IGNORED

Irrational Hatred Of Palace

Will Rollason

Now I'm a glass half full kinda guy and other teams, well, i don't usually care too much one way or the other really. Even the

Gas and Gas related stuff- just not bothered .

But recently I've noticed that i've developed a real antipathy for Palace.

Why you arsk ? well is it...

The way they play hoofball and leave the foot in???

The fact their from Laaaaandon and think they're all that??

Their over-stimulated self publicist of a chairman?

Their horrible shirts?

That piece in the Evil post?

yep. all of that. But is that why i'm going to have a few pints and indulge in some old fashioned abuse of the opposition ??

nope.

you guessed it.

I really really loathe Warnock, cant stand the sight of the bloke. :noexpression: :noexpression:

So the candle will be lit ( Mrs Saab will be keeping an eye on it)

and just for once I don't care how we do it or what it takes I just really need us to beat them and beat them good.

thanks for listening.

:city:

For what it's worth the team I cannot stand is Southampton. They possess the most arrogant fans in the Championship by a country mile. If there is one game where I really want us to turn it on big time during the run-in it is down at St Mary's. Other Championship teams I don't go a bundle on based upon fans attitude are:-

Preston

Leicester

Palace

Norwich

Teams like Wolves, Stoke, Cardiff and QPR where there is a bit of a rivalry and plenty of banter I can handle. The arrogance you get from supporters of the above sides just does my head in.

Guest MaloneFM

Good evening you must be my 8 o'clock.

Ok now sit down and let uncle explain why your fears and bitter angry tears are groundless.

For a start they were once called 'the glaziers'. The glaziers is a bit crap isn't it? Luckily they had an eagle slapped on the badge. Good reason to change the name there then.

Who might their heroes be? Ian Wright? No he's associated with the Arse. Terry Venables then. Nope, the Tott, Barcelona, Q P Arse even the Chelse have a claim on him. What about Vince Hillaire? You mean 146 appearances, and 25 goals Vince Hilare? Portsmouths Vince Hilare? Leeds have claimed him as well.

They are not , how shall we put it, as excitable as Millwall. Not as big as Charlton while not as small as Brentford. They once played with 'Virgin' on their shirts. They had a cup run to the final in 1990 where they scored 3 times in the final but still conspired to bugger it up against Jim Leighton in the Man utd goal who was having a stinker. Leighton was replaced by the madman (and sadle late) Les Sealey for the replay and all Palace could do was kick and cheat and shove until 22 year old left-back Lee Martin who had not actually scored all season and had been substituted in normal time in the first match buried them. And Fergusons job was saved.

Lee Martin then went on to play for a lower league team on Muller road.

They are the snot nosed kid with the wheezy chest in the corner of the playground. They shared their sweets with the bullies at Wimbledon for ages until the Dons got ideas above themselves and left. They are the newspaper dropped in the rain of football.

Don't hate these miserable charlie small potatoes. Let them have a jolly nice day out with their chairman Mr Jordan. They have even got the wrong Jordan as well. Eddie that has a team of fast motor cars and a few quid? No. Joe the giant of the Gate? No.

Its Simon the one from Duran Duran that no one remembers and may be a Blackpool supporter. He is that orange.

Feel better now?

Off you go then...

Now I'm a glass half full kinda guy and other teams, well, i don't usually care too much one way or the other really. Even the

Their horrible shirts?

yep. all of that. But is that why i'm going to have a few pints and indulge in some old fashioned abuse of the opposition ??

nope.

you guessed it.

I really really loathe Warnock, cant stand the sight of the bloke. :noexpression: :noexpression:

and just for once I don't care how we do it or what it takes I just really need us to beat them and beat them good.

thanks for listening.

I personally dislike Warnock and Pullis in equal amounts. The blokes are both arrogance beyond belief, (perhaps it's because the practice the same football tactics). Even Hollowhead takes a spot beyond these two.

I hope every one feels the same so that the games against Palace and Stoke will both be touch paper affairs which will get the Ashton fans singing and chanting beyond the norm and making it very hostile for Palace. I hope their right back gets stuffed by Macindoe and we get him sent off, he was a ####### up there.

We also owe Pullis for his remarks after the City game and god knows we can't play as bad as we did against Leicester, lets stuff 'em!!!!!

Who might their heroes be? Ian Wright? No he's associated with the Arse. Terry Venables then. Nope, the Tott, Barcelona, Q P Arse even the Chelse have a claim on him. What about Vince Hillaire? You mean 146 appearances, and 25 goals Vince Hilare? Portsmouths Vince Hilare? Leeds have claimed him as well.

