IGNORED

Right Back Vs. Hull ?

myol'man

To be honest having seen GJ selection throughout the season, i feel that it may go to a more experienced player being selected at right back. Rather than taking a chance on youth i will expect it will be Carey if hes fit ready made replacement.

Although would like to see someone like Ribeiro as their is alot of hype about the lad!

Carey- has played right back many times but unlikely as just back and possibly aint got the energy

Ribero- Good shout probably not at this stage, if we were mid table I reckon GJ might be tempted .

Skuse- has played there but is a good utility player so GJ might want to keep him on the bench.

Wilson- what he was bought for. I like him and he has been unlucky not to figure imo.

Keogh- shot at redemption?? cant see it personally, you cross GJ at your peril.

Wilson for me.

( we have five options at least , good stuff... now how about cover for Micky Macca???)

Carey is a poor right back, Wilson missed the reserves game, Skuse isn't a right back primarily.

If you're going to talk about great youngsters coming through and how they are close to the side you have to give them their chance and have confidence in them when the opportunity is staring you in the face - otherwise how long is he going to have to wait for another chance?

Ribeiro should get the nod.

Carey is a poor right back, Wilson missed the reserves game, Skuse isn't a right back primarily.

If you're going to talk about great youngsters coming through and how they are close to the side you have to give them their chance and have confidence in them when the opportunity is staring you in the face - otherwise how long is he going to have to wait for another chance?

Poor right back - wasn't that his normal position?

If we were on a level playing field I'd put Keogh in. The lad can play.

If Carey is fit I'd imagine he'd go in at cemtre back with fonts either going to right back or the bench.

I've seen Riberio four times now and he looks the part, but Keogh is still better.

I think GJ will, as someone else said, go for experience - Wilson.

I agree. If we're an ambitious club trying to achieve things, there will never be a 'good' time to bring in youngsters.

With no obvious first term replacement, I'd like to see Ribeiro come in. Especially as it's a home game, I'd say it would be decent game for him to come in for.

If Carey is fit I'd imagine he'd go in at cemtre back with fonts either going to right back or the bench.

I've seen Riberio four times now and he looks the part, but Keogh is still better.

Thought I read somewhere that Wilson was injured. I would like to see Ribeiro given a chance personally.

I'm afraid Carey has NEVER looked comfortable playing at right back.

On his return from Coventry he received a 'lot of stick' on this forum ......... but looked a class performer when moved to centre half.

Hope Gary resists the temptation to experiment again, especially as we have Fontaine available to fill either slot.

No, he played out of position there under Wilson and did so badly. The two periods in his career where he's been exceptional have both been at centre back and both times he has been in promotion winning sides, that's not a co-incidence.

Keogh won't and shouldn't get a game because he hasn't sorted out his lifestyle as the manager told him to, has shown no loyalty to the club, and didn't exactly play well on loan. That aside, I didn't actually rate him at right back because he too often lost the line and was caught flat footed a fair bit. He had the potential to be a decent centre half but that will have to be at another club now because he doesn't have a future here.

GJ will probably go for Wilson I agree but he missed the last reserve game through illness apparently and Ribeiro impressed in the same game - but you have to play the youngster at some point or lose him and there will be few better opportunities.

GJ will probably go for Wilson I agree but he missed the last reserve game through illness apparently and Ribeiro impressed in the same game - but you have to play the youngster at some point or lose him and there will be few better opportunities.

Agreed. Use his or lose him. Ribeiro should be loaned out if he's not near the squad, if he is..well then play him GJ!

No, he played out of position there under Wilson and did so badly. The two periods in his career where he's been exceptional have both been at centre back and both times he has been in promotion winning sides, that's not a co-incidence.

Keogh won't and shouldn't get a game because he hasn't sorted out his lifestyle as the manager told him to, has shown no loyalty to the club, and didn't exactly play well on loan. That aside, I didn't actually rate him at right back because he too often lost the line and was caught flat footed a fair bit. He had the potential to be a decent centre half but that will have to be at another club now because he doesn't have a future here.

What is the lifestyle issue that GJ has told Keogh to sort out?

Archived