IGNORED

Team For Colchester

Gaffer

Apologies if this thread has already been started, but i couldn't find it if it has!

After a gutsy, but somewhat toothless, display against a horrible palarse side, i think it is time we revert to a front pairing at Colchester. They appear to be better away from Layer Road, so i would attack them from the off and look to get the all important early goal.

I'd line up like this.

.....Basso.......

Orr...Carey...McCombe...McAllister

Sproule...LJ...Elliott...McIndoe

.....Adebola......Byfield......

Subs,

Henderson

Fontaine

Carle

Skuse

Trundle

Slightly harsh on Carle as he was followed all over the place against palarse, but i can see the partnership of Adebola and Byfield becoming a real success.

Elliott owes us a game, one more below par performance and i'd replace him with Skuse.

Your thoughts??

agree with Tin,

Dele and Trundle for me up front

Whilst i think that partnership will become effective, Byfield for me looked far sharper when he appeared on monday. We miss that 'instinctive' type of striker, and DB is as close as we have.

I'd be happy with either, just think it's time for 2 strikers either way.

Whilst i think that partnership will become effective, Byfield for me looked far sharper when he appeared on monday. We miss that 'instinctive' type of striker, and DB is as close as we have.

I'd be happy with either, just think it's time for 2 strikers either way.

Byfield's our impact sub for me and his goals record back that up. I really want to see Trundle playing off the big man for an extended run of games to see if that makes a difference to his game. If it doesn't then it could well be the last roll of the dice as far Trunds is concerned...

Trundle did say when Adebola was brought in that this is the type of player he plays off and did this when at Swansea. He played nicely off Fallon and he could do the same with Dele.

MM

True, and i agree.

Makes me smile though, Jevons tried that trick when we signed Trundle!!

I think...

---------------------------------BASSO--------------------------

ORR-------CAREY/FONTAINE----------MCCOMBE-----------MCALLISTER

SPROULE-----------CARLE-----------------ELLIOTT----------MCINDOE

--------------------ADEBOLA---------------TRUNDLE--------------

This would mean marv would have to be very disciplined, as carle would be trying to get forward as much as possible

And i think its about time trundle had another chance in the starting XI, although I highly doubt that this will be the team mind!! cause of you know who!

Rightly or wrongly LJ will play so why don't we try new system and confuse everybody by scoring a few goals!!

----------------------Basso---------------------------

Orr----------------McCombe----------------Fontaine

----------------------Elliott---------------------------

Sproule-----Carle----------Johnson-------McIndoe

-------------Adebloa----------Trundle--------------

We can always revert back to 442 or 451 if we have to - lets gamble for an automatic promotion spot!!

I would have Fontaine over McCombe.

Jamie was dire against Palace except for a few 10 minute spells.

I don't know why people said it was his best game of the season?!

Looked a liability in defense.

Would agree with you here, he isn't ever at his best when playing the 'senior' centre back and palace was no exception.

That said, he is much better with Carey alongside him and i wouldn't drop him after the dramatic late equaliser. That alone should give him a lift.

Westy, i am aware Marv doesn't 'owe' us anything, was just a turn of phrase within football. However, we shouldn't settle for second best and this is the time of the season that our best players need to show their ability, which Marvin obviously has in spades! A brilliant first half of the season shouldn't excuse an average second...

I'd go for:

------------------Basso--------------------------

Orr--------Carey--------Vasko-------McAllister

Sproule---Johnson-------Elliott--------McIndoe

------------Trundle------Adebola---------------

Weale

McCombe

Carle

Wilson

Byfield

I think it's a fairly attacking lineup without throwng caution to the wind.

Vasko in defence because of the Clive Platt factor, tell him to kick the shit out of him. McCombe is strong but not nasty enough to put up against Platt IMO. Harsh on Fontaine perhaps but someone has to miss out.

That bench would give us cover for all positions and some game changers if we need them.

Carle hasn't done enough in the hole to justify 4411 just to include him IMO. He should be competing for a role in the middle of the park.

I'd go for:

Weale

McCombe

Carle

Wilson

Byfield

Vasko in defence because of the Clive Platt factor, tell him to kick the shit out of him. McCombe is strong but not nasty enough to put up against Platt IMO. Harsh on Fontaine perhaps but someone has to miss out.

That bench would give us cover for all positions and some game changers if we need them.

Carle hasn't done enough in the hole to justify 4411 just to include him IMO. He should be competing for a role in the middle of the park.

Agree with that. Platt is a nasty b*stard, and we need someone marking him who won't be muscled out of it. Vasko seems up for 'scraps' and he'll need to be tomorrow.

