IGNORED

East End Last Night

kmpowell

Didn't have a chance to post this last night 'cos I thought I'd see if others did it first... but wasn't the EE quality!

• A full house
  • No trouble (credit to the old bill and the stewards on this one when the penalty was saved, they dealt with the situ perfectly)
  • Great singing
  • Big George
  • Lots of banter
  • No overeager stewards
  • Sensible 'old bill'
  • Getting behind the team when it mattered
  • Nobody going home early

I'm sure badger will back me up on this one seeing as he was stood 2 rows behind me, when I say that was the best atmosphere I've experienced in there for a good while. Not just pockets of singers, but everybody singing (and bouncing) together. There were lots of newbies, but looking around I didn't see any of them feeling intimidated or pissed off - everybody got into the spirit of things and got behind the team all the way.

It may have been a bit quiet in places and sometimes the same people starting the singing, but this will change if you allow the newbies and one offs in there regularly. The atmosphere can only get better still.

THAT'S what the EE is about, and why I hope they do the right thing and make it like that for the rest of the season. :fingerscrossed:

Yes I think that the east end added to the atmosphere and it was definitely good that it was full but I'm sick of people knocking the dolman stand fans because some decide to move down to the front slightly before the end of the game. Have you seen how long it takes to get out of the Dolman at the end of the game? While every other stand is clear at the end most of us are still stood at the back of the stand queueing up to leave..

I don't even know why it annoys me because I'm not one of the ones that goes early anyway!

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night, Watford made 5 minutes of noise but i was in the EE and sung all the way through. It was a poor match so there wasnt much to shout about on the field but we are top of the league and thought the EE proved what a valuable asset it is to the lads

It was crap last night considering how many people were in there.

I hope next season is better with 1000 season ticket holders, made of people that actually want to be in there and are actually proactive in their vocal support!

overflow is a pain in the arse as you get people there that don't want to be and do not take part in what the EE

as asked to be open for ''ATMOSPHERE MAKERS'' i hope when these season tickets get sold then those buying are

going participate as well as spectate, there was noise and singing as i heard it from duckmore road on my way to the ground

but the regulars feel it was a bad day at the office for them, even a few people moaning about the george flag going over them, if you don't like it then buy dolman, atyeo, williams tickets.

i thought it was crap last night, worst atmosphere in there all season.. if your going in the east sing and join in and don't moan or look around at the singers like there scum. if your not there to sing **** off, overflow part timers who are only there for the glory, your welcome if you sing if you don't there are plenty of platinium seats you can sit down in for your one game of the season thought at the last min you'd go down and watch t*wats

Judging by some of the comments it sounds like I may have misappraised the situation then! Considering the type of people who were in there who wouldn't know the songs etc, I thought it was very good.

I was stood 8 seats in from the netting and all around me was singing, so perhaps I was just lucky.

Sorry if I got it wrong. :dunno:

i thought it was crap last night, worst atmosphere in there all season.. if your going in the east sing and join in and don't moan or look around at the singers like there scum. if your not there to sing **** off, overflow part timers who are only there for the glory, your welcome if you sing if you don't there are plenty of platinium seats you can sit down in for your one game of the season thought at the last min you'd go down and watch t*wats

:clapping:

:clapping:

i was there with Mrs mystery...

The atomosphere was good......i enjoyed the game i think i was in a pocket of hardcore singers, yes there was a few new people about who didn't know the songs but they tried.

I think all should be welcomed to the East End!!

i was there with Mrs mystery...

The atomosphere was good......i enjoyed the game i think i was in a pocket of hardcore singers, yes there was a few new people about who didn't know the songs but they tried.

I think all should be welcomed to the East End!!

Personally I'm fed up of having amazing times when there's non overflow fans in there, yet big games it becomes full of people who bring nothing to the Atmosphere.

I can't belive people moaned about the flag as well. It's like walking into someones home and then telling them how they should act.

Judging by some of the comments it sounds like I may have misappraised the situation then! Considering the type of people who were in there who wouldn't know the songs etc, I thought it was very good.

