IGNORED

East End Last Night

kmpowell

The atmosphere in the EE where I was last night was absolutely fantastic, although it did get a little quieter in the second half.

It's an absolute pleasure to be a part of the atmosphere in the EE, I loved every second of it last night.

As for people moaning about the flag, that's their problem. If they don't like it, tough.

I am an East End season ticket holder and I actually thought that it wasn't that bad last night considering it was used as overflow, at least a good percentage stood all game, The Barnsley game earlier this season when there was a similar number in there was far worse in terms of noise and large numbers of floating fans sat in silence all game.

Hopefully next season will be great full of like minded people, I would urge all the people on this board who sit in the other stands that moan about people not joining in with songs etc to come and join us in the east end next season.

Come on you Reds!

would love to go in the eastend but cant because its a family event :noexpression:

Was in EE last night for first time since the Atyeo opened. Stood a couple of rows directly behind Badger and thought that the amos was good for the 1st half, but trailed off very badly in the second.

Can't say I noticed any dodgy looks as mentioned elsewhere? but if there were then **** em I say.

Probably won't be in EE for a while, a bit too boisterous for my 3 and a half year old son, but I will be back for evening games when he is tucked up in bed!

PS nice to hear on another thread how P***** off the Watford fans were with the "top of the League" chant (ha,ha)

I didn't realise East End was reserved for "The Special Ones" that elitest band of true City fans who are keeping the club afloat. Yes I agree we should sing and chant to lift the team but remember we get a cross section of people down at the Gate the oldies have probably done their time as vocally active fans, the young 'uns are the future (and are learning the song sheet) and there's always a few blokes who have told the new girlfriend they are taking her somewhere special (yes AG is special so no lies there but don't expect her to join in with only one Gary Johnson!) The fact that the eastend is an over flow means these people can't get seats in the more reserved areas of the ground so are there because they have no choice like you who moan about them have no choice about them being there. What right do I have posting this? Well I did my singing in the Eastend in the early to mid '80's when we were getting 4/5000 and looked up at the entire league from the bottom. I don't get down to the Gate as often as I'd like due to financial and work committments but when I am I will raise my voice in whatever stand I'm in, be it with everyone else or a lone voice, to those who don't like singing thats your choice to those who thing singing is compulsery it ain't get used to it, you play your part but without the voiceless ones we would only have a half full ground and the loss of revenue that goes with it

I didn't realise East End was reserved for "The Special Ones" that elitest band of true City fans who are keeping the club afloat. Yes I agree we should sing and chant to lift the team but remember we get a cross section of people down at the Gate the oldies have probably done their time as vocally active fans, the young 'uns are the future (and are learning the song sheet) and there's always a few blokes who have told the new girlfriend they are taking her somewhere special (yes AG is special so no lies there but don't expect her to join in with only one Gary Johnson!) The fact that the eastend is an over flow means these people can't get seats in the more reserved areas of the ground so are there because they have no choice like you who moan about them have no choice about them being there. What right do I have posting this? Well I did my singing in the Eastend in the early to mid '80's when we were getting 4/5000 and looked up at the entire league from the bottom. I don't get down to the Gate as often as I'd like due to financial and work committments but when I am I will raise my voice in whatever stand I'm in, be it with everyone else or a lone voice, to those who don't like singing thats your choice to those who thing singing is compulsery it ain't get used to it, you play your part but without the voiceless ones we would only have a half full ground and the loss of revenue that goes with it

But they have no right to look down there noses at us.... we're only doing what we do EVERY game!

But they have no right to look down there noses at us.... we're only doing what we do EVERY game!

Granted it should be live and let live, if someone looked like that at me when I'm in full flow I just "sing" (well I think it's singing :laugh:) louder it isn't the ballet but both singer and non singer should respect the others right to do what they want

congratulations for your fine work so far. Sounds great and I'm gutted to be missing it at the mo. cant wait to get involved when I'm back, what the best way to help out or best person to contact!

CTID

you can let your views be known on the forza EE section on ziderheads

Forza Eastend Ziderheads

or contact via lionsfanzine@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/mainpage.html

Considering the effort put in by fans to regain part of the East End I can see why people are exasperated particularly when the manager is calling for vocal and positive support. Fans did not campaign for a stand where support gathers to be quiet.

If there was more understanding displayed by the club for a match which was always going to see a high attendance fans could have had a real choice weeks in advance of preferred stand. Sell tickets in advance for the rest of the season and its win win for all.

As for moaning about the giant St George which was paid for by fans within the East End :noexpression:

Archived