IGNORED

How Long To Baadiff On The Coach?

we8gas

can agree.......ON THE FIELD - one of the best away's days in recent years, OFF THE FIELD......less said the better

Firstly I'm SURE there was but i seen no trouble!!!

That day was what following football is all about......

Going to someone elses city, On edge!! The buzz was amazing, walking through cardiff wondering what was going to happen next!!

2,000 of us packed in the stand giving and getting banter all game, the atmosphere was electric!!!

And the joy when we scored and Murray running down the wing with is hand to his ear!! HAPPY DAYS

So I'm not a TRUE city fan??????

One word.........

MUPPET!!!!!!!!!!!

For someone who professes how many grounds he visits and watches the city play at every week in his signature, BUT, wont get on a coach to watch City play cardiff in one of the biggest games of the season. Just get over it.

Who's the MUPPET?

:handbags:

For someone who professes how many grounds he visits and watches the city play at every week in his signature, BUT, wont get on a coach to watch City play cardiff in one of the biggest games of the season. Just get over it.

Who's the MUPPET?

:handbags:

I have been to Cardiff many times......

For you to say I'm not a true fan just because I'm sick of football fans being treated like the scum of the earth is shocking really!!!

I have been to Cardiff many times......

For you to say I'm not a true fan just because I'm sick of football fans being treated like the scum of the earth is shocking really!!!

It seems TRUE that your taking this a tad personal mate. Perhaps the capital letters upset you.

I too have been to Cardiff many times, but my point is that we have to go by coach and there is nothing that moaning will do about it. I hate the fact we have to travel by coach immensely, especially as I live in Cardiff, but i'll do whatever it takes to go and support my team. Especially as the team needs all the support it can get and if that means getting on a coach for 2 hours to travel 2 miles.....well thats fine by me.

I have only just realised that the coaches leaves AG at 11.15am. What time do you think we will be at there shed? I thought Baadiff was only a hour away which means we have to wait in there ground for 2 1/2 hours?

From experience of previous trips to Cardiff and Swansea on these civil-liberties-infringing-rights-of-the-law-abiding-football-supporter here's what will happen:

- The coach wont leave at 11.15, it will leave at getting on for midday, so you will have getting on for an hour of sitting on a coach at Ashton Gate wondering what the #####'s going on.

- The coach will travel to Cardiff at a maximum of 45mph, thereby turning a 45 minute journey into a one and a half hour journey

- You will arrive at Ninnian Park at around 1.30pm and you will stand around for an hour and a half in a in a concrete wind tunnel drinking crap beer (Tetleys, Worthington, etc) or crap cider (Strongbow) or crap lager (any) . That's if you're lucky (ie at the "Liberty" Stadium, Swansea). I think at Cardiff it may be no alcohol, so you will likely spend an hour and an half eating balti pies that taste like cardboard and drinking shite coffee.

- After the game you will be detained in the wind tunnel for getting on for an hour, then repeat process in reverse. The coaches will find a miraculous extra gear back to Bristol but still you will arrive back at Ashton Gate no earlier than 7pm.

Does anyone know which coach number the directors, etc - after all they're the ones that acquiesced in this arrangement with the police, so they must think its a good idea - are on? Because you might like to discuss these travel plans with the custodians of our club.

Please don't think I'm bitter or anything, after all why would I want to leave my house an hour later, still have time for a few beers just outside Cardiff, watch the game, and stop off with my mates and wives for a few more beers and a pub meal on the way home, or possibly have a night out in Cardiff, I mean that would be crap, wouldnt it?

Please don't think I'm bitter or anything, after all why would I want to leave my house an hour later, still have time for a few beers just outside Cardiff, watch the game, and stop off with my mates and wives for a few more beers and a pub meal on the way home, or possibly have a night out in Cardiff, I mean that would be crap, wouldnt it?

Agree with everything you say - the travel arrangements are rubbish,

But - thinking about it now - maybe the smart thing would have been to book on the coach pick up point at Cardiff services (coach 2). the coach stops at both Cardiff Gate (east of Cardiff, by the first exit) and Cardiff West services (by J.33) at 1pm.

So - could of been a drive over, a few beers at a pub in Cardiff until 12.15/12.30 and a quick drive up to the services & onto the coach. This would keep the time on the coach to the absolute minimum - then after the game you're first to be dropped at Cardiff services and free to track back into Cardiff or wherever!

If I'd realised the bus was picking up IN CARDIFF I'd probably have booked a seat but alas I've now made other plans - maybe next time...

CR

Archived