IGNORED

Lee Trundle

cityfan

Say he scores the winner against Preston to put us up.... I guess £1million would be a bargain?

I thought he did well, but he seems to have that "I'm the main player" attitude. I guess at Swansea he was the target man, give it to Lee and let him do his stuff.

It aint working here, he tries to do too much and loses it, I just cant see it happening for him, and I'm a huge fan of his....

I thought he did well, but he seems to have that "I'm the main player" attitude. I guess at Swansea he was the target man, give it to Lee and let him do his stuff.

Got to disagree with that comment I'm afraid. Didnt really know a great deal about Trndle before he came to the City, other then he was a bit of an Icon at Swansea and was on Soccer AM show boat most weeks.

Things havent exactly gone to plan since he came here, but he has never once threw his toys out the pram, and seems a very popular and likeable lad with the rest of the players. He has plenty of time for the fans aswell.

I think we can all accept now he isnt going to be a living legend on the pitch for us, but he can still play a massive part for us this season, both on and off the ptich

:englandsmile4wf:

Got to disagree with that comment I'm afraid. Didnt really know a great deal about Trndle before he came to the City, other then he was a bit of an Icon at Swansea and was on Soccer AM show boat most weeks.

Things havent exactly gone to plan since he came here, but he has never once threw his toys out the pram, and seems a very popular and likeable lad with the rest of the players. He has plenty of time for the fans aswell.

I think we can all accept now he isnt going to be a living legend on the pitch for us, but he can still play a massive part for us this season, both on and off the ptich

Andy, i agree with your comments, this may seem silly but from my perception at games Lee Trundle is playing an important role off the pitch more so than on the pitch, he seems great with the lads showing plenty of encouragement.

He does not seem to be a "sulker" as some would perceive...

I have faith in Johnson and i know Lee is a quality player who plays a bigger part in the whole picture than many think, he has plenty of ability and WILL have an impact in the final 9 games.

Here's hoping for a Trundle goal on Tuesday night, he's got my backing!

Up the City!

bassogn1.th.jpg

I didnt mean attitude quite as it sounded.

What i mean is he thinks he can get past everyone, he isnt lacking in confidence at all so that is not a valid excuse.

On more than one occasion he had the ball at his feet and when the easy pass was on he carried on trying to trick his way through, and lost the ball.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lee scores a crucial goal, and becomes a hero putting us into the Prem !

The script is written for him.

My mate swears we'll get to the play off final at Wembley and he'll score the winner! :winner_third_h4h:

My mate swears we'll get to the play off final at Wembley and he'll score the winner! :winner_third_h4h:

As i said in my last post, if trundle scores the goal taht puts us in the prem then the sheer joy that it will bring to thousands of us would be well worth the million quid.

He deserves a chance because he is a quality player. LT and Carle are totally different players performing totally differnet roles. Much as Carle contributes I don't see him scoring many goals. Trundle on the other hand could score plenty of goals if given the service.

Our goal difference is poor and I would like to see Trundle selected in front of Byfield and Carle at this stage of the season and with so much at stake. Carle on the bench and to replace Trundle if necessary

No one has scored alot of goals this season, so I would prefer a striker that knows where the goal is, but is struggling rather than a swashbuckiling midfielder who doesn't score.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Nick Carle is an excellent addition to the team. I would just like to see Trundle play this Tuesday.

However, it won't happen because GJ doesn't change a successful formula and quite right too

Maybe it's worth trying putting him in the team, although there is a reason why Byfield is in front of him in the pecking order! I like trundle but except his one game where he scored twice he's done some nice foot work but ultimately looses it. Be great if he can turn around his season around but I'd rather give Brooker(who is with a team who are drawing or loosing half the time) a try than trundle no of our strikers have scored 4 in 4 only players near that is our defenders..

Trundle is like any other striker i think... in the sense that he needs a run of 5 or 6 games up front with a suitable partner just to find his feet, i don't think he has been given that this season, i'm not saying that GJ has done anything wrong, god no the man is a genious

I feel maybe trundle may not get his chance this season as it is to much of a risk to change things now... you never know there is always next season?

Didn't go to leicester but i'd like to see him in behind Dele, or even noble or even byfield. Carle is a very good player but from all i've seen he just can't play in the hole effectivley, when i've seen him dele often looks isolated with nobody running beyond him to get on the end of his numerous flick ons. Somebody who is much more used to this role i.e Noble or a striker like trundle or Byfield would be far more effective in my view.

Carle is a very good player and from what i've seen probably the best creative type central midfielder we have, but johnson isn't going to and doesn't deserve to be dropped so it's hard to fit Carle in at the moment, so i'd personally have him on the bench of bring him back into central midfield and push Mcindoe and Sproule much further forward and have them playing off Dele.

Archived