IGNORED

So I Suppose The Team Against Norwich Is

cityfan

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McCallister

Wilson Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Adebola

SUBS: No need for Weale!.........What with Basso's record of leaving the field injured??? :noexpression: :disapointed2se:

Skuse

Carle

Sproule

Fontaine

Trundle/Byfield

Johnson's injured and you may be right about teh front two but Skuse may partner Elliott as opposed to Carle.

More like:

...............BASSO.............

WILSON.....CAREY............MCCOMBE..............MCALLISTER....

MURRAY.....ELLIOTT..........CARLE......MCINDOE.........

....BROOKER.......ADEBOLA.............

SUBS

WEALE

SKUSE

FONTAINE

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE

If LJ does recover, he'll replace Carle!

Guest Eamer

Hard to say, we don't know if Johnson is fit. If he is that'll completely change the formation. 4-4-2 without him and 4-5-1 with him. I just hope Wilson doesn't get picked on the right. Sproule or Murray I'd be much happier with.

Johnson's injured and you may be right about teh front two but Skuse may partner Elliott as opposed to Carle.

More like:

..BASSO.............

WILSON.....CAREY............MCCOMBE.MCALLISTER....

MURRAY.....ELLIOTT..........CARLE......MCINDOE.........

....BROOKER.......ADEBOLA.............

SUBS

WEALE

SKUSE

FONTAINE

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE

If LJ does recover, he'll replace Carle!

Agree, but Noble instead of Brooker, (who will be on the bench), we need the creativity 'cos LJ is out...

In light of what I've read on the official site today I reckon GJ will line up like this...

---------------------Basso-------------------

Orr----------Carey----------McCombe--------McAllister

Sproule------Elliott----------Johnson---------McIndoe

-------------Brooker--------Adebola-----------

SUBS: Vasko, Carle, Murray, Trundle, Byfield.

We shall see...

In light of what I've read on the official site today I reckon GJ will line up like this...

---------------------Basso-------------------

Orr----------Carey----------McCombe--------McAllister

Sproule------Elliott----------Johnson---------McIndoe

-------------Brooker--------Adebola-----------

SUBS: Vasko, Carle, Murray, Trundle, Byfield.

We shall see...

i cannot see Johnson not having a sub keeper, i know its a tiny matter, but i doubt he would take the risk, especially now

i cannot see Johnson not having a sub keeper, i know its a tiny matter, but i doubt he would take the risk, especially now

Normally, I'd agree with that. But with this being an absolutely must win game, I think GJ knows he's got to have options on the bench. Therefore only the impact players should be taking the remaining spots in the sixteen and those would be the attacking options available.

No, because Vasko wont be in the team. (i think)

for not only tomorrow but the rest of the season, so I have been told.

GJ did comment recently about not having to put his arm around players any more, because our circumstances. Despite this, I find it literally unbelievable that he'd say to a player: "You will not be picked". This has likely been touched on in other threads (excuse the lack of recon.) but I can't see him ruling out anyone at such an important stage. Vasko had a poor 45 against Cardiff, losing their main threat in Johnson a number of times (eventually resulting in the goal) but he's been satisfactory bar that specific episode.

I'd like to see Trundle and Brooker up front but don't think it'll happen.

What I think:

Basso; Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister; Sproule, Elliott, Carle, McIndoe; Brooker, Adebola.

What I hope for:

Basso; Wilson, Carey, Vasko, McAllister; Murray, Skuse, Carle, McIndoe; Brooker, Trundle.

Orr's been poor recently, distribution especially. Vasko can deal with Dublin better than Fontaine. Murray deserves his chance after consistent non-performance from Sproule. Elliott's been a shadow for months now. Adebola's looked off the pace for a couple of weeks.

Obviously I'll be giving 100% to the 11 players GJ picks, but I'm happy that my picks are logical ones. I can't see wholesale changes like this at such a vital stage though.

Archived