IGNORED

Nick Carle

trundle wheel

One of a number of money signings that the jury is still out on and, for me, his best game was his first at Palace.

Done no favours by GJ playing him right wing.

Trundle, Sproule, Carle-nearly £2m.Not VFM or convincing IMHO.

Trundle I agree but have a sneaking suspision he still has a big part to play this season, Sproule frustrates and goes missing like a lot of wingers but has played a massive part in our hugely successful season. Carle to me looks like he is going to be a good player for us. Lets not forget he has played just 1, yes only 1 game! in his favoured and most natural position of centre midfield and I personally thought he had a decent game.

Trundle I agree but have a sneaking suspision he still has a big part to play this season,

It's a long time coming but I hope you're right

Sproule frustrates and goes missing like a lot of wingers but has played a massive part in our hugely successful season.

2 goals & 2 assists in 29 Appearances? Whilst we've acheived nothing yet, it has been a succesful season, so far but as for IS being a "massive part"??

Carle to me looks like he is going to be a good player for us. Lets not forget he has played just 1, yes only 1 game! in his favoured and most natural position of centre midfield and I personally thought he had a decent game.

Decent game bit 11 games without a goal or assists concerns me.

I understand you're point BB.

Trunds.

For him, he hasn't played next to a big man which would give him more space as people would focus more on a player like dele or brooks then just trundle. We never looked dangerous with byfield and trunds upfront because they both don't hold the ball up, dele does, so surely time to give trunds a few games next to a target man?

Sproule

Turned Pro late, still learning his trade although if he had all of the atributes needed for a good winger he would be in the premiership. He needs better end product and positioning but I'm confident he will be a success.

Carle

Simply coming from another country, different style of play, different weather etc he is stil; adapting to the english lifestyle, but has shown good glimpses of being a great player for us, just hope he turns out to be a great player for us as he can be,

agree on most of those points,

Trundle - We haven't played him alongside a target man since we signed him and we have been crying out to play him with either Dele or Brooker, hopefully that will happen VERY soon, most likely on saturday, then is the fair time to really judge LT

Agree on Sproule, tecnically a GREAT player when he is feed the ball in the right positions, however tactically isn't the most aware, which as you say is partly due to him coming into a game late, you just want to sit him down with Murray for a few hours and show him how to play as a winger, feel he's tecnically a better player that Murray was in his prime, just needs to sort out his positioning at times.

Carle - I've said enough about him, good player, great potential just needs time to adjust, goals and assists will come in time, but already shown himself to be a more than valuable addition to improve the 1st team,.

BB - I agree that 2 assists in 29 for Sproule is not all that impressive, but for me its no less impressive than anybody else other than probably McIndoe. LJ as you earlier said - has 6 assists and 1 goal - He has played nearly every minute of every game and taken nearly every set piece. Are you saying he hasnt played a massive part in this season? I think he has as I do Sproule.

Its just been one of those funny seasons. On paper (By that I mean player stats) Nobody has really had an outstanding season but as a team, We have been superb.

agree on most of those points,

Trundle - We haven't played him alongside a target man since we signed him and we have been crying out to play him with either Dele or Brooker, hopefully that will happen VERY soon, most likely on saturday, then is the fair time to really judge LT

Agree on Sproule, tecnically a GREAT player when he is feed the ball in the right positions, however tactically isn't the most aware, which as you say is partly due to him coming into a game late, you just want to sit him down with Murray for a few hours and show him how to play as a winger, feel he's tecnically a better player that Murray was in his prime, just needs to sort out his positioning at times.

Carle - I've said enough about him, good player, great potential just needs time to adjust, goals and assists will come in time, but already shown himself to be a more than valuable addition to improve the 1st team,.

Agree with that SB, Good post.

Probably as OTT as you stating that Trundle isn't good enough in this league. :innocent06:

Seriously though, it was more a figure of speech saying "10 times". Lets just say a better player instead...

Member Collis seems to be good at figures of speech. Mind you, he's right. To the doubters I say just wait, Oh ye of little faith.

Archived