IGNORED

City's Chances If Promoted Written Off By Media

Redminster

Frankly, they would be embarassing. While this season has been little short of miraculous, Derby would look like world beaters compared to this lot. Aside from maybe McIndoe and at a stretch Sproule, the prospect of Bristol City coming up against ManYoo and Arsenal would be equal parts terrifying and hilarious.

What a ####!

**** 'em. No one has believed in us all year, and we're still there.

Articles like that are just the kind of thing the players should be reading, is there a better team talk that that? Doubt it.

I don't remember Stoke being in bad form when we beat them at The Gate either, yet more lazy journalism :disapointed2se:

I actually :laugh:'ed at that. Especially the bit about embarrassing and hilarious. :sleeping:

But do you agree with that summary of our chances? I don't. If, IF we get promoted, why can't we have a good go at staying up? Whilst it's fairly likely that we would get relegated, I genuinely think we would get more points than Derby have.

But do you agree with that summary of our chances? I don't. If, IF we get promoted, why can't we have a good go at staying up? Whilst it's fairly likely that we would get relegated, I genuinely think we would get more points than Derby have.

Tbh, I thought it was a little harsh, but its probably only what 90% of footy fans around the country will think, as will the 'experts' and the bookies, if we get promoted next year.

Personally, I think we can give it a good go as our team spirit is fantastic, but lets face it, its going to be a massive struggle to survive in that league.

Personally, I'm not even thinking this far ahead (well as little as possible).

Having been a City fan for a long time, and having just missed out when we last played in the top flight, I can take absolutely nothing for granted anymore as its been mostly hard times, and will only live in this most enjoyable of moments for now.

Tbh, I thought it was a little harsh, but its probably only what 90% of footy fans around the country will think, as will the 'experts' and the bookies, if we get promoted next year.

Personally, I think we can give it a good go as our team spirit is fantastic, but lets face it, its going to be a massive struggle to survive in that league.

Personally, I'm not even thinking this far ahead (well as little as possible).

Having been a City fan for a long time, and having just missed out when we last played in the top flight, I can take absolutely nothing for granted anymore as its been mostly hard times, and will only live in this most enjoyable of moments for now.

Agree with all of that. Trust me, I'm not taking promotion for granted either. I'm just praying it will happen. :fingerscrossed:

My Watford supporting colleague at work told me today he is still convinced they will finish above us. Let him be eh?

Agree with all of that. Trust me, I'm not taking promotion for granted either. I'm just praying it will happen. :fingerscrossed:

My Watford supporting colleague at work told me today he is still convinced they will finish above us. Let him be eh?

And why wouldn't he after the money they have spent and recent history? I would be saying the same if I was him, I expect.

The thing is, football has come up with funny results many times, and being the underdog sometimes works in your favour. Thats what makes it the greatest game on Earth imo.

17 Bolton Wanderers 28 6 7 15 -14 25

18 Reading 28 7 4 17 -23 25

19 Fulham 28 3 10 15 -23 19

20 Derby County 28 1 7 20 -44 10

We CAN do better than that !!! We can beat all of these teams home and away..

well, les we forget, city will spend big if they go up, for us anyway.

4 or 5 3 million pounders will be on the shopping list, we are allready watching a striker from standerd liege, gj will uncover a few gems and i think we will be far better than derby.

we have been sneered at all season, fact is, its now march and we are the best team in this division, the table says so, so bolox to em.

get the right players, no prima donnas, good team players, we will do ok, even if we went down, the ground needs sorting, more seats please.

how come notts county can build a ground in 13 weeks, forrests away end was knocked up in no time, yet itsa year for us,WHY?????

lets just get there first.

Who is this Nick Miller who has written it? I really do hope it isnt a professional journo.

My thought too. Without knowing on what he is basing this opinion on exactly it's difficult to know where the guy is coming from as we've no idea how many times he's actually seen us play this season.

Remember it's only one opinion and if we started taking notice of every slight we get from now until the end of the season we'd probably go potty. Treat it as ill informed ignorance - works for me.

That is written based on no idea what we have become this year... You don't display this kind of consistency due to a freakish season... I feel that we have shown a certain united approach this year - never giving up or knowing when we are beaten... Yes, the thought of premiership football scares the S@+T out of me but what a ride - and I feel that I will keep that article for relfection in 10 months time... Crap and insulting thoughts based on predicting what can not be predicted - kind of ######## article that could have been written this time last year about our Championship chances.

well, les we forget, city will spend big if they go up, for us anyway.

4 or 5 3 million pounders will be on the shopping list, we are allready watching a striker from standerd liege, gj will uncover a few gems and i think we will be far better than derby.

we have been sneered at all season, fact is, its now march and we are the best team in this division, the table says so, so bolox to em.

get the right players, no prima donnas, good team players, we will do ok, even if we went down, the ground needs sorting, more seats please.

how come notts county can build a ground in 13 weeks, forrests away end was knocked up in no time, yet itsa year for us,WHY?????

lets just get there first.

