IGNORED

Team For Colchester

Gaffer

Dele and Trunds for me Gaff.

Agree , a touch of class may well turn this game and Trunds is the man . May need to look at forgetting our passing game and get quick ball up front for a change .

With 6 games to follow against top 10 teams , 3 points would be most welcome any old how .

Guest RyanBCFC

I'd go for something like this -

And give Marv a much needed rest

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAlister

Johnson Carle

Sproule Mccindoe

Dele Adebola Darren Byfield

*Mccombe in for Carey if not fit

:city:

Rightly or wrongly LJ will play so why don't we try new system and confuse everybody by scoring a few goals!!

----------------------Basso---------------------------

Orr----------------McCombe----------------Fontaine

----------------------Elliott---------------------------

Sproule-----Carle----------Johnson-------McIndoe

-------------Adebloa----------Trundle--------------

We can always revert back to 442 or 451 if we have to - lets gamble for an automatic promotion spot!!

I like your idea but..

... The only way 3 at the back would work well (i.e. a clean sheet) is if Louis is there to organise it, although McCombe is stand in captain, Louis' presence definitely adds reassurance and seems to make everyone know exactly what they're doing.

I'd go for something like this -

(Sort of like the old chelsea system with Mourinho)

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAlister

Elliot

Johnson Carle

Sproule Mccindoe

Dele Adebola Darren Byfield

*Mccombe in for Carey if not fit

:city:

;) I'd go for that aswell, as a slightly unfair advantage would definitely benefit us... :doh:

i cnat believe that so many people would leave out fontaine, behind vasko and mccombe, don't get me wrong vasko and mccombe are good players but they are not in fontaines league, you will struggle to find a more composed centre back than liam fontaine in the championship

basso

orr carey fontaine mcallister

murray johnson elliot mcindoe

byfield trundle

i cnat believe that so many people would leave out fontaine, behind vasko and mccombe, don't get me wrong vasko and mccombe are good players but they are not in fontaines league, you will struggle to find a more composed centre back than liam fontaine in the championship

basso

orr carey fontaine mcallister

murray johnson elliot mcindoe

byfield trundle

I agree with the point about Fontaine.

For me this league is about having defenders who can handle being run at, this is something Fontaine and Carey have dealt with all season (hence our league position).

McCombe rose well for his header vs Palace but I remain unconvinced he has the necessary qualities for this league.

I've got loads of time before the game given I'm a south east man lately.

Is Carey looking like playing?

Colchester are at home so can hardly man mark Carle as Palace did - think GJ will stick with the same shape though personnel at the back may change if Carey is fit. If he is I think it will be

Basso

Orr Carey Mccombe McAllister

Sproule Johnson Elliott McIndoe

Carle

Adebola

Subs

Vasko

Skuse

Byfield

Trundle

Weale

If not Fontaine for Carey