Their heroes Rog? Don Rogers and Gerry Francis. Two more reasons to dislike Palace.

Simon Jordan is one of the most detestable human beings that has ever wasted our oxygen. He, and that nobjockey who wrote into the EP, mean that a win on Monday will be all the sweeter. The antipathy should hopefully make the atmosphere better.

here here

jordan, oh my god.... that smug, fake tanned, arrogant... gotta stop, will get banned otherwise

and then there's warnock

come on city, lets put one on them monday in front of the watching nation

Can you remember when we beat Palace 4-1 in the League Cup. Joe Jordan's young guns absolutely took them apart with a certain Ralph Milne scoring a superb double. They had Ian Wright and Mark Bright up front I think, and a certain goalkeeper that went on to play for the Gas. That was on our glorious charge to the semi-finals. Ah memories

Can you remember when we beat Palace 4-1 in the League Cup. Joe Jordan's young guns absolutely took them apart with a certain Ralph Milne scoring a superb double. They had Ian Wright and Mark Bright up front I think, and a certain goalkeeper that went on to play for the Gas. That was on our glorious charge to the semi-finals. Ah memories

Remember that night well. We were awesome, settle for some of that on Monday.

Warnock & Jordan - could you ask for anymore reasons to hate Palace? I had Jordan's haircut in the early 90's when it was (kind of!) fashionable. Never suffered with that orange skin complaint he's got though. What a kn0b.

Hate Sheff Utd for some reason, got a mate who's a Wendy, but don't think that's got anything to do with it though. Not keen on Leicester for obvious reasons, and starting to dislike Scunny too.

Leicester are the Championship team I really cant stand.

On top of the administration and rape allegation thing from a few years ago, their fans are a bunch of complete spanners...they somehow won 2-0 at the Gate after a dreadful City performance and according to their fans they were suddenly world beaters.... They are a shite team with shite fans and now theyve got Ian Holloway!

Really really want a win at the Walkers Stadium!!

Their horrible shirts?

nope.

you guessed it.

thanks for listening.

I discovered a hatred of Palarse after the Helhurst park debacle.........

....Then I went to QPR!

Guest DrFaustus

There is nothing irrational about dislike for Palace, especially when that odious gobsh*te Neil Warthog is in charge. He gives the fine city of Sheffield a bad name.

Two recent Palace managers - Dowie and Warnock.Two managers that I have no time for at all.They both winge and complain about referee's whenever they lose a game and Warnock in particular has no idea how play the beautiful game.I love to see teams who lump it like Palace and Watford get beat.

Also that Palace fan (sorry to harp on about it) who wrote to the EP slagging us off just about turned Palace into the team that I dislike the most. I really hope we give a good thumping on Monday night. I'd love it, I'd really love it....

I had some Palarse fan last weekend observe my newly purchased City Training Top (the sleeveless "wifebeater" variety) and then say "We did them over the other week." Now I'm not sure if he was a Met Police Officer or a fan...but I have to go to Croydon tomorrow and my London mates and I all agree it is the biggest hole in the SE. So you could say I don't really like them.

Also, Southampton.....don't get me started. When I lived down that way (hence the user name) they thought they were so big. It was as if no other team existed apart from Portsmouth. I remember losing 1-3 to them in the League Cup, beforehand they were talking as if they only had to turn up to win. Great now the boot's on the other foot!

Strangely enough all the Leeds fans who used to give me grief have gone eerily quiet too.....

My hatred of Palace is a lot more personal than most.

My Father was born and bred in Penge and is Palace through & through. So was my Grandfather, Uncles etc etc.

At the tender age of about 4 years old I was dragged from my Mothers bosom and taken to a football ground called Ashton Gate to see Palace playing City. Here I am dressed to the nines in my little Powder blue Crombie coat (with little trains on) and my Clarks "Bovver" sandles.

What happens is that Palace win 1 - nil and my Fathers harps on about it to this day.

From that day I have supported City and hate Palace.

Guest MaloneFM
Their heroes Rog? Don Rogers and Gerry Francis. Two more reasons to dislike Palace.

You mean Swindons Don Rogers and Gerry Francis of Q P Arse? See what I mean?

Nobody.

Guest red ken 2
You mean Swindons Don Rogers and Gerry Francis of Q P Arse? See what I mean?

Nobody.

Yes and both played for Palarse piggy, so come City work it up emm from every angle monday night.

Archived