IGNORED

The Big West Country Derby

norwichrobin

Think the media/plym have gone a bit over the top with the plymouth game? don't even consider it a derby myself (do you?) Not going to go into work or the pub and be hammered by plymouth taunts, think its more of a case of no one likes US we don't care. Probably have more history with say millwall, is that a derby now? Along with cheltenham, yeovil, exeter, sindon couldnt care less about them (reading also seems to be built up like a derby game!!!). Any thoughts lads and lasses??

Proper derby vs cardiff thats why scotty and trunds, carey (in my opinion) gotta be big players, how many of the current squad realise its the manu - liverpool of the lower divisions. Oh yes, qpr hate us as well someone thats a derby now then!!

Think the media/plym have gone a bit over the top with the plymouth game? don't even consider it a derby myself (do you?) Not going to go into work or the pub and be hammered by plymouth taunts, think its more of a case of no one likes US we don't care. Probably have more history with say millwall, is that a derby now? Along with cheltenham, yeovil, exeter, sindon couldnt care less about them (reading also seems to be built up like a derby game!!!). Any thoughts lads and lasses??

Proper derby vs cardiff thats why scotty and trunds, carey (in my opinion) gotta be big players, how many of the current squad realise its the manu - liverpool of the lower divisions. Oh yes, qpr hate us as well someone thats a derby now then!!

For me, the only true 'derby' is against Rovers. Like it or lump it, there's no way around it. Cardiff is 40 miles away and in a different country. Grudge match yes, biggest and nearest rivals yes, derby no. Plymouth? Their derby would be against Torquay/Exeter for my money- not us. How long does it take to get to Plymouth from Bristol for goodness sake. A Derby it aint, but another grudge match it is.

We have no Derbies on this division.

MM

I can tell you from driving straight from the game down to Liskeard that it ain't no derby.

Maybe I was lulled into thinking it was a close rival by the media but it took absolutely flipping ages driving at 90mph on the M5 to come anywhere near Plymouth!!!

You not only reach the end of the M5 but then get on the A38 for ages too.

I can see why they see us as a derby - because there is a **** all down there!!

It ain't no derby game.

I can tell you from driving straight from the game down to Liskeard that it ain't no derby.

Maybe I was lulled into thinking it was a close rival by the media but it took absolutely flipping ages driving at 90mph on the M5 to come anywhere near Plymouth!!!

You not only reach the end of the M5 but then get on the A38 for ages too.

I can see why they see us as a derby - because there is a **** all down there!!

It ain't no derby game.

Totally agree mate, don't forget we have another big derby "best in the West" game coming up v southampton!!!!!!

Surely this is more of a derby for plymouth?????

For me, the only true 'derby' is against Rovers. Like it or lump it, there's no way around it. Cardiff is 40 miles away and in a different country. Grudge match yes, biggest and nearest rivals yes, derby no. Plymouth? Their derby would be against Torquay/Exeter for my money- not us. How long does it take to get to Plymouth from Bristol for goodness sake. A Derby it aint, but another grudge match it is.

Only one true derby to ignite a true sense of passion - the Sags

Cardiff perhaps next best but not Plymouth or even Swindon :disapointed2se:

Only one true derby to ignite a true sense of passion - the Sags

Cardiff perhaps next best but not Plymouth or even Swindon :disapointed2se:

I regard Cardiff as a game with that nasty bite to it, much worse than a Bristol derby.

I know many followers of the blue few from school, sunday morning football etc etc.

Until I went to university I'd near ever met a Cardiff fan.

The unfamiliarity of them and some recent history leads me to describe that game as "derby-like" with a nasty edge.

Plus I know from the Cardiff fellas I know, that it isn't just our club, they dislike Bristol, England, everything about us and where we come from.

I think it's more of a derby to Plymouth than it is to us.

Special mention goes to the Plymouth fans in the Lounge before the game who were lucky they were being loud and obnoxious in the Lounge rather than one of the more partisan City pubs in Bedminster. Strange looking blokes, aswell. :noexpression:

Ashton Gate to Ninian Park - 45 miles

Old trafford to Anfield - 28 miles

A lot closer, I only see Cardiff as a Wales v England derby, however everyone in the media will call it a derby so i guess it must be

Ashton Gate to Ninian Park - 45 miles

Old trafford to Anfield - 28 miles

A lot closer, I only see Cardiff as a Wales v England derby, however everyone in the media will call it a derby so i guess it must be

is city brentford, closer than city plymouth?, howd you do that mileage thing!!

According to World Comm on Saturday it is 118.8 miles from ground to ground, I'd have thought Southampton would have been nearer to them.

Cardiff is the match for me, hate them with a passion and we haven't lost to them in the League for 30 odd years I think.

Excellent, I too don't count that 0-1 from the play offs either.

If you forget about it long enough then it never happened!!

Hope we beat this lot!

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Think the media/plym have gone a bit over the top with the plymouth game? don't even consider it a derby myself (do you?)

Ashton Gate - Home Park = 120 miles. Ashton Gate - Griffin Park = 108 Miles so no I do not consider Plymuff a derby, but then I'm not a London based journo.

IF City get promoted, our nearest game next season will be Pompey.

I regard Cardiff as a game with that nasty bite to it, much worse than a Bristol derby.

I know many followers of the blue few from school, sunday morning football etc etc.

Until I went to university I'd near ever met a Cardiff fan.

The unfamiliarity of them and some recent history leads me to describe that game as "derby-like" with a nasty edge.

Plus I know from the Cardiff fellas I know, that it isn't just our club, they dislike Bristol, England, everything about us and where we come from.

Harsh Very Harsh

They should learn to at least Like us at least a little bit

Archived