IGNORED

Scott Murray

Martyn Hocking

I understand that Scott is on a one-year playing contract that runs out at the end of this season. There has been talk on here of him being offered a role at the club beyond this - part playing/ part coaching maybe, to keep a City legend with an infectious personality within the BCFC family - and I would love to see that happen.

However, it is hard to see Scott reestablishing himself as a 1st team player with Sproule first choice and Carle now available to play on the flanks if necessary. Therefore, there has to be a strong possibility that he has already made his last start for the 1st XI.

I know there is little room for sentiment in football and cannot see GJ changing a winning formula at this stage in the season, but I would love to see Scott on the bench for one of our last couple of home games to give him the chance to come on as a sub and sign off his playing career in front of a large crowd.

A player who has made almost 350 starts for the club and scored 90 odd goals doesn't deserve to play his last game in BCFC colours with the reserves watched by two men and a dog. He deserves to stroll on to the turf at AG with City 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go, play a cameo and get subbed in the 92nd minute, walking off to a standing ovation as he salutes all four corners of the ground.

GJ - if one of your team is reading this, make it happen for a City legend!

Well_red

I understand that Scott is on a one-year playing contract that runs out at the end of this season. There has been talk on here of him being offered a role at the club beyond this - part playing/ part coaching maybe, to keep a City legend with an infectious personality within the BCFC family - and I would love to see that happen.

However, it is hard to see Scott reestablishing himself as a 1st team player with Sproule first choice and Carle now available to play on the flanks if necessary. Therefore, there has to be a strong possibility that he has already made his last start for the 1st XI.

I know there is little room for sentiment in football and cannot see GJ changing a winning formula at this stage in the season, but I would love to see Scott on the bench for one of our last couple of home games to give him the chance to come on as a sub and sign off his playing career in front of a large crowd.

A player who has made almost 350 starts for the club and scored 90 odd goals doesn't deserve to play his last game in BCFC colours with the reserves watched by two men and a dog. He deserves to stroll on to the turf at AG with City 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go, play a cameo and get subbed in the 92nd minute, walking off to a standing ovation as he salutes all four corners of the ground.

GJ - if one of your team is reading this, make it happen for a City legend!

Well_red

City Legend?

He deserves to stroll on to the turf at AG with City 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go, play a cameo and get subbed in the 92nd minute, walking off to a standing ovation as he salutes all four corners of the ground.

Slightly patronising don't you think? Bringing him on to sub him ten minutes later, albeit for a 'standing ovation'..................not sure he would be too impressed by that.

There might still be a fairytale ending for him yet without the need to force it.

I still think he is worth a place in the side on merit and should be getting time on the pitch.

I am a big fan of Ivan, but is he worth 90 minutes at the present?

Murray does not have the lightening pace anyomre (still no slouch though), but he will bring goals to the team

Funny little story about Scott Murray as told to me by a workmate:

He attended a rugby tournament during the close season a few years back with a friend who played rugby, he turns up, gets stupidly drunk and tries to rally everyone round to get drunk with him, they say "sorry Scotty, got work in the morning" along with various other excuses, Scotty sarcastically checks his watch and says "Oh, that's a shame, i got 6 weeks till i'm back!" :D

Murray's a legend in my eyes but I wouldn't be so quick to write him off yet. I still think he's got a part to play this season and will get another year next season, maybe in a player/coach role.

I've got visions of him scoring at Sheff Utd for some reason with 5,000 cidereds going mental! :winner_third_h4h:

Murray's a legend in my eyes but I wouldn't be so quick to write him off yet. I still think he's got a part to play this season and will get another year next season, maybe in a player/coach role.

I've got visions of him scoring at Sheff Utd for some reason with 5,000 cidereds going mental! :winner_third_h4h:

Its what dreams are made of. What a send of that would be.

Slightly patronising don't you think? Bringing him on to sub him ten minutes later, albeit for a 'standing ovation'.....not sure he would be too impressed by that.

There might still be a fairytale ending for him yet without the need to force it.

I'm not being patronising at all - just realistic. Footballers are retired for a very long time and if I was in Scott's position (sadly my total lack of talent at footie prevented this!) I would prefer to go out in the spotlight and have that to remember forever, rather than simply walking off the pitch V Swindon ressies, or whoever, wondering 'is that it???'

Yes, he might get another contract but GJ clearly brought Sproule to replace Scott so his chances depend on injuries or a big loss of form on Ivan's part.

Well_red

Scott is a City legend to have scored 90 goals easily qualifys him as this,I still feel he should be on the bench still goals in him,now we have Carle,Johnson,Elloitt all midfielders if we need a goal we could go a 442 with Scotty wide and not having Skuse on the bench which is a waste of time to me

Anyway, what is this legend business? I love the guy but he soon left when the higher stage came calling, and didnt cut it, just like Carey with Coventry

I'm afraid he will never be legend in the Tinnion style.

Tinnion, Carey & Murray = LEGENDS!

There isn't any room for sentimental nonsense at the minute. Scott will be in the 16/team if he deserves to be. He's close. An injury to Sproule will see him make the 16 IMO.

If we've won the league by the last game AND Preston don't need a result then sure play all the players who won't be coming back.

Murray, Noble, Brooker etc...

picture the scene.....

Sunday 4th May, 16:50.

we need a point to win the league, we is 1-0 down.

scottie has been on for 5 mins.

lee johnson knocks the ball over the top, down the right, matty hill tries to intercept and slips...

Super Scott drags it out the sky races clear and blasts it past the keeper 1-1, 10 secs later the ref blows full time!

let the party begin.............

:clapping::superman::banana::yahoo:

Testimonial?

Absolutely not.

He left to go to Reading, therefore hasn't completed 10 years unbroken service and therefore doesn't deserve a testimonial.

You gotta have rules.

who says you have to play for 10 continuous years to qualify for a testimonial. The sags held a testimonial for one of their most recent "heroes" - Jamie Shore, and he actually only played 34 games!!! but he more than deserved it if you ask me, which i appreciate no-one did, so i'lll shut up.

who says you have to play for 10 continuous years to qualify for a testimonial. The sags held a testimonial for one of their most recent "heroes" - Jamie Shore, and he actually only played 34 games!!! but he more than deserved it if you ask me, which i appreciate no-one did, so i'lll shut up.

yes but his career was ended premeturely so they passed round the hat, not the same thing

Archived