IGNORED

City's Chances If Promoted Written Off By Media

Redminster

the prospect of Bristol City coming up against ManYoo and Arsenal would be equal parts terrifying and hilarious.

He has a point, I'm sure the likes of ManYoo and Arsenal would be terrified of having to play us and it would be hilarious when we beat them.

He has a point, I'm sure the likes of ManYoo and Arsenal would be terrified of having to play us and it would be hilarious when we beat them.

Puts me in mind of our first season back in the top flight in the 70's. We were about to play Liverpool who may already have been champions (it was near the end of the season). Bob Paisley, Liverpool manager, was interviewed on radio and asked about the prospects for the game. He laughed and said something like, "We'll be looking to win that one , right enough."

We beat Liverpool.

We stayed up. Bring on the big boys.

Blah, who cares what anyone else thinks of us?

As someone already mentioned; had this bloke had predicted we'd be up the top at this point of the season last year then maybe he'd have a point to make, but last year he probably didn't know Bristol had any football teams, so he can take a running jump.

He might be right about our present squad finding it hard next year, but then who knows what the squad will look like next year IF we were to go up? I'd not have guessed we have McIndoe, Trundle, Elliot, Adebola or Sproule this time last year, so who knows which players will be pulling on the super red shirts this time next year?

Plenty of people like this bloke thought Spurs would be Premiership title contenders, Sheffield Wednesday would be Championship promotion fighters and WBA would walk this league before a ball was kicked, so asides from being able to guess that one of Man U, Arsenal and Chel$ea are likely to win the title next year I don't think the opinion of any under-informed internet journo is going to keep me awake at night thanks.

He can mind his own (Premiership) business and we'll concentrate on Charlton tonight.

he's just someone who hasn't seen us play. which is the same for most of the experts, they haven't a clue who we are or what we play like. To be honest Sky sports haven't been writing us off, especially their people who watch the championship games week in week out, we have since december been regarded as one of the best footballing sides in the division by their people.

The people who just look at the prem don't have a clue all they see is the name Bristol City and assume we can't have any good players, but don't see the fact that we have one of the best central midfielders in this league in Elliot, one of the best keepers in this league, and arguably as a unit on of the best defences in the league as well. Only Charlton have conceded as few goals as we have in the top 6, Only Ipswich have a better home record and only Burnley and watford have better away records.

The league table doesn't lie and we have been over 35 games better than any side in the division.

Its a very ill informed comment because he is assuming that we would stick with the same squad of players, and don't have any money to spend.

If he's actually bothered to do some research he would realise that we have one of the best managers in England, an excellent team ethic and a chairman who is prepared to make the necessary investment to establish ourselves in the Premiership.

And describing Sproule and McIndoe as our key players also shows his lack of knowledge...if he'd actually seen any of our matches he would know that Marvin Elliott has been our driving force this season, with Basso and Carey close behind. But hey, lets be a lazy Premiership journalist and write us off just because of who we are.

With the current squad, it would be a bit of an embarassment next season were we to go up...but just like last year, we can make some shrewd signings to strengthen the team in key areas...and have what it takes to make the step up! Of course it will be nothing but a struggle, but I see nothing to suggest that we wont at least make a fight of it.

While this won't sit very well with the majority on here, but I think there's a lot of truth in what he says.

Unless we spend BIG, and I mean BIG, we will be an embarrassment.

Our season this year has been beyond our wildest dreams and the fact that we've managed to stay in the promotion race is nothing short of miraculous, given our status last season. But to think we could have an impact on the Premier league without spending big-time is an impossible dream.

The fact that many teams spend several years yo-yoing between these two leagues to testament to the fact that they are probably too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League. This indicates a yawning chasm of ability between the leagues and is the one simple fact why our tenure there - if we ever get there - will be brief and torrid.

People were saying the same thing straight after the rotherham game.

It is all supposition at the moment as there are still 11 games to go, but here's a bit of food for thought.

On the last game of last season against Rotherham our "front six" were;

Betsy, Johnson, Skuse, B.Wilson, Noble and Showunmi.

In the win against Hull last week it was;

Sproule, Johnson, Elliott, McIndoe, Carle and Adebola.

5 changes, so who is this person to know what our front six will be on the first week of August, whether we make the Prem or not?

Football 365.com

Typical bias.

It must be so boring viewing the world of football through the eyes of a Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea supporter. YAWN. :disapointed2se:

It's obviously written by one of those smartarse sporting writers who might be good at turning a cute phrase or two, but have no more insight and judgement than anybody else.

He apparantly thinks that City got where they are today by some mysterious form of osmosis rather than by sheer merit:- so what would he know ?

I went on the contact us page to find his (Nick Miller) email address - could not find his, but using a bit of common sense and looking at others email addresses, I reckon his email address is:- 365_nm@365mediagroup.co.uk

Have a go and send some not very nice emails people - i've not got time, otherwise I would!

I went on the contact us page to find his (Nick Miller) email address - could not find his, but using a bit of common sense and looking at others email addresses, I reckon his email address is:- 365_nm@365mediagroup.co.uk

Have a go and send some not very nice emails people - i've not got time, otherwise I would!

Riaz, you naughty boy! :whistle2:

Guest Eamer

Let them all think what they like. City could produce a small book of names of people proved wrong at the end of the season with the amount there has been.

Archived