IGNORED

Boothroyd's Mind Games

NEWTONRED66

On the flip side he's putting more pressure on his side to win so I'm sure GJ's aware of that. By Christ is tonight a big game. I'm nervous sat at my desk at work as we speak! Dunno if I can cope with the pressure if I'm honest!

:sofa:

Apparently we are feeling the pressure

A bit of kidology or does Boothroyd have a crystal ball?

It never ceases to amaze me how they all seem to believe we'll bottle it, as if we don't know how to handle pressure, did we not have the hardest run in last year? After 3 promotions I'm sure that if anyone can handle the pressure it's GJ, surely the pressure must be on Watford if anyone with the amount they have spent in recent seasons. couple of good results for us and bad results for Watford could more or less see them out of the race, then Boothroyd will see some pressure.

Lets send the dirty sag home with his tail between his legs. :city: CTID

Thought pls.

On the flip side he's putting more pressure on his side to win so I'm sure GJ's aware of that. By Christ is tonight a big game. I'm nervous sat at my desk at work as we speak! Dunno if I can cope with the pressure if I'm honest!

:sofa:

I'm nervous here as well. I must have looked at the clock 50 times already, is it me or does time crawl by on a matchday?

I just don't get why no-one fancies us. At times we play some of the best football in the division. We have one of the best managers outside the Premier League. We're top of the table. We are well run financially and have a good chairman. Football is a team game and if anyone epitomises that then its us.

If we get up then how many fairy tales are there? Basso plucked from non-league, McCombe bought from Lincoln for buttons, Elliott plucked from the mire at Millwall, Lee Johnson and his promotions through the football leagues, Carey a great servant who should have spent more time at a higher level. Bradley Orr, from jail and fighting with his own teammates to playing against Ronaldo and Giggs.

er pressure? it's on them

- 9 match unbeaten away run has to come to an end at some point

- We already beat them once, now they need to not lose or draw away to avoid us doing the double on them

- If they don't win they will no further forward towards us with a game less to go and Stoke at the weekend, then charlton and WBA to come

- If they don't go up, Boothroyd will be in the sh*t and players will leave, parachute payments drop out, financial crises loom.

- If we don't win, then no-one will be calling for GJs head. We avoided relegation already!!

- We are the underdogs; they are 'expected' to win, no great shocks around the footballing world if we lose, but if we win finally we will get a bit of positive recognition?

they need to win simple as that, we only really need the draw although a win would be very nice!

So yes clash of the titans, but odds are stacked on our favour. come on you reds!

I don't think Boothroyd's tactic will work. If recent seasons are anything to go by, playing a top team is not the sort of game that puts us under the most pressure, it's playing teams we should beat easily.

Remember about this time last season we had slip ups against Bradford and Cheltenham at home, that appeared to be nailed on 3 pointers for us. Against that we went to Blackpool, Oldham and Carlisle and got wins against top teams in prime form. How many times already this season have we shown an ability to raise out game when needed, most noticably after bad results at Ipswich and home to Leicester we then go and snatch the win at Watford, who themselves were riding high at the top of the table. If any team has demonstrated the effects of pressure when top of the table then surely watford are the very best example - pots calling kettles black I think.

The biggest pressure tonight could come from the conditions. If it's blowing a gale then it works against us playing good football, but might suite a side that hoofs it forward at every opportunity.

I think GJ will be dissapointed with only 2 points from Charlton and Leicester and followig those results Watford will be a very tough test.

On balance I reckon a draw will be a good result for us tonight. A win would be a massive bonus. However, if we lose, we stay top. If they lose the gap gets even bigger, and with another tough test at Stoke, and games running out it, might just be that fear of losing weighs heavier on Watford than it does on us.

Guest Eamer

All that matters is what happens on the pitch. Boothroyd can say what he likes, we've proved enough people wrong so far and beat them up in London, let's do the double over them.

Apply a bit of 'reverse psychology' - its a poor reflection on Boothroyd when he has to resort to amatuer 'mind games'.

He's the one that really feeling the pressure.He well knows that if his boys lose tonight then the gap will get much more difficult to close. A draw is not much good to them either with games running out.

Like everyone else I don't give a monkeys for Boothroyd's comments but, the only thing I would really be concerned about are these gales which could play right into the hands of Adriano Basso, and right over the shoulders of Mart Poom.

Fixed That For You :D

Aidy Boothroyd has started the psychology games ahead of tonights big match.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1261734,00.html

Focus , focus , focus

Johnson won't worry about Watfords mind games , he and the team will be even more determined after saturdays performance to put one over and strongly affirm our promo credentials .

never mind watfords manager looks like we have upset a few fans.

taken from http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=20565

Haha how sad.

I didn't realise how pathetic City fans were.

They have real inferiority issues if they think that is some sort of mind game!

Christ you'd think he said something bad! All he said was any team, including us, has found it difficult at the top!

Looking around on their forums they have some really high opinions of themselves too. And of course there is yet more of the standard media-inspired stereotyping of our play.

I don't care, but I really want to win now just so they get their head's out their arses.

f_watford20bam_0b0c6d3.gif

Just watched GJ on world, didn't catch it all, but when GJ was asked about mind games/negative comments his reply was basically 'bring it on'. He says he passes all the negative stuff onto the lads, makes sure that everyone knows what is said/written and it only makes us stronger!!!

What a good Manager he is, very clever. :clapping:

Archived