IGNORED

Gary It Was Your Choice

Red Robin

GJ does come up with some surprising comments, but i suppose there's some sense in it.

You spend a season building a team that plays for each other and then some other side basically gets lucky with a loan signing. (can anyone seriously tell me that they predicted frazier cambell would get Hull to the brink of promotion ?)

And as for Cheltenham Town..

I have a feeling that Brooker (if fit, and if played), will score a hat-trick against Norwich, in a 3-0 win!

I dunno why, but I just have a good feeling about it! :englandsmile4wf:

Would be nice! A strong enough feeling to put a fiver on it?

I've said it once and I'll say it again. It is because of this attitude that GJ will eventually walk the first time a better offer comes along. He has produced a quality footballing side with limited resource and finance who have been promoted and have then punched above their weight - this will be noticed by bigger clubs than ours sooner or later.

When he does go and we are back in the mediocre doldrums - will you be happy then?

And when he goes to a 'bigger club' and fans have different opinions to him what does he do, walk away again? Give the man some credit, as a professional you acquire a thick skin and surround yourself with people who give constructive criticism not worry about whats on a fans forum.

GJ in the NOTW says he is unhappy with teams that have used the loan system to bring in players.

Gary you had the same chance to bring in players as every other championship side,you decided to stick with your troops,unfortunatly the majority of fans have seen all season our strikeing options have been weak.

You decided on Dele at a late stage in the season without him we would be in a much lower position than second now,yet us fans were crying out for another striker to come in.Quite clearly the strikers have not been good enough.

Look at Hull five loan signings playing yesterday,I would not put it past them to hit top two.

You keep harping on about sticking with what you have and giveing them the chance,unfortunatly there is no sentiment in football as you showed with Phil Jevons,Alex Russell, etc.

Your lack of activity up front will probably cost us unless Steve Brooker can be the new striker we need along side Dele that is going to be our last chance.

You had the same oppurtunity and still do to bring us Premier League football this season.

The choice was yours

Jesus H Christ. Will you give it a drink. A newly promoted side in second place, despite a couple of lousy games, and youre MOANING????? I take it you were there in 82 or therebouts, or when we last went up? By this stage we were down again, pretty much

I despair of some City fans I really do. Compared to Wondersons era, mate, we've many, many reasons to be cheerful. It aint over till the fat lady sings. she aint.

Jesus H Christ. Will you give it a drink. A newly promoted side in second place, despite a couple of lousy games, and youre MOANING????? I take it you were there in 82 or therebouts, or when we last went up? By this stage we were down again, pretty much

I despair of some City fans I really do. Compared to Wondersons era, mate, we've many, many reasons to be cheerful. It aint over till the fat lady sings. she aint.

Shes in Bristol on 13th June at the Colston Hall Bucks. Alison Moyet that is!! :dance:

Why does Gary bother staying at BCFC.

Actually why do I bother administrating this place when I read utter twaddle like this.

When GJ walks out in the summer to take a Premier League job I'll be thanking the likes of RR & Greenun for there support of him throughout.

What a laugh. Name one Premier League side who would be prepared to offer him their manager's job!

What a laugh. Name one Premier League side who would be prepared to offer him their manager's job!

Relegate Prem side this season ? What about a large Champ side ? Or even Notts Forest come to think of it ? Loads of clubs would want him.

Wigan

Bolton

Fulham (they wish also )

Derby (they wish :innocent06: )

Boro

Brummies

Most teams in the lower half at the min??

Reading would be feasable. With a decent chairman and good stadium. They also have alot of potential. Cant see it happening though unless Mr Coppell gets the boot!

noone knew this league was going to be so open but johnson's shoudlve signed a decent striker or two on loan. he's had 2 chances to do it. taking nothing away from the job he's done but if he had we'd be as good as up by now. just look at the difference its made to stoke and hull

noone knew this league was going to be so open but johnson's shoudlve signed a decent striker or two on loan. he's had 2 chances to do it. taking nothing away from the job he's done but if he had we'd be as good as up by now. just look at the difference its made to stoke and hull

How is it guranteed that any other strikers would score more in our team with the lack of service exactly?

Brooker is just what we need as he creates goals for himself unlike the others

No of course they woudn't i mean why would derby/fulham want a manager of GJ's quality???

Name a better english manager who would take those jobs then?

Since you ask, it's obvious that Derby and Fulham would do exactly what they did this season - appoint managers who have previous experience of managing at a high level. Fulham had previously tried Sanchez and Derby had previously tried Billy Davies. Both of these guys had not managed at Premier League level before and they both failed.

That's why Johnson won't be offered a Premier League job, and that doesn't mean he's a bad manager, just that the Premier League clubs operate at a different level to the rest of the league.

Since you ask, it's obvious that Derby and Fulham would do exactly what they did this season - appoint managers who have previous experience of managing at a high level. Fulham had previously tried Sanchez and Derby had previously tried Billy Davies. Both of these guys had not managed at Premier League level before and they both failed.

That's why Johnson won't be offered a Premier League job, and that doesn't mean he's a bad manager, just that the Premier League clubs operate at a different level to the rest of the league.

Johnson has proved he can work with in a tight budget, i mean, do you think sanchez or davies would of got yeovil from conference to league 1?

