IGNORED

Nah Nah Nah Nah I Told You So Robbored!

bringbacktherobin

All of us have reasons for wanting to sit where we do. we are'nt knocking anyones eles for wanting to sit anywhere else.

Bhred on the other hand is knocking us, by making the sly comment, which I have quoted below (again)

I don't believe BH_Red is knocking you for sitting in the stand, he said he considered sitting there but then decided against it because he actually wants to watch the football.

In my eyes that is because of the poor view from the east end, which looking back you appear to have agreed with?

If you have decided to take this in the wrong way (which in my opinion you have) and looked at from the point of view that he is saying that if you sit in there you don't want to watch the football then thats your perogative. However, you also say in a previous post that you don't go to the football to just for the view (so in my interpretation that would also mean the football) as quoted here

You rate your view as being important, but we rate having a damn good time as important

Anyways, I'm glad people sit in the East End as it all adds to the atmosphere, I just wish people would stop banging on about it.

All of us have reasons for wanting to sit where we do. we are'nt knocking anyones eles for wanting to sit anywhere else.

Bhred on the other hand is knocking us, by making the sly comment, which I have quoted below (again)

which I explained by stating.......my past experience was that seeing any action in front of the atyeo is terrible from the east end, whereas from the atyeo you can see everywhere without problem.

unfortunately you look lot look at everything with your eastend "chip on your shoulder" route, rather than what my view was actually stating, which i will recap.

from the east end you can't see bugger all at the other end of the pitch.

and as stated.....it was based on......my past experience was that seeing any action in front of the atyeo is terrible from the east end, whereas from the atyeo you can see everywhere without problem.

if you see that as a sly dig, then that's your chip on your shoulder.

I don't believe BH_Red is knocking you for sitting in the stand, he said he considered sitting there but then decided against it because he actually wants to watch the football.

In my eyes that is because of the poor view from the east end, which looking back you appear to have agreed with?

If you have decided to take this in the wrong way (which in my opinion you have) and looked at from the point of view that he is saying that if you sit in there you don't want to watch the football then thats your perogative. However, you also say in a previous post that you don't go to the football to just for the view (so in my interpretation that would also mean the football) as quoted here

Not for one moment have I put down your reasons for sitting where you want - yet I have a chip on my shoulder??

Bhred's comment was sarcasm, its plain to see.

I also get the feeling that some of you are jealous of the EE?? if not why feel the need to comment?? If I see a thread about something that does not interest me, i would'nt comment. But you both seem are very interseted in the EE!!

Where you sit is a very immotive subject. I imagine many people sit where thet sat on their first trip to AG and therefore get very attatched to it.

First used to stand in the schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman with the old man sat in the stand behind but I was always desperate to get into the eastend, once that happened it didn't dissapoint, then as years went on East End closed and went to the Dolman.

So I had only ever seen games from those two perspectives (including schoolboys encl as part of the dolman) and became very defensive re those two stands.

Aaaanyway, this season for one reason or another aswell as the Dolman I have also sat in both the Ateyo and The Grandstand (Williams) and have realised that each vantage point has advantages.

Ateyo: My kids adored sitting there esp before kick off as players are almost within touching distance and it gives you a real feeling of inclusion in the club. Also singing, although not as loud as the old days in the Eastend due to accoustics, was great.

Williams: No singing etc but fascinating being able to see and hear GJ and KM screaming at the players. Also enjoying the sight of a full Dolman, and hearing the renewed East End in full voice .

So although everyone has their favourite spot, they all have there good and bad points, the main thing is TO BE THERE SOMEWHERE ! Also no matter where you sit I think everyone would agree that it is much better now the eastend is back, keep up the atmosphere in there lads.

One thing I have never understood though, and being totally hypocritical, why did anyone choose to stand in the Park End, I only stood there once, that cup game vs Forest, and got soaked. Any reasons gratefully recieved!!

Not for one moment have I put down your reasons for sitting where you want - yet I have a chip on my shoulder??

I also get the feeling that some of you are jealous of the EE?? if not why feel the need to comment?? If I see a thread about something that does not interest me, i would'nt comment. But you both seem are very interseted in the EE!!

Yes, it's sarcasm but its not directed at anyone ffs.

I comment when I want and on what I want, I am interested in BCFC and that is what matters, your last post proves that you do have a chip on your shoulder. I have tried to remain respectful but you are simply being obnoxious.

I am also fed up with threads being hijacked by east enders and also by the constant threads about the east end but as above if I want to comment I will.

