Wilson Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Adebola

SUBS: No need for Weale!

Skuse

Carle

Sproule

Fontaine

Trundle/Byfield

ALWAYS HAVE A SUB KEEPER - With only 3 out of 5 that can be used there should always be one there

so i'd go (if Johnson is fit) i don't think mccomber will be

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Adebola

SUBS

Weale

Trundle

Carle

Skuse

Vasko

this would be my team for next week if i was the manager

Basso

Wilson

Carey

Mcombe

Mccalister

Murray

Skuse

Johnson

Trundle

Brooker

Byfield

My reasons for dropping players

Orr - ok defensivley but cant get a decent ball ito the box, 4 very good chances yesterday in the 1st half to get a ball over and hit the 1st man every time.

Elliot - Has been struggling over the last month or so, maybe needs a rest

Sproule - I don't see what he offers, no good crosses and no regular goals

mcindoe - I don't see what he offers, no good crosses and no regular goals, i beleive Trundle would be a better option as he can deliver a decent cross.

Adebola - since hes come our results have gone downhill, ecourages us to play a route one game, for a big lad he is on his bum to much, Yesterday he missed his header and was fortunate it came off his shoulder.

don't expect many to agree but they are my opinions, instead of calling me a moaner/keep the faith bla blah blah, add your opionions and tell me why you think I'm wrong!

Basso

Wilson

Carey

Mcombe

Mccalister

Murray

Skuse

Johnson

Trundle

Brooker

Byfield

Orr - ok defensivley but cant get a decent ball ito the box, 4 very good chances yesterday in the 1st half to get a ball over and hit the 1st man every time.

mcindoe - I don't see what he offers, no good crosses and no regular goals, i beleive Trundle would be a better option as he can deliver a decent cross.

Adebola - since hes come our results have gone downhill, ecourages us to play a route one game, for a big lad he is on his bum to much, Yesterday he missed his header and was fortunate it came off his shoulder.

don't expect many to agree but they are my opinions, instead of calling me a moaner/keep the faith bla blah blah, add your opionions and tell me why you think I'm wrong!

Keep the faith bla blah blah,

Anyway, Trundle and murray on the wings?? we would have no pace what so ever! i agree on murray for sproule but mccindoe needs to keep his place in the team, he was close to turning in a goal yesterday, just as a team we didnt have much luck in the game apart from other results going our way.

As for adebola, hes the only striker who looks like scoring and when he came in we were second so if anything he has allowed us to continue our amazing run, but i agree maybe not helped the performances in terms of passing football but at this stage of the season a win is a win!

Big assumtion that Mccombe and Johnson will be fit enough but if they are Johnson will be back not sure about mccombe. Also can not see wilson coming back this season

Disagree can see Wilson coming in for Orr after his performance yesterday. GJ will be looking very closely at the vidoe of the game to see who was up for it and who performed - accept conditions were awful but pitch was as good as ours so no excuses

-----Brooker---Adebola-------

McIndoe--Carle----?

-----------Skuse----------------

McAllister--Carey--?---?

----------Basso------------------

Dunno about the defense. Wilson is decent at right back though. Vasko has awful awareness when players make runs off him ala yesterday and particularly that QPR shambles. Fontaine was gash against Plymouth and McCombe looks error prone alot of the time.

Sick of Elliott now, did exactly what the Milwall fans warned us of. Playing out his skin to attract Prem attention (supposedly Pompey) then slack off. If he's injured then he needs to man up and tell Johnson he cant play.

Sproule is a waste of time unless he wises up and uses his pace to good effect.

Basso

Wilson

Carey

Mcombe

Mccalister

Murray

Skuse

Johnson

Trundle

Brooker

Byfield

I'm sorry but seriously feel your acting on one game....drop McIndoe??? In these last few games he has pretty much been head and shoulders above every city player playing, always gives it his all and looks our biggest threat at times. How you can say he dosnt put in a good cross is beyond me...

