IGNORED

Rovers Fans Storming Out The Mem

Guest zider_head

Well personally I don't think we have the money for it and doubt we ever have. Moving to Cheltenham could kill the club financially and I think our board are starting to realise it. If I'd have had my way it would have been 18 months for Rovers at your place. I know how many of your supporters would be completely against the idea and I understand why but for us it was the only real option. I feel it sums up Bristol perfectly that we can have three successful sports teams getting around 30,000 at least between them watching sports every fortnight and only have two stadiums up to it. We should have three stadiums to be proud of but instead we have zero (I'm sorry the Gate was a good ground for its level 10 years ago but is now a bit tired). Bristol City Council should be embaressed that Rovers are in a situation 12 years after returning to Bristol that they and Bristol Rugby Club maybe moving away due to lack of facilities.

Agreed, should have 3 stadiums to be proud of, as you say. AG is a bit tired, we were going to do it up but now we have this new stadium plan it will do till then, the style of AG can make out for an intimidating place for people but there just isn't the fans there who want to sign to get behind the players. I always prefer away games TBH just all the singers together we can make a hell of a racket like we hopefully will on saturday against the cardiff.

It's a shame that it doesn't seem to be going you're way, but never say never, it can still happen, but i feel we will only have 2 stadiums to be proud of in bristol, where will Bristol Rugby club go?

Also i think it's common sense not to have city/rovers sharing a ground as both clubs have their idiots there would be trouble every week IMO and think both fans would be against a groundshare although it would get a bit of dosh for you i don't think you would sell out AG get around 10k i guess which would be okay finance wise

9 points off with 2 games in hand still, would have to be an all mighty c**k up. As for not ever having a chance tonight? Did you go? How did you find the game? Or are you just Gu-hess-a-ing?

No I didn't go, But did listen on the radio - which can be one sided and not always a true representation of the match! Sorry, but Before the match I would of put money on Rovers losing tonight (I don't Bet), even if I was a neutral -season form shows 2-0 or so was on the cards, I didn't think the ref on Sat was great against Plymouth for us, however our performance let us down more, and sadly from your posts it and some fans reaction it seems Rovers did too.

Your are right though unless I was present at the match, my opinion is just speculation!

Two of my mates are Sag ST's and they both said that it was a boring match and Rovers never looked like winning.

Another Sag ST friend of mine said that on Saturday vs Northampton he was tempted to walk out after 20 mins it was that crap. To put it in his words "All we seem to be doing at the moment is Lumping the ball up in the air" - nothing new there then

Two of my mates are Sag ST's and they both said that it was a boring match and Rovers never looked like winning.

Another Sag ST friend of mine said that on Saturday vs Northampton he was tempted to walk out after 20 mins it was that crap. To put it in his words "All we seem to be doing at the moment is Lumping the ball up in the air" - nothing new there then

I personally didn't think it was boring, although saying that we never looked like scoring, but what is new there this season.

Some of our approach play was good, but we are nowhere good enough in the final third, hence why we cant even think of a play off place.

There is not one team who is outstanding in this league, if we had one/two decent strikers I believe we would be up there challenging for promotion.

But your comment about the Northampton game was spot on, it was probably the worst home performance of the season.

Bristol City Council should be embaressed that Rovers are in a situation 12 years after returning to Bristol that they and Bristol Rugby Club maybe moving away due to lack of facilities.

Really, so even though you've had TWO planning applications granted, it's all their fault?

Great logic

Bristol City Council should be embaressed that Rovers...

No MB, this is just tiresome nonsense and does you zero credit.

Rovers have nobody to blame but themselves for their current plight. It's down to your board, nobody else.

By the way, if Gasheadm is looking for new lodgings, I'll happily put her up.

:wub:

Anyone else wondering why we're reading about that lot's events last night? :dunno:

I couldn't give a flying **** what Rennie was like or whether it was a pen or not. Fact is they lost, they couldn't hack it so went mental in the tunnel and are on a slide.

Remember their slide from the top of the league to seventh with 12 games to go a few seasons ago, it could be a similar slip towards League Two. :fingerscrossed::rofl2br:

Geoff Dunceford should be embaressed that Rovers are in a situation 12 years after returning to Bristol that they and Bristol Rugby Club maybe moving away due to lack of facilities.

Corrected your post for you.

All the council have done is try and help you (unsurprising since they're all gasheads and rugby fans). They've ridden roughshod over residents concerns and still you're not going to build it due to Mr Dunceford's gigantic ego causing the only directors you had with the faintest idea about how to finance this sort of project to be kicked out.

I have to say I did laugh quite a bit reading some saghead complaining that you lot have been looking for a ground for years so how come we were able to find space in Ashton to build one? The answer's simple - because we're PAYING for it - not expecting it for free.

Talked to a gashead just back from the Mem - he reckoned that Uriah Rennie was dreadfull. Didn't give a blantant pen for Rovers then awarded a pen against them after a 'perfectly good tackle that none of the Swansea players appealed for'

It was obviously his fault then.....

is your mate called Dave by any chance?

