IGNORED

Sproule Disappointing?

mossey

hi

does anyone else feel the same, bit disappointed in him, and expecting more, esp his final ball into the box, considering his pace would have thought he'd be a lot more dangerous and cause more problems than he does.

I like Sproule, but IMO I have been a little disappointed with him at times, he sometimes shows us what he can do and then disappears for large parts of a game too often. He needs to be more consistent.

Looking back at BB's 30 game review, he scores 10th in the player rating stakes on 6.4, not really form of one of our best players or really what he should be capable of delivering.

A very dangerous player who if he could cross a ball with more composure would be worth millions.He seems to get a rush of blood when he gets into a decent crossing position.

Like many wingers he relies on getting the ball out to him and when he's quite its often because the ball is not coming his way.

As an aside I think he helps out Bradley in defence more than people realise too. I didn't see the QPR game but from what I gather Orr was left very exposed and QPR took full advantage of this. We looked a better, more composed, side when he came on?

He is an exciting player to watch, granted we don't always get an end product but I like him and what he brings to the team, balances and interchanges with McIndoe perfectly.

No. Absolutely not.

He is contributing majorly to a team which is giving us our greatest season for a generation.

If he's good enough for GJ he's good enough for me.

Ok it would be great to see more goals like the sizzler v Southampton but whether he's scoring, assisting or just causing anxiety in opposing defences, he'll do for me.

Michael Mc complained that he didn't get the ball enough when he was a Wolves player. Those orange boots were certainly visible on Saturday. Perhaps Ivan should get a pair too!

Come on you Reds!!!

hi

does anyone else feel the same, bit disappointed in him, and expecting more, esp his final ball into the box, considering his pace would have thought he'd be a lot more dangerous and cause more problems than he does.

Providing he only became a proffesional late on he has been very good for us and I'm sure he will improve his consistency and his crossing as he goes aslong, Top Player....

Oh yeah people please donate to the site in my sig for Nik (redsince82).... :sign09:

hi

Not disappointed but he certainly is frustrating to watch, gets in to such great postions but seems to lack the composure to get his head up and lay it on for a team mate and will normally end up smashing the ball against a defender legs.

How did Carle not score on Saturday? What a miss that was!

Simply, his decision making is poor.

But then if it was any good I've no doubt he'd be a Premiership player by now.

Scares the sh1t out of defenders, and ensures that any left/right back he's up against has to sit pretty deep for most of the game.

He's certainly playing his part this season.

I have twice questioned how good he is at games and both times have been made to eat my words most memorably his fantastic goal against Southampton.

At times he gets too close to Bradley Orr and his ball into the box has been a bit dissappointing at times but his pace keeps the opposition defence on the back foot and he is a constant threat when chasing down seemingly lost causes. With a target man in the box i think he will create more goals and could be a major factor in our promotion bid.

If he was more consistant and his final ball was better he would cost millions and would be playing for a top Premership club. If we go up he, along with McIndoe, will be a major outlet and supply for our strikers with the goals we will need.

I like Sproule, but IMO I have been a little disappointed with him at times, he sometimes shows us what he can do and then disappears for large parts of a game too often. He needs to be more consistent.

Looking back at BB's 30 game review, he scores 10th in the player rating stakes on 6.4, not really form of one of our best players or really what he should be capable of delivering.

Sorry but BB's ratings are his own opinions, does he have any footballing experience other than he has been watching city for a few years.

I could do a report on the match every week and my ratings would be totally different to BB's because that would be my opinion.

The same as the ratings in the evening post, these are the fans own opinion.

You can take all these ratings with a pinch of salt.

Personally i think Sproule has had a good season so far.

not at all. i think he has been one of our best players this campaign

do you still feel the same way? think even G.J starting to run out of patience with him, me thinks he getting worst not better, time to give him a rest and try something/someone different.

I think GJ will bring back Orr and Move Brian Wilson further up and go 4-4-2. Sproule can come on after 60 mins to cause havoc

It was a quality performance but the only negative last night was Sproule, I thought he was diabolical last night, he needs to sit down and watch a video of the game with Mcindoe on 'playercam' and be told, thats how you affect a game and get involved. Murray must be looking at his performances and questioning why he isnt in the squad....

It was a quality performance but the only negative last night was Sproule, I thought he was diabolical last night, he needs to sit down and watch a video of the game with Mcindoe on 'playercam' and be told, thats how you affect a game and get involved. Murray must be looking at his performances and questioning why he isnt in the squad....

I think you have got that spot on tbh. He has been great for us this season but last couple games not up to the standard we are playing. Maybe moving wilson up or bringing in murray might effect it more. all i no is that as soon as we played 2 strikers up front the game changed completly.

I am a Sproule supporter but have to admit he contributed little to the attacking cause last night.

Obviously the second half team performance was much better but I was still a bit worried on occasions when Wilson was going forward and he was the only man wide on the right. I was thinking 'if he loses it here we're going to be vulnerable on the break' and he usually had to play a square pass inside rather than go for broke for the by-line.

Sorry but BB's ratings are his own opinions, does he have any footballing experience other than he has been watching city for a few years.

I could do a report on the match every week and my ratings would be totally different to BB's because that would be my opinion.

The same as the ratings in the evening post, these are the fans own opinion.

You can take all these ratings with a pinch of salt.

Personally i think Sproule has had a good season so far.

I wasn't saying that BB's ratings are the be all and end all, merely using them to back up my point and lots other peoples point that Sproule's performances have been pretty average now for a lot of the season, with only sparks of magic.

Therefore answering the point of the thread, Sproule disappointing? Yes, because we all believe he could do alot better and be a really special player for us.

Archived