IGNORED

Brooker!

pidge

Were you not a fan when we were near the bottom of League 1 and had lost 9 games in a row. Brooker was superb in that spell when we hauled ourselves out it along with Carey. Not sure of his goal scoring record but it was fairly good. Especially remember away Blackpool when he was getting stick from the Blackpool fans and caused them problems all game.

If you look at my blurb under my name, that will tell you since when I've been a fan. On the 'Brooker saving us' point, I don't remember him ' almost single handedly' saving us, hence my question. I'm not a Brooker knocker, but I do think things should be kept in perspective. Was Brooker part of the 9 game run?

If you look at my blurb under my name, that will tell you since when I've been a fan. On the 'Brooker saving us' point, I don't remember him ' almost single handedly' saving us, hence my question. I'm not a Brooker knocker, but I do think things should be kept in perspective. Was Brooker part of the 9 game run?

Games he played...

Barnet Away: Unsure (no match report on City's website but I don't think he did)

Oldham Away: No

Chesterfield Away: No

Southend Home: No

Notts County Home: Yes

Swindon Away: Yes (upfront on his own for most of the game due to sending off)

Chesterfield Home: Yes

Doncaster Away: Yes

Braford Home: Yes

So played 5 of the 9.

We all know Brooker takes a while to get fit- usually at least a month. He was inured up until the Notts County game where he had the unfortunate pleasure of playing upfront with James Quinn. After completing around a month of getting fit the team's fortunes turned around- along with Carey playing CB. Brooker was a massive part of it.

His record that season was pretty good considering he was injured for some of it. 16 goals and the clubs topscorer.

Archived