Also as I said I want people in there but does everyone have to keep bleeting on about it?

yes, it's sarcasm, but it's based on the fact, that the view from the east end is shocking and that I prefer the atyeo that has a much better view of the whole pitch, not just 2/3's

what is there to be jealous of the EE?

I feel the need to comment, because it's an open forum and if people didn't reply to postings they disagreed with (such as the oringinal posting that I disagreed with) it would be a very boring place.

if I hadn't replied about the orginal view, then I'm guessing the thread would have gone something like this.

Eastender 1 - Yes.....East End is Great - In your face robbored

Eastender 2 - Yes.....it's great

Eastender 3 - I agree - it's great!

Eastender 4 - It's the Best - we're number 1!

Eastender 1 - Yes.....We are Great

Eastender 2 - Yes, the eastend is the best and it's getting better

Eastender 3 - Yes.......ummmm, YES

and so on.

perhaps you would prefer a forum where everyone agrees with each other?

yes, it's sarcasm, but it's based on the fact, that the view from the east end is shocking and that I prefer the atyeo that has a much better view of the whole pitch, not just 2/3's

what is there to be jealous of the EE?

I feel the need to comment, because it's an open forum and if people didn't reply to postings they disagreed with (such as the oringinal posting that I disagreed with) it would be a very boring place.

if I hadn't replied about the orginal view, then I'm guessing the thread would have gone something like this.

Eastender 1 - Yes.....East End is Great - In your face robbored

Eastender 2 - Yes.....it's great

Eastender 3 - I agree - it's great!

Eastender 4 - It's the Best - we're number 1!

Eastender 1 - Yes.....We are Great

Eastender 2 - Yes, the eastend is the best and it's getting better

Eastender 3 - Yes.......ummmm, YES

and so on.

perhaps you would prefer a forum where everyone agrees with each other?

thanks for your interjections, Zarathustra

Why is it that some (all?) of the East End lot seem unable to accept that some people don't want to sit in the stand and also that they can have a valid viewpoint against it. Whilst its great that people want to sit there why is it that you all have to be so antagonistic towards anyone who dares to say they don't want to sit there or that it is a poor stand?

Also it is everyones support that helps the team not just one stand.

The point is about choice, untill now we did not have a choice to sit in the EE like others do with other stands,

there is a bit of ''come and join us'' going on but again it is choice of those to do so or not and if people don't

then thats fine, people sit where they wish to so enjoy it, i'm a bit miffed at people slagging each other off

over their choice.

Another point is when this open the EE first started there was a war of words going on that was not very

nice and not many supporters wished to support each others given choices, shame but it happens,

those names know who they are and i guess what bringbacktherobin is saying we proved people wrong

and the stand was open and he is entitled to his little gloat, steve lansdown deserves a lot of credit becuse

he listened and trusted in fans where some who thought they could speak for him dismissed it so thanks

to him we get another season.

There now is a choice to join in the EE fun and if you don't then fair enough but let's get on and

focus on getting behind the team all i wish for is the other stands join in and do their own flag day

type of thing, it's all fun..........................

the question about poor uptake in season tickets before the start of this season is recapped below,

and it is the points below the club has looked at and made an effort to put right...

Opening the East End was never about selling season tickets it was about promoting BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team.

Opening the East End was going to be an act that would help heal much of the antagonism between fans and board by offering both fans and club a new start which combined with promotion "should" have left an enduring feel good factor around the ground.

Fans had promised to not simply do nothing if the East End was opened hence Ideas like Forza East End were formed, a pro East End fanzine set up, new flags designed and purchased for the East End, East End badges appeared all before the season started with the view of promoting our club. In turn it was expected the club would give the stand a fair chance of success!

Quickly it transpired that BCFC was to offer no under sixteen season tickets and under sixteen prices well above those of the Atyeo. This act ran totally against East Enders wishes of the stand being for all and acting as a place where young supporters would start a life time of support, attracted by the spectacle of noisy support and being for families wanting to take part not just spectate.

More followed the as club seemed to be giving out contrary advice to fans wanting to purchase season tickets for the East End and a yes you can no can't purchase tickets on the day for the East End approach.

The QPR game saw a superb Murray strike but supposed fellow fans criticised the behaviour of support in the East End while seemingly ignoring fans being ejected from another stand in the stadium. Such was the severity of the so called trouble in the East End where no punches were thrown between supporters over a thirty feet gap that the Evening post, Western Daily press, Sunday Independent or any QPR website failed to mentioned it.

Following a meeting between the Supporters trust and the club to discuss amongst other matters ticketing for the East End the following statement was issue on the trust website :-

The club wishes to clarify that a minimum 1,000 tickets will be available for sale in the East End for future home games (this figure includes season tickets). Depending on demand, this could increase for certain games. Tickets are already available for Scunthorpe and can be purchased in advance up until 11am on the day of the game.