Trundle played well yesterday i thought getting the ball and had a good link up play with Adebola at times who I thought, bar the goal, was poor and beaten to most headers by Loovens (spelling??)

Sproule is not performing at well as most would like but Murrays days are over I'm afraid so Wilson will be in and if not then Carle will move wide right if Johnson is fit.

Id would personally drop Sproule, Adebola and Elliott to bring in Wilson (right mid), Johnson (if fit center midfield) and Brooker up with Trundle.... I don't wanna see us becoming another Watford / Crystal Palace lumping the ball up to big forwards so we need to keep Trundle there as a footballing option. Lets not forget were supposed to be a good footballing side and when we do pass the bass around is when we look our most dangerous.

Our last 5 matches show 2 losses and 3 draws. The team is not working, especially not scoring.

I would have had Ribiero in when Orr was suspended, GJ just cant take the leap to give our Academy players a chance.

Carle has no goals or assists, like Trundle he is not contributing to our scoring capabilities.

After our 9 game losing streak, Noble was part of our successful midfield with Skuse and Russell. I would put Noble back in the midfield whilst LJ is injured or not.

Brooker used to lift the team with his presence, as he did with his brief appearance against Cardiff. Adebola and Brooker, not quite what I would select, but 2 blunt instruments may well batter the oposition into submission. If LJ, Elliot and McCombe are injured.

Basso,

Ribiero- Carey-Vasko- McCallister

Murray - Noble-Skuse-McIndoe

Brooker-Adebola.

Bench: Orr, Fontaine, Carle, Trundle, Weale.

Thats a starting eleven that will play hardball with Norwich and give us the edge.

If Johnson and McCombe are fit:

------------------------------BASSO----------------------------------

WILSON----------CAREY-----------McCOMBE---------MCALLISTER

MURRAY---------JOHNSON----------ELLIOT--------------MCINDOE

------------------ADEBOLA----------BROOKER----------------------

If Johnson and McCombe are out then Carle in the middle and Vasko at the back.

-------------------------------BASSO--------------------------------------

----ORR-------------CAREY-----------FONTAINE---------MCALLISTER--

----SPROULE-------ELLIOTT----------JOHNSON----------MCINDOE-----

----------------------ADEBOLA--------BROOKER--------------------------

SUBS.

WEALE

CARLE

VASKO

TRUNDLE

BYFIELD

If Johnson is not fit then I would start Carle and then have Murray on the bench.

Elliott does not need a rest, we have 6 games left, we cannot afford to rest one of our players of the season, he is still our best battling midfielder and an essential part of the reason we are in the position we're in. We cannot afford to not start our best XI at this stage of the campaign.

Really looking forward to Saturday, :goingup:

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McCallister

Wilson Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Adebola

SUBS: No need for Weale!

Skuse

Carle

Sproule

Fontaine

Trundle/Byfield

This game really is a must win game if we are to get auto promotion. With a fit McCombe in defence and a fit Johnson in midfield I'm sure we'll win. :winner_third_h4h:

McCombe and Johnson's absence is really being felt at the moment. I don't think any of us appreciated how much of an influence McCombe was having on the back four when he was in the side. I doubt Cardiff would've scored their first on Saturday if he was in the side as Vasko went to sleep and lost his man so I expect the axe to fall on him.

GJ's talking about four players not up to scratch (presumably that's four from Orr, Vasko, Carle, Sproule, or Trundle) so that's most likely to mean four changes from the side beaten over there. Going on that assumption, and McCombe and LJ being fit enough to play, this would be my guess...

----------------------Basso-----------------------

Wilson--------Carey----------McCombe--------McAllister

Murray--------Elliott----------Johnson---------McIndoe

--------------Brooker--------Adebola---------------

SUBS: Weale, Vasko, Skuse, Sproule, Trundle.

I think if McCombe and LJ aren't fit, which is most likely to be the case, then Fontaine will replace Vasko and Noble should replace Carle.

Ok. I started this thread so let's put the cat among the pigeons!

Let's assume everyone is fit.

Let's assume there are no issues between club/manager and certain players.

