IGNORED

Lee Johnson

BITW

I'm not going to get all negative afterall we are still second and only by goal difference. However, a player often criticised on here, Lee Johnson was sorely missed today IMO. I'm not saying we would of won if he played or whatever but his absence showed in todays performance. We did create some chances, but I feel we definatly missed his creativety and delivery. I felt today just goes to show what LJ does actually offer this team and what a good player he is. I hope he makes a speedy recovery... :fingerscrossed:

Anyway heres for a win at Baaaddiff on saturday :englandsmile4wf::fingerscrossed:

I'm not going to get all negative afterall we are still second and only by goal difference. However, a player often criticised on here, Lee Johnson was sorely missed today IMO. I'm not saying we would of won if he played or whatever but his absence showed in todays performance. We did create some chances, but I feel we definatly missed his creativety and delivery. I felt today just goes to show what LJ does actually offer this team and what a good player he is. I hope he makes a speedy recovery... :fingerscrossed:

Anyway heres for a win at Baaaddiff on saturday :englandsmile4wf::fingerscrossed:

I have to disagree I'm afraid. I do rate Johnson, and would have him in my team all the time...but today, we got found out big time. All season we have said we need a good striker, but thanks to our defence we have got through. Today our defence was breached, and it was a game when we needed to score goals.....and it never looked like happening

Guest Eamer

We definately missed Johnson in the centre but even with him out the manager needs to get the team right. Today I don't think Gary Johnson got it right.

One of the major athings we missed with Johnson injured was quality free kicks and corners. He takes most of the set pieces. Today McIndoe had a good game but seemed to rush some corners and we threw away some good set piece opportunities without Johnson's delivery.

We definately missed Johnson in the centre but even with him out the manager needs to get the team right. Today I don't think Gary Johnson got it right.

think it was a mistake dropping vasko, esp with a big bloke like fallon, thought defence, and afraid to say carey looked a bit below par, but yet againfor all the possesion never looked like scoring in the first half, and took about 30 mins before we had our first shot.

I don't think we missed him all that much, if you'd have played Lj in that strange formation that we started with today which wasn't a 4-4-2 i'm not entirely sure what it was but it was not that, wilson was so narrow it was untrue, which either means he's forgotten how to play on the right hand side, or he was a right sided centre midfielder in a 3 with Elliot and Carle with mcindoe pushed forward almost like a 3rd striker.

think johnson just got his tactics wrong on the day and too many players didn't turn up to make it work. it was obvious after the first 20 minutes that Fallon was taking the mick basically out of carey and Fontaine who won nothing against him all day, and we did nothing to remedy that and paid the price in the second half where we could have gone from being 1 down to winning the game, but he caused havoc in the box and got himself another goal because of it.

We missed some of Lj's set piece ability but we still put in a lot of quality set pieces but Plymouth defended well and at times desperatley like we have at times this season.

It was a bad day at the office for many players today, mcallister was caught ball watching on many occasions and was generally poor in my view, the first goal was in many ways down to his ball watching and their number 7 had his number all game, but with micindoe either himself electing to push up or being told to push up he along with Orr were both horribly exposed, and while orr is more than capable defensively to deal with it Mcallister is not. elliot was annoymous for most of the game, and may as well not have been there. Byfield looked hugely innefective for most of the game, Carey and Fontaine were fine containing Easter which they did well but Fallon who was playing very deep (not sure if he usually does, if he doesn't a great piece of tactical wizardry from sturrock) and neither of our centre backs could cope with him running late into the box.

We just wern't at the races today (it happens) and deserved preety much what we got. Which with the added bonus of results going our way i don't think is a bad thing at all. We looked from the off like a side more concerned with keeping an unbeaten run intact than actually winning a game, which is the danger with unbeaten run, often not loosing becomes more important than actually winning the game. Now it's gone and we can go out at cardiff more concerned with winning than not losing.

Thought we badly missed him tbh. We weren't the same on Tuesday when he went off, and we looked a different side today. Fingers crossed for a speedy return

Well you must have watched a different game to me on Tuesday then. Carle showed in 45 minutes what a midfielders job is,not just passing but tackling.

I was not overly impressed by Carle today - Lots of running but not a great deal of quality, nor tackling.

thought he was a good shout for man of the match personally,

keeps the ball very well and very rarely puts a pass wrong or wastes possesion, in the first half especially he was FANTASTIC.

after his debut, probably his best personal performance

thought he was a good shout for man of the match personally,

keeps the ball very well and very rarely puts a pass wrong or wastes possesion, in the first half especially he was FANTASTIC.

after his debut, probably his best personal performance

Agreed, and he won more than his fair share of tackles.

Strange though how alot of the time Eliott was pushed forward and Carle left to protect the back 4, especially evident when being attacked on the counter.

Very odd, and not clever.

i think carle played well just as good as johnson plays imo

Carle was fine but you cant compare him to Johnson today because he played a different role . Johnson links the play so well, we are a much faster flowing team when he is in the side.

We defo need him back for the run in, he also allows Elliot to go out and destroy the oppo in his own special way :rolleyes: because he sits and holds in the midfield area.

I could not agree more. Whilst I am one of the "glass half full's" and still over the moon with our season, I though we struggled today against a mediocre side. For me this was due to one reason and one reason alone. - The fact that LJ was missing!

Week in week out LJ has always made himself available to the back four to pick up the ball and distribute. His link up play is absoultely first class but because the odd pass goes astray the LJ haters crucify him.

Today I counted about 20 times the Luis and Liam hoofed the ball long becasue there was no LJ to take it off them and link the play. He was quite simply sorely missed.

However you will never get people to agree becasue there is such an obvious hatred of him with some people because of who he is.

Casing point - on Tues night when he returned from the bench to the changing room on his crutches. I was sat in Block C (Atyeo) and together with a lot of the loyals up behind me I stood up and applauded him down to the tunnel shouting his name. When I did this I got plenty of filthy looks aorund me and one guy even said "i don't know what you're clapping him for"

It's still there and always will be - they have just been a bit quiet lately becasue he's been playing so well.

Can't get him back in the team quick enough if you ask me!

I thought we badly missed LJ today. The midfield were too static, there was little movement. That was one of the problems throughout the team, lack of movement.

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with Carle although I will say that he had to do the role of 2 midfielders today because of how poor Elliott was. In fact I would blame Elliott for both goals. He was completely off the pace today and for the 1st time this season it was obvious he could do a rest.

I left the ground feeling that was it for automatic but heard the other scores and now feel we can still do it..

BELIEVE... I DO!

Yes, we did miss LJ, his set piece delivery and ability to keep us ticking over were both solely missed, Carle huffed and puffed but one good shot aside achieved not much.

Eliott was very poor today, we know he has played when not 100% and it must be crossing GJ's mind now to think about turning to Skuse to give him a deserved rest.

Not really it was his poor pass or control (I can't remember which) which gifted them the chance to get, from NOTHING the corner where Elliott took out Basso when they scored.

Watch the championship tomorrow to see what I mean!

Someone somewhere has to make a mistake whenever a goal is scored. Elliot has been BRILLIANT all season so lets not start getting petty over one mistake eh.

I have to disagree with that we missed Johnson, Carle has not got the same class. Roll on the comments from the Johnson haters

Carle has not got the same class? You must have seen a different game to me. He was one of our better players, Lots of running, good passing and some good work defensively. I thought he slotted in very well in Johnsons absence. What we did miss was Johnson's set piece delivery. It would appear that he is the only right footed person in the team that has the ability to take a half decent set piece.

Archived