IGNORED

Weak Division...what?

mozo

Many fans this season have been heard to say (or should I say 'seen to type') that this years Championship is a weak division.

What?!! I don't get that.

The same was said of league one for the last god knows how many years, often as the reason for the success of Scunny/Colchester/Barnsley etc etc...

Now people around the country are saying that City are only succeeding because it is a weak division.

As I have moaned before, people also say that 'anyone can beat anyone' in this league. Surely that's the whole bloody point of sport. Man U lose every year, only less than most, just like us this year!!

So my question is...

What makes the Championship weaker/easier/less competitive this year compared to previous years.

(I very much doubt that there can be 'weak years' and can't think of any year where international stars were stunning fans on a weakly basis. The fact that nobody has run away with the division proves how competitive and exciting it is!!)

Wouldn't necessarily say it's weaker but it's definately more open because there's no outright side running away with the league. Same could be said about the teams in the bottom three, nobody's doomed like Derby are in the Prem. It's just an open, closely contested league which is exactly how it should be.

Many fans this season have been heard to say (or should I say 'seen to type') that this years Championship is a weak division.

What?!! I don't get that.

The same was said of league one for the last god knows how many years, often as the reason for the success of Scunny/Colchester/Barnsley etc etc...

Now people around the country are saying that City are only succeeding because it is a weak division.

As I have moaned before, people also say that 'anyone can beat anyone' in this league. Surely that's the whole bloody point of sport. Man U lose every year, only less than most, just like us this year!!

So my question is...

What makes the Championship weaker/easier/less competitive this year compared to previous years.

(I very much doubt that there can be 'weak years' and can't think of any year where international stars were stunning fans on a weakly basis. The fact that nobody has run away with the division proves how competitive and exciting it is!!)

I completely agree with you. If there were two teams many points ahead of the rest at this point , thats when id say it was a weak league. With everything being so tight it only proves that its a hard league!

I think its a load of tosh myself. Your only as good as your last result. You could spend millions of pounds on players and not make it. Look at West Brom last season they missed out in the play-off final and their wage bill is probably 3 times more than ours!! Weve probably got one of the smaller budgets in the Championship and are top of the league!! Good man management, team spirit and sheer hard work makes a successful team, not how much you spend on players. To use the excuse that its a weak league is poor in my opinion. It took us 9 years to get out of league 1 which apparently was always "weak" yet it took that length of time to escape!! People can carry on saying we are "lucky" and "fortunate" to be in our position but theres nothing lucky about it! We have a fit team of athletes maybe thats what the other clubs don't have like Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and Watford?

People in the National media change their opinion with the prevailing wind direction. What really hurts these London based ignorant mugs is that little old Bristol City from the cider swilling, pig farming sticks have had the absolute affrontery to come into the Championship and refuse to be intimidated by the opposition. The cheeky barstewards have even got the downright cheek to top the table after 36 games.

They can't beat us at the moment so they've decided to run us down instead. Of course if West brom win the league then all of these "experts" always knew that the cream would rise to the top in the end. The trouble is that we've put a spanner in the works, they are unsure of themselves and are $h1t scared that we might just keep the run going until the end of the season. I think it is absolutely brilliant!!!

i'll tell you something, for gary johnson's first ever home game against barnsley i saw him becuase i was mascot and i said to him that he will take us to the premiership and he said 'we'll see' with one of his GJ grins about him and i'd love to see him for our first prem home game versus the manure and tell him i told you so

what makes it 'weak' is when one of the so called bigger (arrogant) clubs is having a hard time and isn't romping it, and a club like ours is doing well, thats when they seem happy to denegrate the league.

it becomes 'strong' when that team is sitting on top and we're meant to think how brilliant they are.

don't subscribe to the nonsense you read.

I don't think this is a weak division at all. As previously mentioned, there are no teams running away with it which is the only noticeable thing. So on that basis I don't think its weak, although it IS missing the usual unbeatable team - but having said that, it makes it a good thing cos it means there are TWO automatic promotion places up for grabs rather than the un-official one remaining place cos someone all but has the title in the bag.

The only other thing about the Championship this season is how tight it is. There are only about 10 points separating 4th place and 10th place and ALL of the teams in the top 6 are all still capable of getting a place in the top two. That doesnt make it weak... it just makes it tight and competative - surely this should make for a better league because there is more to play for.

Fans that call the Championship weak are only saying that because their team isnt doing as well as it should be so they look at other ways of blaming failure!

But hey.... if the Championship is weak, and we get promoted becuase of that.... then I'll take that any day!

It's all a load of contrived boll**ks...if you ask me, the football league championship, this season, is the most exciting league ANYWHERE, not just domestically.

Sure we may not have the glitz and glamour, but if you ask me that's just adding to it's exciting factor.

It's hotly contested, No result is a foregone conclusion, some SUPERB goals from all the teams, 100% work rate every game.

What more do you want from a football league? ###### media hype, The championship is where it's at this season!

its just another way of the big clubs trying to shoot us down. First they say we wont last/lucky, but when we prove them wrong and outplay and outsing them (charlton) they need another excuse. No one seems to think the reason we are doing so well is because we are a good team, apart from city fans of course :)

I completely agree with you. If there were two teams many points ahead of the rest at this point , thats when id say it was a weak league. With everything being so tight it only proves that its a hard league!

Totally agree , everyone can beat anyone and this season often have . Who would have predicted what we have seen this season alongwith the Prestons , Sheffield sides , and the other ex-premiership sides in the bottom half all season .

If you look at the recent post of past promoted teams and the points they went up with proves this .

Archived