IGNORED

Highest Score In A City Game That You Have Seen?

Claverham_Red

:unsure: As the forum is a bit quiet today and after seeing the same question on http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/ I was wondering what is the Highest Score in a City Game that you have seen?

Mine is when city beat St. Albans 9-2 in the 1996/97 season in the f.a cup second round.

But I think the highest score in a league match that I have seen is when city beat Cambridge 6-2 in the 2000/01 season when Tinnion scored that little beauty! :dunno:

Now over to you! :D

An eight goal thriller home to Orient in the early 70s. It was ray Cashley's birthday and his stars in the paper read "A good weekend for sport".

The scoring went like this;

0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 half time. 2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 5-3. I remember the Orient keeper throwing his cap on the ground in disgust when our 4th went in. The last two goals were scored by John Galley in (I think) the 90th and 92nd minutes!

Despite that goal feast, coming from behind to beat Millwall 2-1 a few years ago was a far more exciting game.

Guest Bristol_Babe

It's going back a bit but 4-0 against Notts County when we had Paul Agostino! I don't usually go to the games as I if I'm not working or studying, I'm up my mates swigging lager... :sub: Not really... My mum wouldn't let me go... :sub:

But now I do :sub:

3-1 Chelsea, FA Cup, Bolton Wanderers,Leyland Daf, and if me mind aint shot a 4-0 gainst Warsaw, last home game of the season, Big Joe was the manager then.

Biggest defeat, Brentford at home, in the playoffs!!

An eight goal thriller home to Orient in the early 70s.  It was ray Cashley's birthday and his stars in the paper read "A good weekend for sport".

The scoring went like this;

0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 half time.  2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 5-3.  I remember the Orient keeper throwing his cap on the ground in disgust when our 4th went in.  The last two goals were scored by John Galley in (I think) the 90th and 92nd minutes!

Despite that goal feast, coming from behind to beat Millwall 2-1 a few years ago was a far more exciting game.

I was thinking, is that the game with the Lee Matthews penalty you're talking about? We weren't behind in that game, were we? I thought Louis Carey scored a screamer (ok, it took a massive deflection) on about 3 minutes!

Mansfield 4-5 City is the highest scoring game for me though! What a boring game that was, the last 7 minutes or so were dire! Weren't they, Madger? :sub:

Guest bristolbred

Mansfield 4 City 5 :sub:

What a game!!

Hope the lads could find that fighting spirit once again against those Wiltshire Moonrakers!! :sub:

COME ON YOU REDS!!! :sub:

:sub: As the forum is a bit quiet today and after seeing the same question on http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/ I was wondering what is the Highest Score in a City Game that you have seen?

Mine is when city beat St. Albans 9-2 in the 1996/97 season in the f.a cup second round.

But I think the highest score in a league match that I have seen is when city beat Cambridge 6-2 in the 2000/01 season when Tinnion scored that little beauty! :sub:

Now over to you! :sub:

mines exactly the same. heviest defeat the 6-1 battering wolves gave us at home in the 1st div.

hi all :sub:

Slightly cheating as I am a Yeovil fan, but we beat Ilminster 10-1 in the FA Cup circa 1975. We were in the Southern League (now Conference) and they would have been similar to Screwfix Division One.

Great game though. We also beat Merthyr Tydfil 8-1 in the FA Trophy not long after.

Best wishes for the rest of the season

Martin

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

mine was 3-3 vs reading to , bell and peacock scored , the third escapes my memory , was 3-2 to reading in the first 15 minutes though ,

I was thinking, is that the game with the Lee Matthews penalty you're talking about? We weren't behind in that game, were we? I thought Louis Carey scored a screamer (ok, it took a massive deflection) on about 3 minutes!

Mansfield 4-5 City is the highest scoring game for me though! What a boring game that was, the last 7 minutes or so were dire! Weren't they, Madger? :sub:

Was 2-2 inside 11 mins? I Think thats the game your on about

11-0 v Chichester FA Cup in the 60's (Atyeo got 5)

Beat that if you can.

aa bcfc

Remember, remember the 5th of November 1960!

Ruddy Hell, 44 yers ago! yeah we remember that

game very well, an ole big John`s 5 goals!

Never ever heard of Chichester again after that

match! Great day`s they were! :sub::sub::sub:

Archived