IGNORED

Car Insurance

Henry

Tesco is underwritten by The Royal Bank of Scotland, who also underwrite Virgin insurance, RBS, Natwest, Direct Line & maybe more nowadays, I would certainly try Direct Line and Tesco but remember it's the same company effectively.

You will get intro bonus with both which is the same as 1yr no claims bonus (30% discount) - one thing also to bear in mind is if you have a high group car then your excesses will be huge! however a bigger voluntary excess will bring your premium down.

Try adding your mum or some other female relative as a named driver. Sometimes it has quite drastic effects on your premium.

Sadly that doesn't work anymore. If the insurance company suss what your doing then they wil invalidate your insurance.That happened to a mate of mine son. The main driver of the car has to be the named driver on the insurance.

Its illegal now I think to do it the other way.

Sadly that doesn't work anymore. If the insurance company suss what your doing then they wil invalidate your insurance.That happened to a mate of mine son. The main driver of the car has to be the named driver on the insurance.

Its illegal now I think to do it the other way.

I'm not suggesting being a named driver on someone else's insurance, I'm suggesting adding a named driver to your own. That can sometimes drastically reduce your premium, though it does seem completely illogical.

It's not illegal in the least nor is it cause for invalidating the insurance if the named driver rarely drives the car.

A friend of mine had his premium drop by £20 a month by adding his wife, and my brother got a similar reduction from adding his bird.

I'm not suggesting being a named driver on someone else's insurance, I'm suggesting adding a named driver to your own. That can sometimes drastically reduce your premium, though it does seem completely illogical.

It's not illegal in the least nor is it cause for invalidating the insurance if the named driver rarely drives the car.

A friend of mine had his premium drop by £20 a month by adding his wife, and my brother got a similar reduction from adding his bird.

It's true, you're seen as more responsible if you're married or have a bf/gf named on the policy.

Robbored is talking bollards again.

I was with Barclays in my first year and am now with Direct Line. 10% Discount online 0% APR for your first year with them and further discount if someone else in your household is with them too.

Cheers lads and lasses.

Found tesco/direct line/asda way too dear. All quoting 2k+ for a 1997 1 litre 3 door car.

Quinn direct seem suspiciously cheap...

I'm 27 and have been with quinn direct for 2 years, they seem very reasonable and have been the cheapest by far for me.

Archived