Notts County?... are u avin a larf?!!!! Last time I looked they were still at Meadow Lane. They may well have built it in 13 weeks back in 1852 but have you seen the place? Health & Safety back then was also akin to blowing your nose before leaving the site.

Bollox to them all, folks. I can't even be arsed to read it. Who give's a #####???

If any of them had forcasted on 10/8/07.......

1 Bristol City 35 18 10 7 44 41 64

....by 03/03/08, I might now be giving them some credence.

Like I say, bollox to the ##### lot of them.

What is really embarrassing is how poor the Championship has proved to be. Let's face it, we are not world beaters and occasionally get found out (eg QPR spend a few quid and instantly become able to beat two of the top teams 3-0). But we are still doing better than many of the BIG clubs that we expected to struggle against. In truth, there is so little quality here, it's unbelievable. We haven't improved that much since last season.

The point is though that our consistency at grinding out more close wins than anyone else would stand us in good stead in the Prem. If we can do it in this league, we can do it in the mini league that constitutes the bottom third of the Prem.

Football 365.com

Typical bias.

It must be so boring viewing the world of football through the eyes of a Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea supporter. YAWN. :disapointed2se:

###### ridiculous "Derby would look world beaters vs this lot"

What a load of ###### bollox that is we could easily beat derby, and theres 1 place between it for christ sake such a c**k of a journalist the sooner he gets the sack the ###### better !!! :ranting:

While this won't sit very well with the majority on here, but I think there's a lot of truth in what he says.

Unless we spend BIG, and I mean BIG, we will be an embarrassment.

Our season this year has been beyond our wildest dreams and the fact that we've managed to stay in the promotion race is nothing short of miraculous, given our status last season. But to think we could have an impact on the Premier league without spending big-time is an impossible dream.

The fact that many teams spend several years yo-yoing between these two leagues to testament to the fact that they are probably too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League. This indicates a yawning chasm of ability between the leagues and is the one simple fact why our tenure there - if we ever get there - will be brief and torrid.

While this won't sit very well with the majority on here, but I think there's a lot of truth in what he says.

Our season this year has been beyond our wildest dreams and the fact that we've managed to stay in the promotion race is nothing short of miraculous, given our status last season. But to think we could have an impact on the Premier league without spending big-time is an impossible dream.

The fact that many teams spend several years yo-yoing between these two leagues to testament to the fact that they are probably too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League. This indicates a yawning chasm of ability between the leagues and is the one simple fact why our tenure there - if we ever get there - will be brief and torrid.

Agreed. Although I feel he's worded it wrong, I am VERY worried that should we get promoted, we could get a number of batterings on a regular basis, I think need to sign a good 7-8 players as I'm not sure how many could make that step up even further.

Long Established teams like West Brom, Sheffield Utd & Derby have been awful in that league, I just hope we get the right players in if we do go up, and don't put ourselves in a position where we are forking out MAJOR cash for players who then refuse to play in the championship should we come back down.

All that said, I'm putting all thoughts of premiership football out of my head, until we are actually a premiership team.

"Of the promotion candidates, they have beaten Stoke and Watford, but only when both were in poor form"

Stoke had lost once in their previous nine games when we played and beat them.

I presume sixth-placed Ipswich aren't promotion candidates, as we beat them too and he doesn't mention that game. Likewise Hull and Burnley, who lie within two points of the top six.

"Aside from maybe McIndoe and at a stretch Sproule, the prospect of Bristol City coming up against ManYoo and Arsenal would be equal parts terrifying and hilarious."

This is a typical Premier League view. Whenever anyone mentions playing in that league, they discuss how a team will fare against the top two or three sides. When, in reality, those aren't the games that matter. The ones that would matter would be against the other two promoted teams and those around us at the bottom of the league.

I imagine he thought Barnsley would get thrashed out of sight at Anfield this season. We gave Boro a good game and they went on to struggle against a Sheffield United side who had already beaten Man City and who we beat quite comfortably.

Let's see if Preston put four past us as they did against Derby. Somehow, I doubt it.

Of course, money would need to be spent to enhance the squad, but to write us off just because Man U and the like would almost certainly beat us, is a stupid argument.

Ah well, let people continue to write us off and take us lightly. It seems to have served us quite well up to now.

Why would we be an embarrasement?

I'm confident we'll do better then derby did and i believe in GJ, and I'm sure SL will splash the cash needed for us to stay up.

Also our team spirit is 2nd to none, we don't need any "big" players to go far i think GJ has proved that so far.

We need to strengthen yes, and I'm sure GJ already has hundreds of players to look it no matter what league we're in.

Embarrasement?-Us no - Derby-Yes

Archived