IGNORED

Team V Plymouth

Bristol Boy

Assuming LJ's Out

.................BASSO...........

ORR..........VASKO........CAREY..................MCALLISTER..........

WILSON.....ELLIOTT......CARLE..................MCINDOE..

.................NOBLE............

.................ADEBOLA.....................

SUBS

WEALE

BYFIELD

SKUSE

MCCOMBE

TRUNDLE or SPROULE

On Loan:Henderson,Russell, Brooker, JMW,Keogh, Showunmi

Injured:Johnson

Rested:Fontaine, Murray

Not likely, but is Wilson an option in the centre? He's played there for the reserves before, and dominated games by all accounts. Never played there for the first team though so I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

I reckon Sproule'll be back in on Saturday.

I also think Sproule will be back in - Halmosi, the left winger, is Plymouth's most dangerous player with many assists and a few goals recently. Other teams are wary of Sproules pace down the right side and won't want their left back exposed one v one, playing Sproule will mean Halmosi will have to track back more and play a bit deeper.

CR

Its gotta be skuse for me with elliot. then either noble or carle with them. carle cant play in LJs position, he commits himself in tackles and it appears no one has any real confidence in his defending.

if we play him we should play him as the more advanced one of the central 3.

i think in the 451 weve always looked best with LJ, Carle and elliot tight together. they can dominate centre mid, play their little triangles and look to feed the wingers as much as possible. LJs like the QB, elliot the destroyer and Carle showing a bit of flair.

If we play noble,elliot and carle wthey will all be arriving late in the box and no one will know who is meant to stay back.

thats why i reckon skuse has to replace LJ if hes out. doesnt hae anywhere near the passing range but at least he will defend 1st, let marvin and carle get forward

Tough call for this game, various players blowing hot and cold at present.

Personally, i worry about Vasko. He is either excellent or a liability and he doesn't appear to deal with movement particularly well. With Carey back in the side, i would rather see McCombe recalled alongside him unless his injury rules him out. he has been inspirational in the previous few games and deserves to remain in the side.

I'd turf Orr out of the side, and put the more reliable Wilson back to right back, recalling Sproule who terrorised Plymouth at their place.

Without Johnson, we lacked spark on Tuesday, so for me Carle and Noble will both need to be included, with Dele up top.

Basso

Wilson

McCombe

Carey

McAllister

Sproule

Elliott

Carle

Noble

McIndoe

Adebola.

Weale

Vasko

Skuse

Byfield

Trundle

ASSUMING JOHNSON AND MCCOMBE ARE INJURED

BASSO

ORR

CAREY

VASKO

MCALLASTER

SPROULE

CARLE

ELLIOT

MCINDOE

TRUNDLE

ADEBOLA

SUBS:

WEALE

BYFIELD

SKUSE / NOBLE

FONTAINE

WILSON

A game we need to win I think and I agree with this team. It's about time LT got a chance behind Dele. Noble for me is not the out and out scoring type as proved Tuesday and we need a striker to take positions he was in and shoot and LT will give us that.

A game we need to win I think and I agree with this team. It's about time LT got a chance behind Dele. Noble for me is not the out and out scoring type as proved Tuesday and we need a striker to take positions he was in and shoot and LT will give us that.

And LT is the "out and out scoring type"??!!

Shoot - LT ?

I honestly can't remember the last time he got in a shot on target that brought a save from the keeper.

4-5-1 keep it tight, and bring on Byfield last 30 mins when the game opens up a bit.

I would expect GJ to go for Carle and Elliott in central m/f with Noble again in the hole -assuming LJ doesn't make it - but I think I would prefer Skuse and Elliott with Carle behind Dele.

I also can't see what is to be gained by leaving Brooker at Cheltenham any longer, I'd rather see Brooker coming off the bench for the last 30 than either LT or Byfield. Dele has looked shattered recently towards the end of the games after all the running he does, Brooks could take some of the physical load, & hold up play - plus we know that if Brooks gets it in the box he does have the ability to hold off the defender, turn, and fire it into the bottom corner!!

CR

I do feel we need to be a 'tad' more positive at home now...

Sproule must start in my opinion and should have come on earlier against Watford.

Byfield should also start to get on the end of Dele's flicks and Carle's through balls..Nobes did well but I think should make way for him..

