IGNORED

Bradleys Goal

megansdad

Just saw it for the first time on World and can't see why it was referred to as a fluke- ball didn't fly of the outside of his boot as he attempted a cross, rather a well played left foot cross into a very dangerous area beat everyone and nestled in the corner- he may not have intended it as a shot but playing it where he did gave him two bites at the cherry. Well done Bradley! and also well done LJ who won the ball in midfield and in the same movement played the ball to Brad.

Disagree a fluke is when it is intended as a cross shanks off the foot and flies in or gets caught by the wind. Defined on wiki as "an accident or a rare occurrence" . Don't think it was an accident that he played the ball in where he did or that its a rare occurrence that a ball played into such an area goes into the net.

not a fluke for me

Disagree a fluke is when it is intended as a cross shanks off the foot and flies in or gets caught by the wind. Defined on wiki as "an accident or a rare occurrence" . Don't think it was an accident that he played the ball in where he did or that its a rare occurrence that a ball played into such an area goes into the net.

not a fluke for me

from the dictionary.

fluke

noun

something good that has happened that is the result of chance instead of skill or planning:

It was meant as a cross, so yes...it was a fluke

He did precisely what we try to coach our kids to do at my junior football club - when cutting inside or taking an inswinging freekick, aim for the far post, because it only needs a slight touch from someone, and if everyone misses it...

It wasn't intended as a shot, but it was the footballing equivalent of bowling in the corridor of uncertainty. Put the ball in the right areas often enough and eventually something will happen.

He did precisely what we try to coach our kids to do at my junior football club - when cutting inside or taking an inswinging freekick, aim for the far post, because it only needs a slight touch from someone, and if everyone misses it...

It wasn't intended as a shot, but it was the footballing equivalent of bowling in the corridor of uncertainty. Put the ball in the right areas often enough and eventually something will happen.

Have City put themselves in the corridor of uncertainty. Could get promoted. Could make the play-offs.. If so then I hope we find the door to the 'path to ultimate glory' before West Brom and Watford do. Or are Man Utd and Arsenal in that corridor of uncertainty and the best we can hope for is the 'path to many riches but almost certain relegation'.

from the dictionary.

fluke

noun

something good that has happened that is the result of chance instead of skill or planning:

It was meant as a cross, so yes...it was a fluke

It was 'the perfect cross'. It was almost impossible to defend. The keeper couldn't come, it left defenders facing their own goal, and it was placed perfectly so that even should the striker miss it the goalkeeper would have problems dealing with it.

That is skill.

That comparison actually came into my own mind. The cross was so good that even our attacker couldn't play it... :innocent06:

Just saw it for the first time on World and can't see why it was referred to as a fluke- ball didn't fly of the outside of his boot as he attempted a cross, rather a well played left foot cross into a very dangerous area beat everyone and nestled in the corner- he may not have intended it as a shot but playing it where he did gave him two bites at the cherry. Well done Bradley! and also well done LJ who won the ball in midfield and in the same movement played the ball to Brad.

Exactly.

It was a very good ball in that Vasko almost got on thus deceiving the Goalkeeper...Fluke is a bit unfair... More balls into the box like that please

fortune yes - fluke no there is in my view quite a difference. he put the ball in a good area, where he was trying to get it and got lucky -that doesn't make it a fluke.

Aren't you just splitting hairs? He scored from a cross, yes it was a good cross but that doesn't stop it being a fluke.

Call it what you like Fotunate,fluke,lucky,accidental, blessing, break, contingency, fortuity, fortune, good luck, lucky break, quirk, windfall............etc etc It was a fluke!

I posted the following on Iron-Bru.net the Scunny FootyMad website, they ran an article which described the goal as a fluke.

Fluke ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting take on the goal. A decent ball into a dangerous area and your keeper decides ...... your keeper decides ..... your keeper decides ...... oops too late for a decision the ball is in the net.

Good luck in your relegation fight, sincerely.

I've only had two bites unfortunately.

I couldn't care less if the goal that gets us to the Premiership comes from a totally mishit pass, is four yards offside, Adegoala brings it down with his hand, assaults the keeper as he goes round him, hits both posts, rolls out for a goal kick without crossing the line but is given by the lino as a goal. In fact it would give the media even more to moan about at "lucky old City". BBC, The Times, Sky and Talksport could then launch a national campaign to keep us out of the Premiership.

It was a cheeky goal but I didnt care as I was desperate to see a win after making trips to Ipswich, Hull, West Brom and Qpr and not seeing us win. Was great to see Bradders get the winner!! Infact I think I was in shock for a few minutes!! Bradders I love u!!! :wub: :wub:

Archived