Well personally I don't think we have the money for it and doubt we ever have. Moving to Cheltenham could kill the club financially and I think our board are starting to realise it. If I'd have had my way it would have been 18 months for Rovers at your place. I know how many of your supporters would be completely against the idea and I understand why but for us it was the only real option. I feel it sums up Bristol perfectly that we can have three successful sports teams getting around 30,000 at least between them watching sports every fortnight and only have two stadiums up to it. We should have three stadiums to be proud of but instead we have zero (I'm sorry the Gate was a good ground for its level 10 years ago but is now a bit tired). Bristol City Council should be embaressed that Rovers are in a situation 12 years after returning to Bristol that they and Bristol Rugby Club maybe moving away due to lack of facilities.

You got planning to the build your ground its not the council fault if you havn't got the money to build it. Its not the council job to fund privatley own football clubs. The Gas has always used the council as a scapegoat to hide their on short comings when ruuning their club.

In contrast I am confidant City will also get planning consent to build the New Gate(the council is very keen to get more facilities in to South Bristol) and Lansdown will have all the finance and contracts sorted because he knows on to run a succesful bussiness unlike the milkman.

You got planning to the build your ground its not the council fault if you havn't got the money to build it. Its not the council job to fund privatley own football clubs. The Gas has always used the council as a scapegoat to hide their on short comings when ruuning their club.

In contrast I am confidant City will also get planning consent to build the New Gate(the council is very keen to get more facilities in to South Bristol) and Lansdown will have all the finance and contracts sorted because he knows on to run a succesful bussiness unlike the milkman.

spot on, City are grabbing the bulls by the horns and have found and purchased the land and are now looking at plans to build the stadium

Rovers have been going cap in hand time and time again to the council asking for hand out and "amendments" to the plans trying to get a free dinner, fact is....

they can't afford it.

Fair enough didn't catch that bit then.

How do you rate your chances of reaching the play offs?

its all about kicking us when were down...banter is a healthy thing as we know..and we all know we got 2 hopes of reaching the play offs...Bob Hope ..and No Hope..and we,ll always stick up for our team no matter what..just like you lot do...hey we should survive league one..thats success as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Lacing up the Doc Martens as we speak.

A couple of weeks ago the sags were so full of themselves, going to Wembley after beating West Brom, play-off push, new stadium etc.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, season all but over, crap support now and a distinct lack of any idea as to what is happening with the ground and wherever you might be squatting again.

6400 at home against the league leaders who brought what 900? So for that game you had under 6000 home fans, wow.

So why again is Cheltenham not big enough, considering that a much smaller percentage of your 'hardcore' fans would attend?

Sags eh, who'd have 'em? Thankfully not us.

:laugh::wub:

Hey maybe when we shack up you can tell me how you decided on the best user name on the forum :D

Well, I could be boring and say it was the only username that wasn't already taken when I registered on here about five years ago - and that is partly true.

However, the whle story is far more exciting than that.

I literally am an Apeman from Azerbaijan, well more accurately Nagorno Karabakh, but the territory's Azeri despite what those pesky Armenians say.

Anyway, there I was, living a solitary, hassle-free existence for thousands of years after being born from a stone egg (I had no parents you see) when the old Soviet Union collapses and a rather nasty ethnic conflict kicks off under me nose. As the Armenian seccesionist movement gathered momentum, I was flushed out of the mountainous heights by the bitter fighting and I decided it was time to get th hell out of Dodge.

So I summoned my cloud-trapeze, but unfortunately just as I was climbing, my cloud was hit by a sniper's bullet, sending my satellite navigation haywire, and instead of ending up in baku, I crash-landed in Bedminster.

As it turns out though, my grandfather was the Azeri linesman who awarded England their third goal in '66, so of course I was made to feel very welcome by the Bristolians. Unfortunately there were quite a few Armenians in the city, but as they tended to go to gas games, I naturally gravitated towards the City. And that was it, I was hooked.

I'm a naturalised WestCountryman now and I feel right at home. The locals are all pretty much like me, only hairier!

Well, I could be boring and say it was the only username that wasn't already taken when I registered on here about five years ago - and that is partly true.

However, the whle story is far more exciting than that.

I literally am an Apeman from Azerbaijan, well more accurately Nagorno Karabakh, but the territory's Azeri despite what those pesky Armenians say.

Anyway, there I was, living a solitary, hassle-free existence for thousands of years after being born from a stone egg (I had no parents you see) when the old Soviet Union collapses and a rather nasty ethnic conflict kicks off under me nose. As the Armenian seccesionist movement gathered momentum, I was flushed out of the mountainous heights by the bitter fighting and I decided it was time to get th hell out of Dodge.

So I summoned my cloud-trapeze, but unfortunately just as I was climbing, my cloud was hit by a sniper's bullet, sending my satellite navigation haywire, and instead of ending up in baku, I crash-landed in Bedminster.

As it turns out though, my grandfather was the Azeri linesman who awarded England their third goal in '66, so of course I was made to feel very welcome by the Bristolians. Unfortunately there were quite a few Armenians in the city, but as they tended to go to gas games, I naturally gravitated towards the City. And that was it, I was hooked.

I'm a naturalised WestCountryman now and I feel right at home. The locals are all pretty much like me, only hairier!

:noexpression: :laugh:

Nice story!! I'm local but hope I am not hairier than you!!! :o:D

Guest DrFaustus
Coles is a gaint willy, just like the bell end in your avitar. Sadly both have little between there ear's.

The irony of a semi-literate post from Ken accusing others of being lacking in cranial capacity, is sweet.

Archived