IGNORED

Steward On The Players Entrance

Ashton Kate

First of all I have supported this club for a very long time but what I saw yesterday at Ashton Gate has left me speechless. There was a new steward on the players entrance yesterday number 046 and what an idiot this bloke was. I take several children to the games with me and before the game had popped into the shop to get a couple of players photos and hoped to get them signed. This idiot when we stopped the players and asked them to sign was actually telling the players to move on AND NOT SIGN. I spoke to several of the players who were absouletly disgusted (I will not name them but they know who they are) his remarks when I challanged him were disgusting to say the least.

Luckily for me I managed to get both pictures signed and Scott murray helped me out with another item I wanted signed. All I can say that if this is the attitude of the club keeping players away from the loyal fans then I am appalled. God help us if we get to the Premiership we won't be able to get near the players. Sad so very sad. Oponions anybody.

Will be so hard to get autographs if in the premiership. Probably lock both big gates for players to enter, then visa versa after the game! So so hard to get premiership autographs the ONLY chance u got is if they stop in there car after leaving the game. i remember when Boro came down and same with England U21 it was so hard to TRY and get autographs, Micheal Mancienne had my pen in his hand to sign for me then steward told him to get back in and not sign?? likes of Agbonlahor,milner, derbyshire wernt aloud out to sign autographs. Its not very often premiership "future" stars come to bristol. Little kids were gutted and disgusted! As for getting Theo Walcotts and Stuart Pearces MY GOD that was tough! made them go out the executive entrance straight into taxi while surrounded by stewards and theo and stuart in the middle straight into the cabs absolute JOKE. Sam

Will be so hard to get autographs if in the premiership. Probably lock both big gates for players to enter, then visa versa after the game! So so hard to get premiership autographs the ONLY chance u got is if they stop in there car after leaving the game. i remember when Boro came down and same with England U21 it was so hard to TRY and get autographs, Micheal Mancienne had my pen in his hand to sign for me then steward told him to get back in and not sign?? likes of Agbonlahor,milner, derbyshire wernt aloud out to sign autographs. Its not very often premiership "future" stars come to bristol. Little kids were gutted and disgusted! As for getting Theo Walcotts and Stuart Pearces MY GOD that was tough! made them go out the executive entrance straight into taxi while surrounded by stewards and theo and stuart in the middle straight into the cabs absolute JOKE. Sam
I remember when we played Liverpool years ago and we hung around to get the Liverpool players autographs. As they were getting on the coach I asked Steve McManaman to sign and he took me onto the coach to get all of them. So fair play to him and perhaps IF we get to the Promised Land it might not be as hard as we think!!! As long as that steward isn't on the players entrance that is.

I believe there was a thread about this a little while ago.

Gary Johnson has instructed players and officials not to stop and sign anything before the game, because they are at work and he wants them in on time, not ten minutes late because they've been outside signing autographs.

Preparation is hugely important, and the manager doesn't want it affected by players arriving late, which is fair enough.

After the game is a completely different matter, and anyone can stay and get things signed, as far as I'm aware.

I remember when we played Liverpool years ago and we hung around to get the Liverpool players autographs. As they were getting on the coach I asked Steve McManaman to sign and he took me onto the coach to get all of them. So fair play to him and perhaps IF we get to the Promised Land it might not be as hard as we think!!! As long as that steward isn't on the players entrance that is.

bet that was quality fair play to u & McManaman.

Personally I think that some of the stewarding at Ashton has gone really OTT and whilst most seem quite amicable there are SOME (And they certainly know who they are, as they have reputations outside Ashton) who look for trouble?

YET AGAIN TOP RESPECT TO SCOTT MURRAY - Red through and through - Must be kept on at some level if not in the squad.

When I was a kid the best place to get them was the tunnel at the front of the Atyeo. Got a lot of signatures there. Sameul Eto'o when he was playing for Mallorca, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, McManaman but to name a few. Maybe try that if you sit in that stand?

In defence of the stewards they are given strict instructions about certain things - one of which is players and autographs.The fact that some of them are 'jobsworths' is just unfortunate.

Jobsworths maybe, but in the event of an emergency or ground evacuation, you will be reliant on the actions and instructions of these stewards, most of whom have undergone hours of training in all aspects of crowd safety and control. And, yes, pretty much everything they do and say, is via their superiors, so bear that in mind when targetting individuals.

Archived