IGNORED

Very Fortunate...

SimplyRed

No great damage done, fortunately.

We think we've got problems when Albion lose 4-1 at home to Leicester!

Having said that, I thought we deserved a point today, but sloppy defending cost us.

We dominated the game for long periods but had nothing to show for it, as we've done in many previous games.

I'm not convinced about the calls for Brooker to return, but we definitely need something to spark our attack because, apart from when we were chasing the game in the last few minutes after the pen, our final ball is severely lacking.

Disappointed, but not dejected. It's till there for the taking, but every game becomes more important now.

Well we've got away with it lots of times this season but not today, and to be fair Plymouth deserved it. Our defense wasnt up to its usual standard today and Louis had a teriible time vs Fallon.

Was really suprised that Vasko was dropped as he did do well against henderson, maybe he would have coped better with Fallon?? :dunno:

Carle?? well hes got a lot to do for me. Pete And GJ obviously like him but he looks like he's got one trick ,doesnt get past the ball, made no telling pass's at all, is totally totally one footed and lacks the technique to shoot with his good foot.

Apart from that he did ok..... :blink:

We didn't just deserve a point, we deserved all 3, I don't think they deserved 2 goals, and we created enough chances for 4.

Were playing the football to go up as champions, we've got the finishing prowess of a relegation certainity. Its the goals that will cost us promotion if anything does.

We're in the horrible situation now that we probably can't get in another striker, because it will send out the message our current bunch aren't good enough, but we need another one to get the goals for promotion. Its not a good position to be in.

As a side question does anyone know who loaned Lita, I think it was a rival, but I can't remember who; on the other hand, if he wasn't loaned out, and it turns out I dreamt it, does anyone have the number of a good therapist.

Back to why I replyed to this, rather than starting my own brilliant thread; I can't stand it when people give the impression we were lucky becaue results went our way. I see it as just as unlucky. I see it as a mathamatical certainity that we will need at least 80 points to go up, just because teams didn't pick up the points today, they'll do it another time, we're not going to get away with keeping on losing. I think its a far bigger shame that we didn't win today, and could look at the other results and think, 'hell yeah' we're 3 points clear of the rest of the league, and no one can catch us with their games in hand. As it is we've got to go to Cardiff and get a result, (really read result as win), I think in a strange way the results going our way, puts more pressure on Cardiff I don't know why though.

We didn't just deserve a point, we deserved all 3, I don't think they deserved 2 goals, and we created enough chances for 4.

Were playing the football to go up as champions, we've got the finishing prowess of a relegation certainity. Its the goals that will cost us promotion if anything does.

We're in the horrible situation now that we probably can't get in another striker, because it will send out the message our current bunch aren't good enough, but we need another one to get the goals for promotion. Its not a good position to be in.

As a side question does anyone know who loaned Lita, I think it was a rival, but I can't remember who; on the other hand, if he wasn't loaned out, and it turns out I dreamt it, does anyone have the number of a good therapist.

Back to why I replyed to this, rather than starting my own brilliant thread; I can't stand it when people give the impression we were lucky becaue results went our way. I see it as just as unlucky. I see it as a mathamatical certainity that we will need at least 80 points to go up, just because teams didn't pick up the points today, they'll do it another time, we're not going to get away with keeping on losing. I think its a far bigger shame that we didn't win today, and could look at the other results and think, 'hell yeah' we're 3 points clear of the rest of the league, and no one can catch us with their games in hand. As it is we've got to go to Cardiff and get a result, (really read result as win), I think in a strange way the results going our way, puts more pressure on Cardiff I don't know why though.

Lita is at Charlton subbed on 82 minutes 3 matches and 0 goals so far. So he hasnt done the business. Also Kuqi got carried off injured for Ipswich today and he only signed on loan yesterday.

Guest Eamer

We were more than fortunate today the way the results went today. We really need to be putting our chances away and today our strikers found it hard enough to get a shot on target let alone score. Too many times we got in good positions only for McAllister or Orr to cross it in, Adebola to get his head on it then Douglas to gather it up. Wilson was useless in the first half and was trying to get into the middle and then up front. He really is a headless chicken type of player. Byfield though looked lazy and wasn't chasing the ball around like he should be.

If West Brom would have won today and the Stoke/Watford game wasn't a draw we'd be in a much worse position. Cardiff is a must win game.

Lita is at Charlton subbed on 82 minutes 3 matches and 0 goals so far. So he hasnt done the business. Also Kuqi got carried off injured for Ipswich today and he only signed on loan yesterday.

...and thats the telling point surely. Of all those mentioned Lita's prob got best goals/game ratio but what've Charlton done since they got him? gone backwards fast. No-one comes with guarantees. Of course it will be lack of goals that will be the cause of not going up, if we don't but thats true of everyone, if you score 2/3 each game you'll always win the league. If youve got a striker who score 30 goals you prob will as well ... but finding that player, and playing a system with him that scores those goals, welll thats football. were in the top two now cus we got more points than 22 other clubs doing what weve done ... panicing now wont achieve anything.... keep believing!

...and thats the telling point surely. Of all those mentioned Lita's prob got best goals/game ratio but what've Charlton done since they got him? gone backwards fast. No-one comes with guarantees. Of course it will be lack of goals that will be the cause of not going up, if we don't but thats true of everyone, if you score 2/3 each game you'll always win the league. If youve got a striker who score 30 goals you prob will as well ... but finding that player, and playing a system with him that scores those goals, welll thats football. were in the top two now cus we got more points than 22 other clubs doing what weve done ... panicing now wont achieve anything.... keep believing!

Which is exactly why I think its too late to bring in a player now with 7 games left. If we were going to sign a player it would have been in January and we brought in Adebola and hes done ok. I don't think the strikers should be blamed for it all, as like ive said previously in another thread we need the quality balls into the box and thats not happening consistently enough. Tuesdays reserve game will be interesting. Perhaps the answers there!!

Archived