IGNORED

Lee Johnson

DavidNoble

He got full on clattered!

Came out second half with a massive ice pack on his right ankle, and on crutches, sat in the dugout for about 15 mins of the second half and then went down the tunnel with Glen.

I really hope hes ok.

Here's hoping that LJ makes a swift recovery we need the little whipit in the middle.

Once again you really noticed when he wasn't there second half.

we lacked the distribution from defence.

On another note, how weak was tonights ref? he gave every little stumble Watfords way and let 3-4 yellow card challenges get away with nothing from the hoofers in yellow.

How did Shittu not get yellow for his outragous reaction to Johnsons challange? - one minute he was injured then the next bullocking up the field like the heifer he is.

As for Boothroyds claim that they came to win the game - what utter crap! playing eleven men in your own half for the entire second half isn't exactly flowing attractive football.

like Palace, Watford are a truly horrible side.

whoooooosh...boooot!...boing! - can I sue for getting a stiff neck?

Well played lee again tonight. Gutted to see you come out second half on crutches, but was nice to hear your name being sang to you as you hobbled back in to the dressing room. It made a change to hear positive things being said to you instead of the horrible abuse.

Fingers crossed you are ok for saturday.

... On another note, how weak was tonights ref? he gave every little stumble Watfords way and let 3-4 yellow card challenges get away with nothing from the hoofers in yellow.

How did Shittu not get yellow for his outragous reaction to Johnsons challange? - one minute he was injured then the next bullocking up the field like the heifer he is. ...

Agree 100% with this. Their right back - was it Mariappa? - should have gone. Also, their consistent niggling fouls were allowed to keep happening by the ref (though he did only blow up for half of them) and I never felt like he had control of the game.

Johnson was good again tonight though, and it was a shame to see him injured. Hopefully he's not out for too long and it's just bruising he's suffered.

Agree 100% with this. Their right back - was it Mariappa? - should have gone.

Yeah, the ref definitely bottled the second booking their once he realised the player was already on a yellow.

I thought Johnson was pretty good tonight before his injury. Again he seemed to play better with Noble in the side, I think because it gives him another range of pass other than long or wide.

Been saying it for ages. LJ delivery is absolutely superb and nothing showed it more when DN bless him tried the trademark LJ free kick down the middle into their box but it went straight to their keeper.

But it didn't go straight to their keeper; someone else got a head to it first...

best wishes to lee we need him, when he came back out the tunnel i thought he was on crutches with a cast :s but when he went back in he seemed to be leaning on the injured foot, hopefully it was a precaution but i do fear for his fitness in the next 6-8 weeks, hopefully carle and elliot can develop some LJ traites.

:pray: were all thinking of you Lee

I didnt think LJ was having a particularly good game last night and felt that of the players on the pitch he would make way for Carle as a tactical substitution at half time - boy we were a different side without him - you just get these false impressions and their roles sometimes. With Carle coming on I thought he would be as good if not better than Lee but I was proved wrong - Carle probably is a premiership player but boy does he need to learn the game - his closing down and positioning were uneducated and that side of his games needs work on - he also needs to demandd the ball more often - a few times Carey thought he could hit a pass better than Carle when Carle was standing unmarked 5 yards awway from him - as soon as he starts demanding the ball from his own players then we will see his talent come through but until he does that he will be ineffectual and a better choice of replace for LJ in central midfield would be Skuse or Alex Russell.

I could here this ripple of applause as Lee went off and thought it was strange that they would be giving that ball boy a round of applause until my senility faded and realisation struck home.

Get well soon Lee we need you more than I thought we did.

Personally I thought there was an improvement when Carle came on second half. More creative, dynamic running forward and definitely puts himself about more. Think it also demonstrated that centre midfiled is Carle's position.

Archived