In the following days fans were not allowed to buy tickets for the East End v Scunthorpe and Man City. The club staff then stated that only season ticket holders would be admitted in future despite this information clearly being the opposite to what was advertised on City's website. Finally after the news had been emblazoned over the one team in Bristol forum and yet another PR gaffe became apparent the club put out an announcement:-

Following discussions with Avon and Somerset police, the club have announced the East End will be only used by season ticket holders unless demand dictates otherwise. Incidents at the QPR game led to six arrests and a subsequent review by police and club. For the current time, tickets will only be sold in the East End for overflow purposes should sales dictate Further discussions are due to take place with ;police in the near future.

This decision clearly was in stark contrast to discussion only the previous week where the club had clearly informed the Bristol City Supporters trust that the stand was open to all. If there had been a proper process of consultation with supporters groups important points would have been noted ;-

Police and the safety officer do liaise with each other.Stewards are given a briefing by the chief steward or the training officers and information such as such as tickets sold and any problems expected by the club is shared.

This was a policed match where risk had been identified but police were not in position at kick off time.

Segregation netting was not in place in the manner it had been v Brentford and Rotherham allowing fans to simplly walk around it from both sides.

There were only minor incidents with just juvenile and rather embarrassing posturing between fans despite the inherent risk present in having no police and only a few stewards between thousands of supporters fifteen minutes before kick off time.

Six fans being arrested is six too many but if convicted they will be punished by the courts and banned like they should be. But When the above is taken into consideration it seems inconceivable that a appropriate response to a tiny group's stupidity but also a failing in basic stadium management is to punish the innocent. Surely sense should prevail and good will be extended by BCFC to its own supporters in the East End.

A scenario where the East End is only used where, "demand dictates" looks like expediency and is guaranteed to foster yet more ill will towards BCFC. BCFC cannot be happy with the present situation where City fan is segregated from City fan, fans in the East End cannot even watch games with their own families unless they also buy season tickets and where fans have purchased season tickets for a stand where they truly believed being able to bring friends along was part of the deal. This action after just ninety minutes v QPR simply looks utterly wrong and unjustifiable unless there was really no desire from Bristol City fc to open the stand in the first place.

Bristol City fc has to be better than this, restore what was originally in place for East Enders, was campaigned for by Bristol City supporters and supported by fellow fans wanting others to have a choice. We can then all get back to what is important, supporting the team.

"It was a great atmosphere and I always thank them anyway even when we get beat but I thought the lads behind the goal there worked very hard there in keeping going, on occasions when it was quiet, they got their songs going and suddenly all around the ground joined in, umm and you have to give credit where credit is due, they gave us

some good support just at the right times and you need that support when there is only one goal in it at times "

Forza East End 26/11/07

On the 10th October Bristol Citys Chairman attended a Supporter trust meeting and answered questions regarding the East End. These answers taken at face value were very enlightening but portrayed an image from the club that does not sit with the ideas and vision which had been presented to Bristol City fc by fans.

Q. It seems like the club has changed its mind on pay on the day for the East End due to the trouble at the QPR match. Is this a police decision?

Stephen Lansdown - No, it's the club's decision guided by the Police. Firstly the East End was always going to be opened for season ticket holders only except for overflow on big matches. We'd hoped to sell-out the 1,000 to season ticket holders but there's been a low take up. There were six arrests at the QPR match and the behaviour is a problem. It's not about the policing costs but more about the reputation of the club.

The East End is a catalyst for problems.

Fans who campaigned to get the East End open used the vision of a stand which promoted BCFC via the vibrancy of it's support, providing an area of the ground for vocal support to gather and attempting to keep the support we have who are disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Gate while attracting lapsed fans back. It was all part of a bigger picture where fans young and old, paying on the day or possessing season tickets would gain a firm niche in the future of Bristol City fc by simply relentlessly supporting the team. The effort put into reopening the East End was never about selling large numbers of season tickets. It was all about being able to pay on the

day and fans who bought season tickets were unaware that they were buying season tickets for a stand that was not open for all.

Fans who met the club did not ever suggest a thousand season ticket sales were possible and the club used the sale of no under sixteen season ticket prices to deliberately keep younger fans out of the East End. 95% of fans in the East End are above sixteen which is a statistical anomaly which does not compare to the Atyeo.

