IGNORED

Right Back Vs. Hull ?

myol'man

What is the lifestyle issue that GJ has told Keogh to sort out?

He doesn't look after himself properly off the pitch, whether that's drinking or diet or whatever I don't know (I suspect both) but him and his housemate were referred to by GJ as the "fat club" after the summer break and told to shape up. They didn't, the writing is now on the wall.

Agreed. Use his or lose him. Ribeiro should be loaned out if he's not near the squad, if he is..well then play him GJ!

I remember GJ wouldn't let him go in January as he was "Too Close to the 1st Team". Also, seeing as he has impressed in the reserves... this could, and should, be his big chance! :fingerscrossed:

No, he played out of position there under Wilson and did so badly. The two periods in his career where he's been exceptional have both been at centre back and both times he has been in promotion winning sides, that's not a co-incidence.

Wilson was our manager for several seasons, so Carey had plenty of experience playing at right-back (probably just as much as at centre-back)

Coventry obviously thought he was a half-decent right back and i suspect a lot of city fans would do too. I certainly don't think he would have kept his place in our side if he was playing "badly" !

But, at the end of the day, he is playing so well at centre-back at the moment, it would be crazy to play him anywhere else.

Someone else (almost certainly Skuse) will have to fill-in for the Hull game.

GJ will probably go for Wilson I agree but he missed the last reserve game through illness apparently and Ribeiro impressed in the same game - but you have to play the youngster at some point or lose him and there will be few better opportunities.

I agree, If he doesnt play Ribeiro now then he may as well have sent him out on loan. I wouldnt be to dissapointed to see Wilson play there either, I'm of the opinion that he has never been given a real chance in his natural position and at home he would be good going forward aswell.

I have a bad feeling though that he will play Skuse at RB, I seriously hope he doesnt and it really would be a kick in the teeth to the other 2. Skuse would be a stop gap where as the other 2 have a chance to make the position there own.

I agree, If he doesnt play Ribeiro now then he may as well have sent him out on loan. I wouldnt be to dissapointed to see Wilson play there either, I'm of the opinion that he has never been given a real chance in his natural position and at home he would be good going forward aswell.

I have a bad feeling though that he will play Skuse at RB, I seriously hope he doesnt and it really would be a kick in the teeth to the other 2. Skuse would be a stop gap where as the other 2 have a chance to make the position there own.

If Carey is fit I bet he goes for -

RB - Fontaine

CB - McCombe

CB - Carey

LB - McAllister

Skuse will be on the bench as cover.

If Carey is fit I bet he goes for -

RB - Fontaine

CB - McCombe

CB - Carey

LB - McAllister

Skuse will be on the bench as cover.

Id be surprised if he played a left footed player at RB. Granted, he does it sometimes with the midfield but its abit different at the back.

Just to throw another name into the mix, Marvin Elliot can play right back and used to do so for Millwall (including in their cup final appearance). An option would be to play Elliot at right back and put Skuse into the middle. I can't really see Gary moving one of our best players from the position he's played all season though.

Could be a blessing in disguise this as Bradders isn't the quickest and Hull are pacy upfront. I will go for it being either Wilson or Riberio for their pace alone. Skuse isn't a slouch either though.

Interesting situation for GJ.

Expect him not to play Ribeiro or Wilson but to go with Carey., Leaving the two others to fight it out for a place on the bench.

It has to be Wilson or Carey . Nows not the time to blood youngsters . Imagine the stick GJ will get if Ribeiro's acclimatising period costs us ? Ribeiro struggled against Sturridge in Man City Youth Cup game . He's got Cheltenham written all over him .

Yea because most defenders would deal with sturridge with ease!

The bigger picture is being entirely missed.

Carey, Skuse, Wilson or Ribiero is just a part of the story.

Consider the dozens of youngsters and their hopes and dreams for the future. Last season they saw Artus get the promise of being very very close to selection.....November 2006. Nothing has happened and now 2008.

This season they see Ribiero get the same November 2007 promise. Very close to selection. Nothing's happened yet.

GJ needs to give the Academy and all our BCFC local lads a boost and give one of our home grown a chance which is well and truly due. The youth of Bristol need hope and something to believe in. Otherwise scrap the Academy and stick with outside signings as that is the only current formula to get into the squad.

The bigger picture is being entirely missed.

Carey, Skuse, Wilson or Ribiero is just a part of the story.

Consider the dozens of youngsters and their hopes and dreams for the future. Last season they saw Artus get the promise of being very very close to selection.....November 2006. Nothing has happened and now 2008.

This season they see Ribiero get the same November 2007 promise. Very close to selection. Nothing's happened yet.

GJ needs to give the Academy and all our BCFC local lads a boost and give one of our home grown a chance which is well and truly due. The youth of Bristol need hope and something to believe in. Otherwise scrap the Academy and stick with outside signings as that is the only current formula to get into the squad.

Looking at the Club Calender James Wilson is 19 today he is also one where big things where expected he made the bench for the last game of the season before last away at Southend and has not had a sniff since,I went to the reserve game last night and he looked every bit as good as Vasko at Centre Back if not better .But there time will come there are some good senior players at AG and they have to be better than them in every way

What concerns me is the lack of development of these boys we seem to be more interested in winning reserve games than getting these good youngsters out on loan to get there experiance,

I would like the Club to take responsability for there development post the academy it apears to me John Clayton dose a great job in getting them ready for pro football they then fall in to a big black hole compared to the youngsters at other big clubs with good academys

Carey is a poor right back

Ribeiro should get the nod.

Carey has played at right back quite a bit in the past and is very experienced.Simply his pressence on the pitch is of benefit to City.

Ribeirio - great prospect but too inexperienced to risk at such a crucial stage of the season.

Wilson if he's fit will get the nod I reckon.

Carey has played at right back quite a bit in the past and is very experienced.Simply his pressence on the pitch is of benefit to City.

His presence on the pitch is no benefit if it's at right back as shown quite clearly by the largely sub standard performances he put in whilst playing there under Wilson.

There is absolutely no sense whatsoever in playing Carey at any position other than centre back.

His presence on the pitch is no benefit if it's at right back as shown quite clearly by the largely sub standard performances he put in whilst playing there under Wilson.

There is absolutely no sense whatsoever in playing Carey at any position other than centre back.

What happened under Wilson and what happens under GJ are two entirely different things. The experience of Carey is far too great to leave out and, considering our position, I think that he will be easily motivated to play there and certainly has the ability to do it well.

Archived