IGNORED

Next Season

Bourne End Red

All depends on what GJ does for me. My worry is that if we don't go up, any Prem club on the lookout will be much more attractive, and then we will have problems. If GJ stays, based on what hes done so far, i see no reason why we couldn't go again.

As much as I would prefer not to look beyond this season at the moment, its a fair question of our future.

Personally I think the base of our success this season has been that we play attractive football with players who have ability.

Your Elliotts, McIndoes, Careys aren't all of a sudden going to be poor players next season.

Whereas Colchester succeeded based on fight and passion, I believe our success is formed out of ability with an exceptionally astute manager.

Should we keep all the players and the manager, I see no reason why we can't push on next season again.

To be fair for a club our size this league should be our natural level.

It isn't Colchesters or S****horpes, look at their grounds and following. They belong down in the lower levels with clubs like Rovers.

One thing is for sure if City stay in the CCC is that other teams will have some experience of what to expect from City and that alone will make things harder.

Its also vital that if City are to challenge again that Johnson needs to hold onto most of his current squad of players but also strengthen in each department.That would mean some fringe players leaving AG to create some space and funds. Showumni has probably played his last game for City as obviously Johnson doesn't think he needs him after the Leeds situation. Russell will probably sign for Cheltenham - they love him up there and maybe JMW will also disapear to pastures new.Who else goes is open to debate.

City have been light up front all season and even though Adebola has now joined City he is only one player who if he's out injured or suspended leaves the cupboard bare.

Midfield is probably the strongest area of the City squad but more quality would be a great advantage.

Defensively City are short of cover in the full-back positions and as we've seen at center back the quality is not there (yet).Vasko may adapt to the English game in time but as yet we don't know if he'll be at AG next season.

Archived