Stating the East End is a catalyst for problems is grossly unfair on those fans who occupy it particularly as fans from the Dolman stand have managed to gain access to the stand during a game and according to BCFC caused problems, simple and effective control measures which have been in place in the past have not been employed and problems do affect other stands. The club has failed to respond to observations made about inadequate stewarding, insufficient netting and that for a policed match v QPR police were not INSIDE the East End shortly before kick off time when problems allegedly occurred. There have been numerous stadium management issues which are the primary cause of these minor problems and yet the

club has chosen to punish innocent fans instead.

The East End is exactly the type of support the club should be encouraging, passionate and vocal as any and the type of suppport the manager constantly calls for. The fans within this stand are credit to Bristol City fc and are working to improve the of reputation of the club by means of relentlessly supporting the team.

The spectacle was great. It was a new ground for me and it's certainly one I'd like to visit again. The view wasn't great, but the atmosphere generated in the segregated single tier stand behind the goal was fantastic

Thought they out sung us in our stand for much of the game. They seemed to have a repertoire, I liked the Cider song!!

Burnley fans on Clarets mad

Fans have proposed the following :-

" A meeting with BCFC to discuss the ways forward for the East End - turned down as the club did not see the point!

" Sales of tickets on match days linked to City's data base up to 11am .

" Sales of tickets in groups e.g. four matches using a price which is comparable to what the season ticket cost [£16.30 per game] then sold at £65 - 75 for four. This would be linked to City's data base or a season ticket holder could buy a friend one so it is traceable.

" All Tickets to be sold solely via City's data base so fans can be identified.

" Family/ Guest tickets linked to data base

" Tickets to be sold for the East End when games are policed e.g. Southampton

" A Membership scheme

Virtually nothing has been done! Except Bristol City at one point even deciding to not sell half season tickets for the East End till representations were made on fans behalf then finally deciding the bring a friend ticket could be bought over the phone.

Bristol City football club has again underlined measures which see fans not even being able to bring friends and family into the East End which creates a very poor image of Bristol City fc as being an uncaring club. Bristol City football club has been asked "how do fans in the East End get their families in"? Buy a season ticket or transfer was the answer although when the club does need the extra capacity for overspill miraculously the safety issues disappear. Bristol City fc has had since August to do something positive!!

Stephen Lansdown - "I was the one who got the East End open, I have always listened to fans about the East End and I've tried it again and again. If you want to go in the East End then you can buy a season ticket for it. We're happy to have season ticket holders there because we know who you are. Supporters with season tickets for other areas of the ground can swap into the East End and anyone can swap out to another area too. The demand is not what people were telling me it was".

The East End has not even been opened even for one game in the manner fans had constantly asked for i.e. parity with the Atyeo. There is a demand for this stand and suggesting fans mislead the Chairman is inaccurate and should have been challenged by the supporters trust and minuted. The club were met in january by supporters and it was made very clear that the East End was about pay on the day, being a stand which which has traditionally attracted those on lower incomes, nobody was misled by

supporters who were present that day.

The East End has a unique opportunity to act as a catalyst in making Ashton Gate a fortress and turning match-day into an event that will not only impress people visiting the stadium for the first time, but will also leave them wanting more. We as fans know what the East End can achieve if it was supported by BCFC. No other stand at Ashton Gate has a mindset where support comes from virtually every fan, constantly backing the team vocally as if it were an away match at home. Such a mindset can create a spectacular backdrop to the match if it is channelled correctly, through working with the fans rather than leaving them out in the cold. We could still have support which is the envy of the division, with fans of other clubs witnessing the

East End experience in full effect going away thinking about how passionate, colourful, vibrant and proud Bristol City Fans are of their club.

East End questions 21/11/07

The following questions have been asked on behalf of fellow supporters regarding East End ticketing policy. Here is BCFC's response.

Transfer of season tickets to the East End :-

1: Can this be done over the telephone or does this need to be done in person at the club?

Bristol City fc - The transaction can be done over the phone, but they would then need to bring their existing book to the ticket office for surrender. The new book would be handed over at that point.

2: Can under sixteen's transfer their season tickets to the East End?

Bristol City fc - No. The original deal for people wishing to buy in the Wedlocks was an U21 season ticket and we see no reason to change that. While we do sympathise with our law abiding younger fans, many of the people causing "issues" in the Wedlocks are under 16, therefore we have decided not to sell to that age group.

3: Is it possible to transfer season tickets for one game only?

Bristol City fc - No. We have tried this in the past but only received a minimal take-up. In light of the extra administration involved we see no reason to change current policy.

4: Why are fans who are on City's data base unable to buy a ticket or tickets for the East End in advance?

Bristol City fc - They will be able to, once we have reached the position that the Wedlocks is required as an overflow area.

