IGNORED

Eduardo's Broken Leg

rayer

Went up to Solihull Borough FC on a scouting trip a few years back and David Busst was manager of them, he still doesnt walk properly, having broke my leg in my playing days and had a good recovery, it seemed strange that a football injury could do so much permanent damage. Best wishes go to the Arsenal lad.

I was shocked by the injury, but I have also seen Taylors disciplinary record, which to be honest, is superb. I don't think he would even consider making that challenge if he would have known what would happen. I think he was done by a quick pass and was already committed to the challenge at the time, and sometimes these things just happen. Reminded me of Dani Rodrigues for us as well.

As an aside, I am aware that they are his pals, but if you see your team mates coming over to you then covering their eyes and looking away, then getting out the way quick, I reckon that is a let down. When Rodrigues got injured for us, Tinman was the first there holding his hand and trying to calm him down, which is what you would want your mate to do, not covering his eyes and running away. Fabregas and those lot should be ashamed of their reaction.

Si.

I was shocked by the injury, but I have also seen Taylors disciplinary record, which to be honest, is superb. I don't think he would even consider making that challenge if he would have known what would happen. I think he was done by a quick pass and was already committed to the challenge at the time, and sometimes these things just happen. Reminded me of Dani Rodrigues for us as well.

I agree that he wouldn't have done it had he known the result but it wasn't an accident in the sense that Eduardo was too quick for him at all, he was deliberately trying to put one on him. There's no excuse for your studs going through someone's shin.

As an aside, I am aware that they are his pals, but if you see your team mates coming over to you then covering their eyes and looking away, then getting out the way quick, I reckon that is a let down. When Rodrigues got injured for us, Tinman was the first there holding his hand and trying to calm him down, which is what you would want your mate to do, not covering his eyes and running away. Fabregas and those lot should be ashamed of their reaction.

Agree with that, I think they should have been much more supportive. The state of his leg was pretty stomach churning though.

It was deliberate. Taylor didn't set out to break Eduardo's leg and with hindsight I'm sure he wishes he didn't do it, but at the time he definitely intended to foul him and that means it's deliberate.

It was one of those "let him know you're there" challenges, he was trying to stick one on him early in the game to put him off and he wasn't trying to play the ball.

The fact that he caught him in just about the worst manner possible is unlucky but it couldn't have happened if he wasn't making that sort of challenge in the first place, therefore I think he should suffer dire consequences because the end result is that Eduardo will be lucky to play again ever.

As a defender myself I fully agree, and thats what ive told most people, it was deliberate to foul him, and if you class it as a "let him know you're there tackle" then obviously there was intent to hurt.

If you look at the pictures of taylor after the incident.... he doesnt even seem to care. I think if i'd just broken someones leg id be psychically sick NOT smiling.

Compare his expressions to Fabregas.... Taylor deserves all he gets.

As for David Busst, it wasnt the break that destroyed his career, it was the infections. Had an interesting chat with him when he was manager of a team that played Chippenham last season or season before, and as said above, the guy cant even walk properly.

I think Eduardo had potential to be the next "Henry" in teh sense of a hero at Arsenal, now he'll just be remembered as possibly the worst footballing experiance many of those fans will see.

Archived