IGNORED

Owner

Black Sabbath

Do a search at Companies House.

I don't think its that easy. You can 'own' a company without being on the board of directors, its all about the shareholders. However, here is the information from companies house on the directors details (addresses obviously removed):

Company Number 03230871 Company Name BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Name Roger Pearce

Function Director

Appointment Date 01-06-2006

DOB 30-01-1948

Address

Present Appointments 3

Name Keith Dawe

Function Director

Appointment Date 24-03-1997

DOB 18-11-1950

Address

Present Appointments 36

Name Stephen Lansdown

Function Director

DOB 30-08-1952

Address

Present Appointments 18

Name Colin Sexstone

Function Director

DOB 02-07-1948

Address

Present Appointments 4

Name Robert Barr

Function Company Secretary

Appointment Date 22-10-1996

DOB 23-02-1958

Address

Present Appointments 16

BCFC Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bristol City Holdings Ltd.

Steve Lansdown is the majority shareholder and I think he and Keith Dawe together own somewhere north of 80%.

I believe the Gooch family still own a noticeable stake and the rest are small shareholders (fans).

It's impossible to find out the complete picture of ownership since this does not have to be disclosed but that's near enough unless something changed drastically in the last year.

Enquiries for buying shares go through Burgess Salmon I believe.

It would be nice to answer this question with 'the fans'.

In spirit we do own the football club as without us there would be no Bristol City FC. We are still faithfull to the club after players,managers,chairmen and 'owners' have been and gone.We are the one constant. Everything else changes.

But in real terms i.e money then its Lansdown and Dawe that are the owners.

Thanks for all the serious answers guys. I appreceiate the comments about the fans and that is the way it should be for sure but I was looking at it from a business angle thats all.

If you're thinking of a takeover, it'll be pretty difficult - you'll need one of the big two on your side.

The way to buy the club and force all the others to sell is to make a compulsory acquisition - which requires 90% of the shares - something impossible to do without the two large holders.

In my experience though, football clubs are far from an ideal acquisition for long term investment.

If you're thinking of a takeover, it'll be pretty difficult - you'll need one of the big two on your side.

The way to buy the club and force all the others to sell is to make a compulsory acquisition - which requires 90% of the shares - something impossible to do without the two large holders.

In my experience though, football clubs are far from an ideal acquisition for long term investment.

The ideal acquisition for long term investment is wellington boots, I just happen to have a very nice pair of green (slightly used) size 8 who's going to start the bidding?

The ideal acquisition for long term investment is wellington boots, I just happen to have a very nice pair of green (slightly used) size 8 who's going to start the bidding?

What a shame, had they have be 12's i would have laid all my money on the line. But i suppose i could stretch them, they are rubber after all, so i will start the bidding at a pair of socks so your feet don't get cold once ive won the boots!

I don't think its that easy. You can 'own' a company without being on the board of directors, its all about the shareholders. However, here is the information from companies house on the directors details (addresses obviously removed):

Company Number 03230871 Company Name BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Name Roger Pearce

Function Director

DOB 30-01-1948

Address

Present Appointments 3

Name Keith Dawe

Function Director

DOB 18-11-1950

Address

Present Appointments 36

Name Stephen Lansdown

Function Director

DOB 30-08-1952

Address

Present Appointments 18

Name Colin Sexstone

Function Director

DOB 02-07-1948

Address

Present Appointments 4

Name Robert Barr

Function Company Secretary

Appointment Date 22-10-1996

DOB 23-02-1958

Address

Present Appointments 16

Hey BRR, where did you get that information from may I ask?

I work for a Company that stores all of the England and Wales Company information and I administer the AS/400 iSeries it runs on. It's public information and some you can get free from our website.

MM

Archived