I was stood 8 seats in from the netting and all around me was singing, so perhaps I was just lucky.

Sorry if I got it wrong. :dunno:

we had little pockets singing and it felt like an away game in the reserved mixed up seating sense

overflowers in the EE we want forza eastend support, we can do it...

http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/forza.html

Didn't have a chance to post this last night 'cos I thought I'd see if others did it first... but wasn't the EE quality!

• A full house
  • No trouble (credit to the old bill and the stewards on this one when the penalty was saved, they dealt with the situ perfectly)
  • Great singing
  • Big George
  • Lots of banter
  • No overeager stewards
  • Sensible 'old bill'
  • Getting behind the team when it mattered
  • Nobody going home early

I'm sure badger will back me up on this one seeing as he was stood 2 rows behind me, when I say that was the best atmosphere I've experienced in there for a good while. Not just pockets of singers, but everybody singing (and bouncing) together. There were lots of newbies, but looking around I didn't see any of them feeling intimidated or pissed off - everybody got into the spirit of things and got behind the team all the way.

It may have been a bit quiet in places and sometimes the same people starting the singing, but this will change if you allow the newbies and one offs in there regularly. The atmosphere can only get better still.

THAT'S what the EE is about, and why I hope they do the right thing and make it like that for the rest of the season. :fingerscrossed:

Had a great time last night, but I guess i was lucky.... COME ON YOU REDS

Guest WellyCiderHead

was absolutely crap, people turning around giving u funny looks when u try and keep a song going. Hate it when its an overflow. looks like its going to be the same saturday aswell

Guest WellyCiderHead

yeh seen it on ziderheads, hopefully this will encourage the buggers to start making some noise, i wont hold my breath though

EE was rubbish last night. I was at the back and kept seeing people looking back at us - you could tell what they were thinking....... that we were all thugs or from a nuthouse! Most of them should have been sat in the williams/atyeo, so they could watch the game in "peace"

SORRY THAT I WONT BE WELCOME ON SATURDAY :( you see my singing days are over due to chronic obstructive lung disease :noexpression: I shall be there though in any case although not contributing a lot to the noise level.

Its open to all or not at all, I thought. :dunno:

SORRY THAT I WONT BE WELCOME ON SATURDAY :( you see my singing days are over due to chronic obstructive lung disease :noexpression: I shall be there though in any case although not contributing a lot to the noise level.

I don't think wilksi was referring to you at all. Would you have moaned and gave us noisy chaps a dodgy look? i don't think so. I think you've taken his comments the wrong way!

Well said. The Hull game was much better in there. I had people near me moaning they couldn't see the game cos of big George and also people moaning at the players instead of supporting them. If they don't like what the EE is all about then don't ###### come in there and try and ruin it for us.

I don't think wilksi was referring to you at all. Would you have moaned and gave us noisy chaps a dodgy look? i don't think so. I think you've taken his comments the wrong way!

Nah I never moan :innocent06: I can still be noisy but not quite as noisy as 40,30,20,10, and even a few years back;

You lot go for it thats what its about; We are the East End :dancing6::banana::drunk2::farmer:

no need to SHOUT...

If you moan about the support/flag/general crazyness of having a laugh and look at the singers/us as scum, then your not welcome.

If not then your more than welcome.. as long as you bounce around the ground...

Seems ludicrous that now when the East End support is most needed the regulars are saying its going missing when virtually everything on this thread could be sorted by sales in advance starting now for Norwich, Wolves and Stoke and allowing season ticket holders who have transferred for next season in now.

I am an East End season ticket holder and I actually thought that it wasn't that bad last night considering it was used as overflow, at least a good percentage stood all game, The Barnsley game earlier this season when there was a similar number in there was far worse in terms of noise and large numbers of floating fans sat in silence all game.

Hopefully next season will be great full of like minded people, I would urge all the people on this board who sit in the other stands that moan about people not joining in with songs etc to come and join us in the east end next season.

Come on you Reds!

Archived