IGNORED

Just Getting Back

sab

Trying to do this on my phone-am 44 yrs old and am v pround tnite of the team and the fans-one of the best nights for support for a v long time-we even sang when we went a goal own-must have had over 2000 there-i love u all-THIS IS OUR YEAR

Just got back, in Bromley, great game, fantastic support ... after losing an early goal to their initial pressure we controlled it really, outplayed them 2nd half and deserved to win it ... closest to a free-kick goal I've seen for ages ... would've been happy with a draw at start, deff at half-time, and am still now really ... could''ve got 3 pts though. Still felt like a really positive result though, the applause the lads got at the end was great, I think they appreciated it too - took some of my kids mates tonight ... arsenal and chelsea fans mostly, they thought it was great and were singing city 'till i die at the end ... made i lafff...

I listened to the radio and although first half under the cosh, it sounded like we smashed them second half and deserved all 3 points. Never mind, we will take them at the walkers stadium and keep us top!

Just got back, in Bromley, great game, fantastic support ... after losing an early goal to their initial pressure we controlled it really, outplayed them 2nd half and deserved to win it ... closest to a free-kick goal I've seen for ages ... would've been happy with a draw at start, deff at half-time, and am still now really ... could''ve got 3 pts though. Still felt like a really positive result though, the applause the lads got at the end was great, I think they appreciated it too - took some of my kids mates tonight ... arsenal and chelsea fans mostly, they thought it was great and were singing city 'till i die at the end ... made i lafff...

Great stuff Chaplain, they will probably never forget tonight and always look out for BCFC in the future.

I listened to the radio and although first half under the cosh, it sounded like we smashed them second half and deserved all 3 points. Never mind, we will take them at the walkers stadium and keep us top!

Spoke to someone who was at the game (lucky bu**er) and he said poor first half but played like a team at the top of the Championship second half

Coupled with some of the comments on the Charlton forum I go to bed with a warm feeling inside tonight

Less of the smutty thoughts fellas - just proud to be a City fan!

FTG (and their pathetic crowds!)

Spoke to someone who was at the game (lucky bu**er) and he said poor first half but played like a team at the top of the Championship second half

Coupled with some of the comments on the Charlton forum I go to bed with a warm feeling inside tonight

Less of the smutty thoughts fellas - just proud to be a City fan!

FTG (and their pathetic crowds!)

on the radio it said in the 2nd half that basso chested the ball over the bar??

Echo all of the above - team played like they deserved to be Championship leaders in the second half and the fans never stopped singing throughout. After all of those years in the horrible third-tier, it's hard not to well up with pride.

on the radio it said in the 2nd half that basso chested the ball over the bar??

Yup, from a McCombe* miskick that went over his head and bounced up towards the roof of the net, before Basso got behind it and instinctively chested it up rather than the possibility of giving away a free kck in a very difficult position.

* McCombe - my man of the match, immense, gave away few free kicks under great pressure from the ape Iwulemo, cool, good passing etc. Didn't agree with playing Vasko alongside him for the 2nd half after what happened in the firdt half against QPR, but was proved totally wrong.

Yup, from a McCombe* miskick that went over his head and bounced up towards the roof of the net, before Basso got behind it and instinctively chested it up rather than the possibility of giving away a free kck in a very difficult position.

* McCombe - my man of the match, immense, gave away few free kicks under great pressure from the ape Iwulemo, cool, good passing etc. Didn't agree with playing Vasko alongside him for the 2nd half after what happened in the firdt half against QPR, but was proved totally wrong.

Yeah McCombe was outstanding both in the air and on the ball. His back pass was a bit frightening though!

The players came out in the second half and just tore into Charlton - Leicester must be pretty fed up losing at home to Preston. Let's hope we start that game the same as we did in the second half tonight. Can we really think about 3 points on Saturday then beating Twatford on tuesday - where will we be then????? 8 games to go 4 wins to get.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Yep. Proud of the players and management (again). Proud of the fans (again). Brilliant how everyone kept singing after the setback and we could barely hear a peep out of Charlton fans.

I'd be interested to know how the support came across on the radio.

Yeah was an amazing atmosphere tonight guys!! everyone singing for 90 mins, can hardly speak now. charlton fans were poor only really got going when they scored then were silent 5 mins later, they made more noise when people were winding them up at the station after the game!

I went tonight was one of the best city away atmospheres i have been to, Full blown singing for 90 minuites. All fans who traveled did the club proud tonight!!!! Charlton support was pathetic, was like a morgue.

YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE AT HOME!!!!

Top of the Championship! Happy Days

Yep. Proud of the players and management (again). Proud of the fans (again). Brilliant how everyone kept singing after the setback and we could barely hear a peep out of Charlton fans.

I'd be interested to know how the support came across on the radio.

I listened to the 2nd half on the internet and the atmosphere sounded electric, although perhaps it just seemed that way with each Vodka that I drank to calm my nerves and excitement!!

Well done boys, I was very proud last night and am starting to believe that this is going to be one hell of a special time for us all.

Archived