't agree either.

I would describe McAllister as very inconsistant especially away from home. At Ipswich,Palace and Qpr he was dire and he doesn't handle tricky and pacy wingers very well at all.Players that take him on directly often leave him floundering - Walters for example. As a full back its a basic requisition to able to cope with wingers and McAllister doesn't do it well.

His ability to read the game and make covering interceptions,plus very little serious competition at left back is probably why he holds his place in the team.

Can't agree either.

I would describe McAllister as very inconsistant especially away from home. At Ipswich,Palace and Qpr he was dire and he doesn't handle tricky and pacy wingers very well at all.Players that take him on directly often leave him floundering - Walters for example. As a full back its a basic requisition to able to cope with wingers and McAllister doesn't do it well.

His ability to read the game and make covering interceptions,plus very little serious competition at left back is probably why he holds his place in the team.

He does struggle with pace BUT he has sorted out his disciplinary record. Hes not been booked since his sending off at Hull so that is testimant to him for sorting that out.

disagree as well......he's had some good games this season, but has also had a few utter stinkers, early season I thought he looked totally out of his depth, he's got better as the season has gone on, but still had some VERY poor performances, he was probably one of the worst players at QPR, he's no Barnard/Bell/Scott albeit it decent enough player

In general terms, i think he is a good player. Excellent distribution when compared to our other full back, good positional sense and appears to show leadership when Carey is absent.

However, when he has an off day, he has a complete shocker! The worst performace i have ever seen from a City player was McAllister away at Ipswich, truely appalling.

But, i'd pick him every week as his positives outweigh the negatives.

I think McAllister had his worst game for us yesterday so a strange time for this posting

I was going to post this also. I have been surprised how poorly JM has adapted to the championship and I'm struggling to understand why LF(who's not the best at left back) isn't in the team instead, in fact I cant understand why LF's not in in front of McCombe.

Sorry to say, I think he is the weak link in our back four. Defensively very shaky and is the number one culprit of the aimless ball forward. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away yesterday. I'd rather see Fontaine there, and he isn't even a proper left-back.

Yes I'm a JM fan too. At the Wolves game I was two rows up from the pitch about level with the 18 Yard box so my view of Jamie in the second half was perfect. Only one word for his display that day: Awesome. Tackling, covering, distribution, running into space, flying up the left flank. All of it faultless. And in the 8 games I've watched him play since then he's done more than enough to earn the plaudits. He got back in the side & has stayed there since the Barnsley game. Good on you Jamie and if you're good enough for GJ, you're definitely good enough for me.

15 matches to go, 45 points up for grabs. Come on you REDS. I can almost smell the fear at Anfield, Old Trafford & The Emirates - oh, and the Bridge. First match in August? Arsenal 0 City 1. Elliott 63. Why not??

I think McAllister had his worst game for us yesterday so a strange time for this posting

Exactly what I thought. He had a nightmare.

I think JM tends to make the basics look more complicated than they need to be. He'll always put in an extra step-over in possession, or try and smash the ball out of play when all he needs to do is put in a block tackle.

The development of the two fullbacks is interesting. Incidently, goal aside, I thought Bradley Orr was excellent yesterday and looks every part the Championship player at the moment. Why? Because he does the basics well and more often than not that's what this league's about.

Archived