Wilson did very well in Orr's absence but I feel is not a complete right winger. Louis & Liam at Centre Back.

A win on saturday would be absolutely massive.

Assuming LJ's Out

....BASSO...........

ORR..........VASKO........CAREY.....MCALLISTER..........

WILSON.....ELLIOTT......CARLE.....MCINDOE..

....NOBLE............

....ADEBOLA........

SUBS

WEALE

BYFIELD

SKUSE

MCCOMBE

TRUNDLE or SPROULE

On Loan:Henderson,Russell, Brooker, JMW,Keogh, Showunmi

Injured:Johnson

Rested:Fontaine, Murray

How about we play the best right winger at the club...Scott Murray?

I wish we'd play 2 strikers up front.

The way we played 4-4-1-1 on tuesday meant we basically played with 10 men for all the support Adebola was getting.

If you don't support the man on his own up front, then its pointless.

Never been a fan of this formation at home, it works away because teams come at you but at home they're more likely to settle for a point.

The way we played 4-4-1-1 on tuesday meant we basically played with 10 men for all the support Adebola was getting.

Never been a fan of this formation at home, it works away because teams come at you but at home they're more likely to settle for a point.

Completely agree.

We need a win and Dele has looked tired in his last 2 games and to be honest needs help upfront. Our attacking mid feilders are not getting up quickly enough to support the loan striker.

Give Trundle a start upfront with Dele, don't play him on the left or in the hole play him upfront!!!

Completely agree.

We need a win and Dele has looked tired in his last 2 games and to be honest needs help upfront. Our attacking mid feilders are not getting up quickly enough to support the loan striker.

Give Trundle a start upfront with Dele, don't play him on the left or in the hole play him upfront!!!

The only reason I would start with LT is that he was awesome against them at there place which must

give him a bit of confidence.

The only reason I would start with LT is that he was awesome against them at there place which must

give him a bit of confidence.

A fair point but, playing devils advocate, you could have used the same argument for bringing Enoch back for the Watford game.

Not likely, but is Wilson an option in the centre? He's played there for the reserves before, and dominated games by all accounts. Never played there for the first team though so I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

Played in the hole as a sub at Burnley and looked good

I also think Sproule will be back in - Halmosi, the left winger, is Plymouth's most dangerous player with many assists and a few goals recently.

So why not play a better defensive player like Wilson who could help Orr stop Halmosi?

Other teams are wary of Sproules pace down the right side and won't want their left back exposed one v one, playing Sproule will mean Halmosi will have to track back more and play a bit deeper.

The problem with that theory is that Sproule hasn't been a threat very often and Wilson is a better defender, crosser of the ball and just as likely to score-that is, unlikely!!

CR

I can't believe that after 38 games we're still having people think Trundle is a gal threat and a goal scorer AND can play in a position that he's nevr played before :disapointed2se:

I do feel we need to be a 'tad' more positive at home now...

Agree

Sproule must start in my opinion and should have come on earlier against Watford.

And what has Sproule done lately in terms of goals & assists? Granted he was better at Leicester but that was from the bench.

Byfield should also start to get on the end of Dele's flicks and Carle's through balls..

Hasn't happened yet. Of Byfield's 8 goals, 6 have come from te bench and when he's started in a 4-4-2, especially with LT, we haven't won

Nobes did well but I think should make way for him..

Why?

Wilson did very well in Orr's absence but I feel is not a complete right winger.

He's more of an up & downer I'll agree, but he'll contribute more overall and Sproule's had a great run in the side whilst acheiving very little

How about we play the best right winger at the club...Scott Murray?

At 34 he can only do 20 mins appx as an impact player and I'd have him in the squad in front of Sproule-GJ won't.

It worked well enough when we beat Sheff Utd 2-0 in one of our best performances of the season-If we sign Eto' & Henry tomorrow e can play two up front until then,-- is by far the most succesful formation and suits the players we have.

Completely agree.

We need a win and Dele has looked tired in his last 2 games and to be honest needs help upfront.

We played 4-4-2 at Leicester and looked poor

Our attacking mid feilders are not getting up quickly enough to support the loan striker

Agree

He's had plenty of chances and what's going to change

The only reason I would start with LT is that he was awesome against them at there place which must give him a bit of confidence.

Clutching at straws

Archived