IGNORED

Exiles, Season Tickets & Next Year's Options ...

The Chaplain

I'm in a bit of a quandry ..... supported City since 70's, been living in London since 1990, getting down to as may home games as I can, byut probably being able to get to more away games than home. This year been taking son with me, to a dozen or so away games and similar No. at home.

Next year, if we get promoted, would seem likely that would sell out home games with season ticket holders, and, most likely, most away allocations too. Only chances to see any games then would be to get a season ticket ... I can do this, I assume with effect from Monday, but at cheapest price of £480, for me and 1 under16. The £250 EE deal not avaliable to new applicants, nor is it likely to be as i'm sure it will sell out.

I understand all the reasons for ST prioritisation - wasn't there some thought to an exile membership a while ago? Have i got my reasoning right? Is it £480 or no games at all, or banking on losing in the play-ffs if we want to see live games?

What are others doing/thinking?

As I understand today's press release only those with current season tickets can renew them for next season whereas those without season tickets will have to wait until April 13th. In a similar way to you I am currently stressing about being unable to watch City next season should we make the premiership..though I have the slight advantage in that I am hoping to purchase a season ticket should enough be available. I am hoping to buy one before we know what division we're in to beat those jumping on the bandwagon to it............I hope there isn't a scenario where some of us(secretly) will be partially hoping that City may slip up just so we can actually watch them every week.

going to be a slightly stressful few months for those who haven't currently got a season ticket and are desperate to be there next season. Seems the best scenario is that we are by no means guaranteed promotion when the season tickets go on general sale on April 13th........and then it still leaves a few weeks to purchase one before a crazy number try to get tickets on the basis that City will be a Premiership team rather than a genuine fan!!

I'm leaving the country in November so I'm undecided too about if I should get a season ticket or not. If we get to the Premiership then i won't have a chance of getting a ticket, especially for away matches. We played 15 matches this season before November 1st. Not sure if its worth the price, as i will have to pay for away games and cup matches, only to use it until November... Decisions, decisions, decisions....

In the same boat as others here - I prefer to go to Evening games than the saturday matches - if anyone is interested in sharing a ST next year and come to an agreement of what matches to go to when the matches are released (Premiership or Championship) then send me a personal message.

Doubt it will be a problem if/when we go to the new ground.

Exactly what i was thinking. My first thought was to sign up for the east end, possibly in place of my foundation membership, otherwise i know i won't see many games should we go up.

Also i stood on the east end in the 80's and the thought of a season ticket for there is to good to resist.

But, should they sell out, what do i do then? I'm never going to make more than half a dozen games a season at the gate as it is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Archived