IGNORED

Thoughts On Yesterday Having Seen Highlights On Itv

headhunter

Include Noble in the hole next time and drop Byfield. Play Sproule on the right wing and use Wilson at full back or not at all. Rest Elliott until he is properly fit, the last few games he has not looked any more effective than Skuse would. Recall Brooker first thing tomorrow and put him on the bench next game for the simple reason that there is nothing to lose by doing so and everything to possibly gain.

Agreed. Wilson is a right-back and nothing else. Noble should be play at Cardiff providing he's fit and LJ isn't but personally I'd put him in the middle with Trundle just in front of him. Elliott does look unfit, maybe time for a rest. Brooker should be at least on the bench next game as Dele looks f*cked as well.

Agreed. Wilson is a right-back and nothing else. Noble should be play at Cardiff providing he's fit and LJ isn't but personally I'd put him in the middle with Trundle just in front of him. Elliott does look unfit, maybe time for a rest. Brooker should be at least on the bench next game as Dele looks f*cked as well.

I'd definitely start with Brooker alongside Dele to confirm our attacking intent. However, if Gary doesn't wish to recall Steve then rather than try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear he should repeatedly ask that nice ex-City boss, Roy Hodgson until his ears bleed to loan us David Healy for the remainder of this season.

My thoughts...

We had the lion's share of possession and our approach play was great. There was no shortage of effort.

We screwed up the final ball and lacked any sort of goalscoring threat around the 6 yard box.

Plymouth might have had a few on target shots statistically but they only had maybe three decent chances and scored two of them.

Elliott isn't fit nor playing anywhere near as well as he was earlier this season.

Leaving Vasko out after a MoM performance against a team with a decent header of the ball up front was a mistake.

Leaving Noble out after being one of our better players against Watford and including Byfield who was pretty anonymous and rarely seems to play well was a mistake.

Carle did OK in the centre but still hasn't scored or created a goal.

Our set piece delivery suffered greatly with Johnson's absence.

McAllister as man of the match seemed to suggest to me that the sponsors feel everyone should have a chance at winning it.

Adebola is looking like the "only plays one game in four" player that Coventry fans described him as.

Wilson tucks in too much, and this was exacerbated by McIndoe seemingly playing behind the front two instead of wide.

So for the next match...

Stick to the 4411 that has got us results not the 442 that hasn't. It's too late to change now.

Include Noble in the hole next time and drop Byfield. Play Sproule on the right wing and use Wilson at full back or not at all. Rest Elliott until he is properly fit, the last few games he has not looked any more effective than Skuse would. Recall Brooker first thing tomorrow and put him on the bench next game for the simple reason that there is nothing to lose by doing so and everything to possibly gain.

Can't disagree with any of that and didn't in the R&R

he should repeatedly ask that nice ex-City boss, Roy Hodgson until his ears bleed to loan us David Healy for the remainder of this season.

That's who i would try and get in, a striker who can make a goal out of nothing. Don't think our strikers are missing chances, just not getting enough of them. :dunno:

That's who i would try and get in, a striker who can make a goal out of nothing. Don't think our strikers are missing chances, just not getting enough of them. :dunno:

a confident trundle could do that, and after the pen on saturday, looked like his confidence had return, he hasn't been willing to take risks for a while, whereas after the goal he seemed to raise his game

a confident trundle could do that, and after the pen on saturday, looked like his confidence had return, he hasn't been willing to take risks for a while, whereas after the goal he seemed to raise his game

If LT is going to come good, there would be no better place to do it than at Cardiff :yes:

Archived