IGNORED

Nick Carle

trundle wheel

I for one have been well impressed with the guy since coming here. There are always views with skillful players that they can be lazy or go missing in games. This bloke doesn't do that and he is absolutely everywhere, chasing, tackling, spraying the ball about. I

ts always difficult when someone from abroad comes to play football over here and tries to adapt but he's doing it well. I salute the bloke and he will turn out to be a real asset for us! Well done Blue

Nice to see him get some praise on here.

I still can't believe that we are now in that position where we can attract players like Carle. You can tell he is a class act, his touch is sublime, he has pace and flair which is why he would not look out of place in the Prem.

Theres only one decent Aussie....

I still can't believe that we are now in that position where we can attract players like Carle. You can tell he is a class act, his touch is sublime, he has pace and flair which is why he would not look out of place in the Prem.

Yeah ?- Does that make the rest of us indecent , City supporters notwithstanding ?

Steady up there.my son is a decent Aussie.

One of only a few i must admit........:laugh:

Cummon U Reds

Carle has been involved in almost a dozen games since he joined City which gives us time to form an early opinion of how he's done.Bear in mind that he's never played in the English league before and it will take a while to get used to it.

He seems to put in a full shift and has a good engine but so far theres been not much end product.No goals yet and I can't think of any assists either (I may have missed some).

Hopefully creativity will come as he acclimatises to the CCC.

I don't think its fair to compare Carle with LJ......Yet.

LJ has had almost 2 full seasons in his midfield position and not been asked to play in three different positions. For part of last season and the first part of this season LJ was at best average. Since Carle has arrived LJ has improved a great deal.

If Carle had 2 seasons in the same position with the same team, then you could compare him to LJ. Give him similar opportunities and lets see how he compares.

One thing I have noticed with Carle, when he shoots he goes for placement rather than power. Thats cost him a goal or two imo, when he's been well positioned.

LJ has had almost 2 full seasons in his midfield position and not been asked to play in three different positions. For part of last season and the first part of this season LJ was at best average. Since Carle has arrived LJ has improved a great deal.

If Carle had 2 seasons in the same position with the same team, then you could compare him to LJ. Give him similar opportunities and lets see how he compares.

One thing I have noticed with Carle, when he shoots he goes for placement rather than power. Thats cost him a goal or two imo, when he's been well positioned.

Fair point but would still rather see Lee Johnson in the middle with Elliot than Carle when Johnson is fit.

Finally someone with some sense, you can't judge the guy yet. I was just pointing out the fact that he looks class, has pace and can tackle.

I personally think Carle has the potential to be 10 times a better player then Johnson, he just needs a decent run into the team. I think the creativity is there in his game and will happen sooner or later when he gets a decent run in the side. Unfortuantely I can only see him getting a decent run in the centre if LJ is out injured for a long time or sold!

Oh yeah it is hillarious now LJ is injured everyone wants him to rush back. If I had a pound for everytime I heard a City fan screaming to get him off the pitch I think I would be able to retire now. But I guess that is football!

Nicky Carle is a poor mans Lee Johnson. Does anyone know when Lee is expected to be fit? we talking weeks? months :unsure:

Whilst I don't want to go over old ground here, I think you're being quite harsh on the bloke.

How many goals/assists does LJ have this season from open play?

Thats a fair comparison considering Carle doesnt take set pieces.

Finally someone with some sense, you can't judge the guy yet. I was just pointing out the fact that he looks class, has pace and can tackle.

I personally think Carle has the potential to be 10 times a better player then Johnson, he just needs a decent run into the team. I think the creativity is there in his game and will happen sooner or later when he gets a decent run in the side. Unfortuantely I can only see him getting a decent run in the centre if LJ is out injured for a long time or sold!

Oh yeah it is hillarious now LJ is injured everyone wants him to rush back. If I had a pound for everytime I heard a City fan screaming to get him off the pitch I think I would be able to retire now. But I guess that is football!

Its obvious that Nick Carle has'nt settled into English football yet, thats why were missing LJ!! but potential to be 10 times better?? a bit ott don't ya think?