Let's assume we bring everyone back from loan

Let's assume we do foresake those that are possibly tired, not playing as well as they can etc etc

So the team could be

Basso

Keogh Carey McCombe McCallister

Wilson Elliott Johnson/Russell Mire-Williams

Brooker Adebola

SUBS:

Trundle

Fontaine

Skuse

Sproule

Byfield/McIndoe

Would love to add Scott Murray for his good delivery, but possibly we are all living on yesterday for this one?!

Ok. I started this thread so let's put the cat among the pigeons!

Let's assume everyone is fit.

Let's assume there are no issues between club/manager and certain players.

Let's assume we bring everyone back from loan

Let's assume we do foresake those that are possibly tired, not playing as well as they can etc etc

So the team could be

Basso

Keogh Carey McCombe McCallister

Wilson Elliott Johnson/Russell Mire-Williams

Brooker Adebola

SUBS:

Trundle

Fontaine

Skuse

Sproule

Byfield/McIndoe

Would love to add Scott Murray for his good delivery, but possibly we are all living on yesterday for this one?!

There's NO way in hell I'd put Jennison in ahead of McIndoe. I'd be shouting "you don't know what you're doing" if that came to reality!

Something significant has to change in the mindset of the existing first team for those players to retain their places with 6 CRITICAL games coming up.

GJ has been loyal and whether he believes he still can be with so much at stake, well we will see.

REMEMBER: He say's players have to affect games. Whoever is not affecting games in his mind will determine who loses their place(s)

I suggest Brooker is nailed on to start this Saturday against Norwich and I suggest there will be 2 more strikers on the bench for added firepower should things go badly. City cannot afford to lose so having too many defenders and a keeper in reserve is not an option.

By the way, it is obvious that Keogh, Russell and Myre-Williams would not play, but it would make things interesting. If we are to play wingers, then they MUST be played in by others and they MUST be able to go past people. McIndoe works very very hard, but he doesn't go past people and he doesn't contribute on the goal front.

Alternatively, we don't play wingers and therefore we line up differently and play a different game.

Either way, I pray we get back to playing football, on the ground and at pace which is where we have most success

Basso

Orr, Carey, Vasko/McCombe, McAllister

Murray, Carle, Skuse, McIndoe

Brooker, Adebola

Weale, Vasko/McCombe/Fontaine, Sproule, Trundle, Byfield

Retain Vasko because Deon Dublin will cause havoc at set pieces, bring in Murray because he has the experience which we DESPERATELY need now & is fresh, start Skuse because Elliott DESPERATELY needs a rest and give Brooker a start because LT & DB don't do these business when they start.

IF, big IF, Lee Johnson is fit then put him in for Carle.

BCAGFC

Basso

Orr, Carey, Vasko/McCombe, McAllister

Murray, Carle, Skuse, McIndoe

Brooker, Adebola

Weale, Vasko/McCombe/Fontaine, Sproule, Trundle, Byfield

Retain Vasko because Deon Dublin will cause havoc at set pieces, bring in Murray because he has the experience which we DESPERATELY need now & is fresh, start Skuse because Elliott DESPERATELY needs a rest and give Brooker a start because LT & DB don't do these business when they start.

IF, big IF, Lee Johnson is fit then put him in for Carle.

BCAGFC

hmm but say Johnson is fit you have Skuse and and him as a midfield sounds a bit too defensive to me.Even he's not on best form I still put him in because how well he "can" perform otherwise keep it the same. Although would be interesting to see Mcindoe in the centre but bit too late in the season to try out and well it won't considerd anyhow.

We have struggled when playing 4-4-2, so lets go back to a 5 man midfield

..basso...

Orr Carey Mcombe Mcalister

murrey Skuse Johnson Mcindoe

Carle

Adebola

Subs

Weale

Brooker

Sproule

trundle

Byfield

If we get an injury at the back Skuse can drop back. We can change to 4-3-3 later with Byfield and brooker coming on for Murrey and Carle or Skuse.

Happy Days

Archived