T'is a strange one with Fontaine. Superb at the back alongside Carey for a long time, but cant seem to get back in. Still, excellent backup to have, as we're reliant on not conceeding many.

I'd go for:

Weale

McCombe

Carle

Wilson

Byfield

Agree, Although TBH i would prefer Carle in the centre and drop LJ to the bench.

....your avatar a hint to GJ that you'd go for two up front ? ... :photo:

Oi No taking pics of the beauties...

I can confirm these pair in my avatar are the new signings GJ has brought them in to make the team "harder" to beat :innocent06:

Certinley a lot of movement hard to mark.... maybe a bit of "hands on approach" is needed here!

Oi No taking pics of the beauties...

I can confirm these pair in my avatar are the new signings GJ has brought them in to make the team "harder" to beat :innocent06:

Certinley a lot of movement hard to mark.... maybe a bit of "hands on approach" is needed here!

I'd also advocate myself playing in the hole. :surrender:

I think 4 4 2 approach would be nice, Elliott to the bench (limit him to 1 half for this match has looked jaded), Johnson and Carle in centre mid. Carey and Fonts in central defence.

Trundle up front with Dele. The rest of the team picks itself.

You Reds

What I would like to see...

Orr--------Carey--------Fontaine-------McAllister

Sproule---Carle----------Elliott--------McIndoe

-----------Trundle------Adebola---------------

Weale

Vasko

Johnson

Wilson (if fit)

Byfield

Unfortunately I think McCombe will keep his place in the team despite being a liability too much this season. He has been slightyl improved later but the pairing of Carey and Fontaine is the one- unless they are playing Platt?

It is going to be a very tough game but I think we might go goal crazy and win 2-1.

Vasko played in the home game and spent the game not getting close enough to Lisbie while Fontaine was struggling to deal with Platt. If he is selected we'll need to be more flexible and not play a predetermined RCB and LCB.

Vasko played in the home game and spent the game not getting close enough to Lisbie while Fontaine was struggling to deal with Platt. If he is selected we'll need to be more flexible and not play a predetermined RCB and LCB.

I agree, I couldn't for the life of me understand why we weren't man marking.

OK he was man marked out of the game in a very good tactical move by Warnock (thats the only good thing il say about him) but Carle since he has joined has been brilliant and showed the extra quality we need to unlock defences that have now fathemed our team. It used to be based on work ratwe which teams couldnt handle but now teams are aware of our 'then unknown qualities' and give us more respect as a team so we need that extra quality and Carle / McIndoe are the only players I can see that coming from at the moment.

Trundle just isnt doing it and he needs a goal for confidence before we can think of starting him. Byfield has looked direct and confident which he should be considering hes our top scorer this season and having a reasonanle season so must start ahead of him.

As we are away however I would stay cautious with a Colchester team fighting for points and keep a 4-5-1.

Basso

McAllister

Orr

Carey (if fit) / Vasko

Fontaine

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

McIndoe

Carle

Adebola

OK he was man marked out of the game in a very good tactical move by Warnock (thats the only good thing il say about him) but Carle since he has joined has been brilliant and showed the extra quality we need to unlock defences that have now fathemed our team. It used to be based on work ratwe which teams couldnt handle but now teams are aware of our 'then unknown qualities' and give us more respect as a team so we need that extra quality and Carle / McIndoe are the only players I can see that coming from at the moment.

Trundle just isnt doing it and he needs a goal for confidence before we can think of starting him. Byfield has looked direct and confident which he should be considering hes our top scorer this season and having a reasonanle season so must start ahead of him.

Trundle has stated and its proven that he plays well next to a big target man ala Big Dele, so why isn't he getting a chance along him? Give him a chance and i would IMO drop johnson to the bench as Carle will create that spark that johnson coudn't do vs palace.

As we are away however I would stay cautious with a Colchester team fighting for points and keep a 4-5-1.

Basso

McAllister

Orr

Carey (if fit) / Vasko

Fontaine

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

McIndoe

Carle

Adebola

Yeah i agree Trundle would work well with Dele....I just don't think away to Colchester is the best way to start. Lets take it cautious to start with a, try sneak a goal or two and keep it tight at the back. Then if were home and dry or were losing, bring on Trundle when either he is less under pressure to perform or we need more attacking options.

Yeah i agree Trundle would work well with Dele....I just don't think away to Colchester is the best way to start. Lets take it cautious to start with a, try sneak a goal or two and keep it tight at the back. Then if were home and dry or were losing, bring on Trundle when either he is less under pressure to perform or we need more attacking options.

How is he going to get confidence when he can't start a game?

We should go 4-4-2 bring Trundle in for LJ and drop carle back into the centre mid instead of the hole. Palace had us sussed on Monday whats to say other teams won't do the same?

Archived