GJ is the perfect manager and i would go as far as saying he is the best english manager in this country his record is nothing short of fan bloody tastic and he would easily cut it at the prem with any of the teams i mentioned.

I woudn't be surprised to see Premier League clubs sniffing around at all

How is it guranteed that any other strikers would score more in our team with the lack of service exactly?

Brooker is just what we need as he creates goals for himself unlike the others

strikers are a different breed. they can create chances out of nothing. there not always relying on service. campbell at hull would've been a great signgin and if we went it for him once why didn't we ask to be kept informed when he did become available. he'd have scored goals in this team no doubt

strikers are a different breed. they can create chances out of nothing. there not always relying on service. campbell at hull would've been a great signgin and if we went it for him once why didn't we ask to be kept informed when he did become available. he'd have scored goals in this team no doubt

There is doubt though i don't think many strikers in this league would score plenty with the service they get from our players although big dele is grabbing some goals n fair play to the lad he's been immense, him and brooker will score goals i think

Johnson has proved he can work with in a tight budget, i mean, do you think sanchez or davies would of got yeovil from conference to league 1?

GJ is the perfect manager and i would go as far as saying he is the best english manager in this country his record is nothing short of fan bloody tastic and he would easily cut it at the prem with any of the teams i mentioned.

I woudn't be surprised to see Premier League clubs sniffing around at all

The assertion was that Johnson would be wanted by Premier League clubs. His record at Yeovil would be irrelevant to Premier League clubs.

The assertion was that Johnson would be wanted by Premier League clubs. His record at Yeovil would be irrelevant to Premier League clubs.

How would it be irrelevant? its part of his success as a manager i know it isn't at premier league standard but it proves hes a manager on the up with an exceptional record, who has been a success with every club and country! hes been at, i think premier clubs would look at his career as a whole and not just his city career

Bucks my dear fellow, to us its just a game, to others its seems to be their life. Do you not understand, if theres no promotion, then it seems the suicide rate in Bristol will go sky high !!!! :shutup:

Abso- bloody-lutely!

You'd think we were relegation candidates from some (a few) threads started after the Baadiff game! People need to keep this all in perspective and most of all; to the dissenters:

Don't Panic!

We'd all be speaking ###### German now if we'd had to rely on some posters reactions to the result - where's your ###### backbones now we have a fight on our hands? Surely none of you though that this was going to be that easy?

Don't panic, keep behind the team. Stronger when united!

Yep if he had taken action much earlier we would be as good as up.GJ has to take the responcibility IF we fail I'm afraid.

Not to mention the 50 million the club would have recieved.

Why does Gary bother staying at BCFC.

Actually why do I bother administrating this place when I read utter twaddle like this.

When GJ walks out in the summer to take a Premier League job I'll be thanking the likes of RR & Greenun for there support of him throughout. Did either of you watch the Chelsea game yesterday? If there was ever a point of manager knows best it was when he hauled Ballack off to howls of 'You don't know what your doing' and 10 minutes later they were 2-1 up.

Maybe, just maybe, Gary knows what he's doing. Afterall he's won promotion from leagues, managed at internation level and had us in the top 6 since September. What have you done in Football management, please tell me?

Tom, I'm a nobody compared to Gary Johnson, but as a Bristol City fan on an open forum that doesn't stop me presenting an alternative point of view.

I'm a great supporter of Gary, who has done wonders in turning this club from League 1 wastrels into Premier League challengers, but that doesn't mean that I agree with everything he says and does.

In fact, I don't expect anyone to give two hoots about any of my opinions and would be absolutely amazed if Gary did either. He's too focused on the job in hand - that's real. This is a forum where we just let off some steam from the safety of our own computers.

In the past I've taken this forum far too seriously, attacking posts and posters when they didn't deserve it and showing a lack of respect and appreciation of others point of view, but I've never had an agenda.

I'm forty now and life is too short for a playground mentality.

The end.

Tom, I'm a nobody compared to Gary Johnson, but as a Bristol City fan on an open forum that doesn't stop me presenting an alternative point of view.

I'm a great supporter of Gary, who has done wonders in turning this club from League 1 wastrels into Premier League challengers, but that doesn't mean that I agree with everything he says and does.

In fact, I don't expect anyone to give two hoots about any of my opinions and would be absolutely amazed if Gary did either. He's too focused on the job in hand - that's real. This is a forum where we just let off some steam from the safety of our own computers.

In the past I've taken this forum far too seriously, attacking posts and posters when they didn't deserve it and showing a lack of respect and appreciation of others point of view, but I've never had an agenda.

I'm forty now and life is too short for a playground mentality.

The end.

This forum is for all to air their views and people should respect peoples concerns and comments and not belittle the individuals comments,sadly many seem to on here.

It is a forum and my take on it is here for us to debate Bristol City FC

The way I see it is, GJ's done/doing a cracking job.

Nobody expected us to be up there at this stage of the season.

In hindsight, we have needed a goalscorer to complement what we already have especially when Jevons and Enoch have been giving their marching orders.

Yes, most of us have been crying out for one to be brought in at some point this season but look where we are. If we don't go up, I won't be pointing any finger at GJ as I thought we'd seriously struggle and him and his team have exceeded my expectations for this year.

But, if we do go up, he's a genius for pulling it off with the lack of strike power we started the season with.

Archived