Its obvious that Nick Carle has'nt settled into English football yet, thats why were missing LJ!! but potential to be 10 times better?? a bit ott don't ya think?

Probably as OTT as you stating that Trundle isn't good enough in this league. :innocent06:

Seriously though, it was more a figure of speech saying "10 times". Lets just say a better player instead...

I don't think everyone has suddenly decided LJ needs to be rushed back. There are alot of fans who scream for him to come off the pitch when playing right but i don't think you can make that assumption about everyone. There are many times when people seem to just have a smoke screen when Johnson plays and regardless of whether Lee plays well he gets abuse. Johnson doesnt get enough credit for what he does. :bruce_h4h:

Probably as OTT as you stating that Trundle isn't good enough in this league. :innocent06:

Seriously though, it was more a figure of speech saying "10 times". Lets just say a better player instead...

I agree, he has more potential. As for Trundle, 4 goals in 18 appearances.....one of which was a penalty, which he did'nt earn. and half that was in one game!!

sorry but I don't think he's good enough. he has good skills, but you need more than that me thinks....

Would be delighted for him to prove me wrong though :city:

think your right, it's unfair to judge him really yet, but without doubt he's shown a heck of alot of potiential considering his been pushed all around the pitch on different game,

obviously the longer he's here the more he will adjust, but I don't believe we will fully see the best of him till next season, at which point it could well be the case that LJ isn't here, considering he's out of contract.

Long Term though 2/3 years down the line, I'd imagine Carle will be playing a better standard of football than LJ, whether it be with City or not, he just looks a class player.

to compare to LJ is harsh, as LJ is an established player in england and used to the style of football and our team, Carle has come in and shown glimpses of being a VERY good player.

in time, i think he's going to become a EXCELLENT player and but has already shown signs of being an excellent technical player

to compare to LJ is harsh, as LJ is an established player in england and used to the style of football and our team, Carle has come in and shown glimpses of being a VERY good player.

in time, i think he's going to become a EXCELLENT player and but has already shown signs of being an excellent technical player

Agreed scumbag, I'm sure carle will find his feet soon enough but he's still getting used to the english game, he'll be a class act when hes settled in.

Agreed scumbag, I'm sure carle will find his feet soon enough but he's still getting used to the english game, he'll be a class act when hes settled in.

that's the thing, on and off the field he's still settling into this country let alone this league, his performances are getting better but will be much better next season once's he had the summer to settle in and pre-season to adjust to the team.

Yet still he has shown early glimpses of what he's been brought in and has been close to scoring on a few occasions, bring in players from abroad is never ideal mid-season however, Johnson obviously saw something special to make the move...........so far........well on his way to becoming a fans favorite.

that's the thing, on and off the field he's still settling into this country let alone this league, his performances are getting better but will be much better next season once's he had the summer to settle in and pre-season to adjust to the team.

Yet still he has shown early glimpses of what he's been brought in and has been close to scoring on a few occasions, bring in players from abroad is never ideal mid-season however, Johnson obviously saw something special to make the move...........so far........well on his way to becoming a fans favorite.

One of a number of money signings that the jury is still out on and, for me, his best game was his first at Palace.

Done no favours by GJ playing him right wing.

Trundle, Sproule, Carle-nearly £2m.Not VFM or convincing IMHO.

One of a number of money signings that the jury is still out on and, for me, his best game was his first at Palace.

Done no favours by GJ playing him right wing.

Trundle, Sproule, Carle-nearly £2m.Not VFM or convincing IMHO.

I understand you're point BB.

Trunds.

For him, he hasn't played next to a big man which would give him more space as people would focus more on a player like dele or brooks then just trundle. We never looked dangerous with byfield and trunds upfront because they both don't hold the ball up, dele does, so surely time to give trunds a few games next to a target man?

Sproule

Turned Pro late, still learning his trade although if he had all of the atributes needed for a good winger he would be in the premiership. He needs better end product and positioning but I'm confident he will be a success.

Carle

Simply coming from another country, different style of play, different weather etc he is stil; adapting to the english lifestyle, but has shown good glimpses of being a great player for us, just hope he turns out to be a great player for us as he can be,

Archived