IGNORED

Just Back From Swindon

Robbored

1-1

Should/could have come away from Swindon wth three points.City played them off the park in the first half and fully deserved the 1-0 half time lead.All the City players played well.

It was different in the second half.Swindon pushing forward.City trying to hit them on the break but City conceded the lead to a wonder goal from Fallon.Overhead kick from the "D" looping in over Phillips head.

After that it looked as if Swindon might have had gone to win but City fought well and created a couple of good chances but Bells' cross was deflected for a corner and then in the very last 20 secs, Miller hit the inside of the post when he should have scored after great work from Bell and Peacock.

City deserved the win but luck went against them.

It was a good performance and I for one am not too dishearted.

I'm not entirely sure we deserved the win. The first half performance was good, and we completely dominated the midfield. Then we withstood the innevitable storm from Swindon in the first 15 minuites of the second half. Then when we needed to come out again and exert our superior ability on the game, we just sat back as we have done so many times before and again were punished for it.

If Swindon were as good as they think they are they wouldn't have only got a point today, after an hour we gift wrapped them the game with our negative tactics, if we do that against Plymouth, i fully expect us to leave the field on the wrond end of a 2/3-1 defeat.

EDIT - i am not too disheartned, because i think today shows that we are able to beat Swindon should we play proper tactics if we meet them in the playoffs. We coped with their dismal long ball tactics with ease.

1-1

Should/could have come away from Swindon wth three points.City played them off the park in the first half and fully deserved the 1-0 half time lead.All the City players played well.

It was different in the second half.Swindon pushing forward.City trying to hit them on the break but City conceded the lead to a wonder goal from Fallon.Overhead kick from the "D" looping in over Phillips head.

After that it looked as if Swindon might have had gone to win but City fought well and created a couple of good chances but Bells' cross was deflected for a corner and then in the very last 20 secs, Miller hit the inside of the post when he should have scored after great work from Bell and Peacock.

Agree 100%, city were very unlucky to win but a point is still a good point away from home but with Lee Miller coming so close to score, us fans would be saying what a great substitution by Danny Wilson that was.

Tuesday nights match against Plymouth is a must win game now so come on you redsssssss!

Me neither Robbo. Have only had a quick glance at the forum since I got in, but despite what some people think, there is only a three point gap between us and QPR with 15 still to play for.

Yes we were desperately unlucky to win it, Miller knew it as well. I just hope that he doesn't get too worked up over it.

For anybody that thinks promotion is out of our hands, I can only presume that you won't be at Ashton Gate on Tuesday, or at any of the other games this season as you already know what is going to happen.

It aint over yet.

For anybody that thinks promotion is out of our hands, I can only presume that you won't be at Ashton Gate on Tuesday, or at any of the other games this season as you already know what is going to happen.

Umm promotion is out of our hands, because we are relying on other teams to get results. if you mean out of reach then i agree :sub:

1-1

Nice meeting you Robbo, met a few forum members today! :sub:

Archived