IGNORED

Scott Murray

Martyn Hocking

b***ocks. take that attitude then only the handful of the 92 clubs that actually win anything can ever have a player to call a legend. Think rochdale fans don't have one or two players that they still talk fondly about in pubs after a game? even though they've been in league 2 forever?!

I call Jacki a legend - and the fact we're still talking about the fella 15 years since he played his 45 games proves me 100% right. but your logic, you should have forgotten him already!!

Brian Tinnion = city legend

Jacki = city legend

Bob Taylor = city legend

Scott Murray = city legend

.... Shaun Goater next closest, but not quite for me.

Jog on! If you call Jacki a legend, you need to lay of the schloer my friend. He was a great player who graced us for a nanosecond. No where near a legend. By your (weak criteria)....

Ralph Milne = Legend

Jon Bailey =Legend

Junior Bent = Legend

Dean Horrix = Legend...etc etc etc etc

Sorry but I only agree on 2 players from your list. Brian Tinnion and Superbob, no explanation necessary.

Have a sneaky feeling that if we ever gained a (deserved) spell in the top league, your halcyon memories of murrays 'legend' will drop like a stone.

Murray going to Reading shouldnt proclude him from Legend status.

Had he stayed at the club and not gone to Reading, yet still continued to haul his harris round div one (save for a spell in the CCC)...Still aint a city legend!

Surely a legend has to be something murcurial.

Right...that's it....as ive been at the same firm fo 10 years, I'm going to go to work tomorrow and declare myself a legend!!!

Murray is / was a great servant for this club and i feel he deserves commending, but aint a legend!!!!!

Jog on! If you call Jacki a legend, you need to lay of the schloer my friend. He was a great player who graced us for a nanosecond. No where near a legend. By your (weak criteria)....

Ralph Milne = Legend

Jon Bailey =Legend

Junior Bent = Legend

Dean Horrix = Legend...etc etc etc etc

Sorry but I only agree on 2 players from your list. Brian Tinnion and Superbob, no explanation necessary.

Have a sneaky feeling that if we ever gained a (deserved) spell in the top league, your halcyon memories of murrays 'legend' will drop like a stone.

Murray going to Reading shouldnt proclude him from Legend status.

Had he stayed at the club and not gone to Reading, yet still continued to haul his harris round div one (save for a spell in the CCC)...Still aint a city legend!

Surely a legend has to be something murcurial.

Right...that's it....as ive been at the same firm fo 10 years, I'm going to go to work tomorrow and declare myself a legend!!!

Murray is / was a great servant for this club and i feel he deserves commending, but aint a legend!!!!!

Junior bent a legend??! for having a funny name and being short? For being quick but never scoring?! Junior was one of our wingers.... and that's about all i can say about him.

look - even now there are people on the forum with Dziekanowski in their nicknames.... and chap many people know called Nigel who goes to every game named his son "Dziek" (pronounced Jack). He may have graced for a nanosecond, but he was the reason a young maidenheadred got into football at a relatively old age of 13, and am sure i'm not the only one. Search for Jacki on youtube and do the same for junior... see what comes up!

Agree that being at the club for ages doesnt make you a legend, but Scott *does* have something murcurial - sight of him charging down the right flank from the Ateyo time and time again gets the crowd on their feet every time... and what about his goalscoring? loads of 'em - and often spectacular too. Top that off with being a general great bloke always willing to speak to fans (am ignoring nonsense above about that not being true) and you get yerself a proper BCFC legend. Like Jacki.

Junior bent a legend??! for having a funny name and being short? For being quick but never scoring?! Junior was one of our wingers.... and that's about all i can say about him.

look - even now there are people on the forum with Dziekanowski in their nicknames.... and chap many people know called Nigel who goes to every game named his son "Dziek" (pronounced Jack). He may have graced for a nanosecond, but he was the reason a young maidenheadred got into football at a relatively old age of 13, and am sure i'm not the only one. Search for Jacki on youtube and do the same for junior... see what comes up!

Agree that being at the club for ages doesnt make you a legend, but Scott *does* have something murcurial - sight of him charging down the right flank from the Ateyo time and time again gets the crowd on their feet every time... and what about his goalscoring? loads of 'em - and often spectacular too. Top that off with being a general great bloke always willing to speak to fans (am ignoring nonsense above about that not being true) and you get yerself a proper BCFC legend. Like Jacki.

I suggest you reread the 1st bit of what I was saying..i.e a player having cult status or being talked about 15 years later doesnt make him a legend. Would you call Andy Cole a City legend. Arguable did a lot more than Jacki

As our defintions of Legend clearly differ. Perhaps you should raise the bar on what constetutes a legend otherwise. The above just doesnt cut it for me I'm afraid

A lot of legend talk in this topic.

My first visit to Ashton Gate was a little over 60 years ago. To me legends are a once in a lifetime experience, like Robin Hood, King Arthur or John Atyeo.

John Atyeo better than a goal every 2 games, being 300+ goals in 600+ games and played for England. For you youngsters out there, thats a legend and in 60 years of watching City, John Atyeo is the only one I've seen.

Murray and Tinnion have been good servants at a certain level, but not even close to Atyeo's achievements. Legend is a modern term for a player who hangs around for a while as a good club man.

A lot of legend talk in this topic.

My first visit to Ashton Gate was a little over 60 years ago. To me legends are a once in a lifetime experience, like Robin Hood, King Arthur or John Atyeo.

John Atyeo better than a goal every 2 games, being 300+ goals in 600+ games and played for England. For you youngsters out there, thats a legend and in 60 years of watching City, John Atyeo is the only one I've seen.

Murray and Tinnion have been good servants at a certain level, but not even close to Atyeo's achievements. Legend is a modern term for a player who hangs around for a while as a good club man.

well my first visit was in 1992, and i'll be buggered if i'm accepting 16 years of mosty crap football without watching any legends, so'll take my tinman, superbob, jacki and murray thanks!!

course ateyo is a greatest ever - and you're very lucky to have ben amongst those who saw him

4 Clubs wanted to buy him in January but GJ wasnt having none of it.

I believe it was 3 and believe me i know, Cheltenham, Yeovil and Carlisle all on a loan basis. You are right though, GJ didn't want Scotty to go so he must figure in his plans somewhere.

Scotty just wants to play football, he loves his job and city.

Precisely.

On top of that the two times I met him off the pitch the bloke was a total d###, arrogant beyond belief.

he came in a cafe i was working in the day after the sags drew at the gate and flapper phillips were bowing to there fans. he picked up the evil post and i said your not going to read that are you? he turned it over and saw flapper on the back page and said, ´not if that effin pr i cks on there´and put it back down again...

top bloke!

Archived