5: The club have limited the bring a friend scheme to one ticket only is it not possible to extend this for fans with families or fans wishing to bring more than one friend?

Bristol City fc - We are concerned that without a limitation it could be open to abuse.

6: Can the bring a friend tickets be bought over the phone?

Bristol City fc - Yes

7: Fans who have purchased half season tickets for the East End can still not purchase a ticket for the East End. Why can it not be possible for these supporters to buy a ticket for the East End?

Bristol City fc - We see no need to change previously stated club policy: The Wedlock Stand is for season ticket holders only, unless it is being used as an overflow area once the rest of the ground is sold out. So far a very small number of people have purchased a half season ticket for the Wedlock Stand. When these tickets come into effect on the 1st January, they will be able to enjoy the same privileges as other season ticket holders.

8: Will the club be offering fans in the East End the opportunity to buy tickets for the East End at half price for the Barnsley game? Any details regarding the Wedlocks have been omitted on the Clubs website.

Bristol City fc - Yes, if we get to the overflow situation.

As far as I'm concerned, you have to give credit to all the lads who have stuck by their guns in trying to make the East End a success!

When there was only a handful of them in there, they sang their hearts out.

Now, there is plenty more, and it is there that the Ashton Gate atmosphere is created from!

Other stands then join in, so fair play to them all.

Hopefully, the final few games will see even more of the lads in there, giving it their all!!!

I'm a old Eastender, and when the huge St George flag comes out, and the lads break into "Johnson says lets "bounce around the ground", i, and all my mates in the Dolman love it!

Keep up the good work fellows..... :chant6ez:

Well, looks like the east end is going to be a success!! Like we have always said so.

Look at all the people clambering over themselves to get a ticket in the east end next season!

The east end is going to get bigger and better as people are getting fed up with modern football!!

nah nah nah nah I told you so Robbored

That's a bit of a result then - does that mean the away team will only ever get 2 or 3k even if it's Man U or Arsenal?? (Touchwood)

We have say what? under 3 seasons left before city move to a new ground?

so the real issue hear is not stands, view, but the people who like to make an atmosphere

in any stand, now those people soon could possibly have to come together in a new stadium

so the main point of the EE is getting those people ready to move foward to the new ground as like

it or not we will have to look at where we will go in a new ground which i hope will be together in

a unreserved area, we have a chance to gain a place to create a mini liverpool

kop and be proud and loud of our club, and the EE is just a practice, any new ground will have

facilities and view the dolman and atyeo people crave but we need like minded people together.

the stand helps but it is the gathering of like minded people that count.

We have say what? under 3 seasons left before city move to a new ground?

so the real issue hear is not stands, view, but the people who like to make an atmosphere

in any stand, now those people soon could possibly have to come together in a new stadium

so the main point of the EE is getting those people ready to move foward to the new ground as like

it or not we will have to look at where we will go in a new ground which i hope will be together in

a unreserved area, we have a chance to gain a place to create a mini liverpool

kop and be proud and loud of our club, and the EE is just a practice, any new ground will have

facilities and view the dolman and atyeo people crave but we need like minded people together.

the stand helps but it is the gathering of like minded people that count.

Nail on the head CH. I believe it has always been about this and certainly was the defining moment at the original meeting with SL when it became obvious to those present.

Where you sit is a very immotive subject. I imagine many people sit where thet sat on their first trip to AG and therefore get very attatched to it.

First used to stand in the schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman with the old man sat in the stand behind but I was always desperate to get into the eastend, once that happened it didn't dissapoint, then as years went on East End closed and went to the Dolman.

So I had only ever seen games from those two perspectives (including schoolboys encl as part of the dolman) and became very defensive re those two stands.

Aaaanyway, this season for one reason or another aswell as the Dolman I have also sat in both the Ateyo and The Grandstand (Williams) and have realised that each vantage point has advantages.

Ateyo: My kids adored sitting there esp before kick off as players are almost within touching distance and it gives you a real feeling of inclusion in the club. Also singing, although not as loud as the old days in the Eastend due to accoustics, was great.

Williams: No singing etc but fascinating being able to see and hear GJ and KM screaming at the players. Also enjoying the sight of a full Dolman, and hearing the renewed East End in full voice .

So although everyone has their favourite spot, they all have there good and bad points, the main thing is TO BE THERE SOMEWHERE ! Also no matter where you sit I think everyone would agree that it is much better now the eastend is back, keep up the atmosphere in there lads.

One thing I have never understood though, and being totally hypocritical, why did anyone choose to stand in the Park End, I only stood there once, that cup game vs Forest, and got soaked. Any reasons gratefully recieved!!

Archived