IGNORED

Sproule Vows To Get Better

Evy11_BCFC

Link

Hopefully that means he'll make a few more runs behind the defence rather than stand on the touchline waiting for ball to come before he makes a run. To be honest he has not been that bad, just needs to use his pace more because he will always trouble defenders when he does.

I can't look at BBC sites at work. What does he say?

I can't look at BBC sites at work. What does he say?

Winger Sproule vows to get better

Sproule admits he needs to improve at Ashton Gate

Bristol City winger Ivan Sproule has admitted that his recent performances have not been good enough.

The Northern Ireland international told BBC Radio Bristol: "To be honest I've let my game slip a bit, I should be getting on the ball a lot more.

"I owe it to the lads to produce a performance at Colchester on Saturday.

"That's the demands of this club now, you can't rest on your laurels because there are players waiting in the wings so it's time for me to deliver."

The 27-year-old former Hibernian winger added: "You have to be your own worst critic, maybe I haven't contributed enough in the last few weeks."

City are currently third in the Championship, just one point behind leaders Stoke City.

Winger Sproule vows to get better

Sproule admits he needs to improve at Ashton Gate

Bristol City winger Ivan Sproule has admitted that his recent performances have not been good enough.

The Northern Ireland international told BBC Radio Bristol: "To be honest I've let my game slip a bit, I should be getting on the ball a lot more.

"I owe it to the lads to produce a performance at Colchester on Saturday.

"That's the demands of this club now, you can't rest on your laurels because there are players waiting in the wings so it's time for me to deliver."

The 27-year-old former Hibernian winger added: "You have to be your own worst critic, maybe I haven't contributed enough in the last few weeks."

City are currently third in the Championship, just one point behind leaders Stoke City.

I liked every bit about this article but the last part of the last sentence.

Thanks Frenchay. I'd love nothing more than to see Ivan grow and become our speed merchant, whipping in ball after ball across the face of goal.

Great article.

I think he's done really well concidering the move and change in family life, although this article probably stems from his miss against palace on monday. Looking back, it was a shocker and would have probably changed the game in our favour.

I look forward to a big performance at Layer Road...

Great article.

I think he's done really well concidering the move and change in family life, although this article probably stems from his miss against palace on monday. Looking back, it was a shocker and would have probably changed the game in our favour.

I look forward to a big performance at Layer Road...

Personally, I think it was a harder chance to convert than it looked, as the ball was coming across him. However, I'm sure Bradders would have slotted it away.

Link

Hopefully that means he'll make a few more runs behind the defence rather than stand on the touchline waiting for ball to come before he makes a run. To be honest he has not been that bad, just needs to use his pace more because he will always trouble defenders when he does.

Fair play to him. Action is good enough though. Anyone can speek.

Sproule would be far more effective if he could make better use of the great positions that he gets into by crossing and finshing with a bit more composure.He seems to get a rush of blood whenever he's in on goal or in a decent wide position with the full back trailing behind him.

Ivan Sproule is the typical talented winger who is so hot and cold!On his day i think he is a great player and you look very dangerous when sproule and mcindoe are on their game!Obv. i don't see bristol city that reguarly but is it the case normally where one week mcindoe will be good then the next game sproule will be good!Do they regularly, both play well?

I'm envious of you lot haveing such a speedy skillfull winger, I'm sure he will come good at the time when it counts the most!

Great to see Ivan being so self critical. Maybe McIndoe has stood out alot more lately because Ivan has been so quiet. McIndoe seems to be playing well while Ivan has seemed a bit flat.

Let's see it tomorrow then Ivan!!!!!

With both wide men on song we will (and have) take some stopping.

Archived